- Douglas Adams at the BBC
Douglas Adams at the BBC is a three CD set released by BBC Audio in 2004 (ISBN 0-563-49404-2). By using extracts from many radio and TV productions, the three discs cover Douglas Adams's association with BBC Radio and TV from 1974 to 2001, and also include tributes to Adams that were transmitted between 2001 and 2003. Subjects are covered in an A-Z format (thus becoming an "A-Z of Douglas Adams"). Linking narration on all three discs is provided by Simon Jones. Several of the sketches, many of which are included for the first time since their original transmissions, had been discussed in biographies of Adams (e.g. Don't Panic by Neil Gaiman and Wish You Were Here by Nick Webb). In addition, the complete script for "The Lost Hitchhiker Sketch" appears in the 25th anniversary edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Original Radio Scripts. Disc one covers subjects A to G, disc two covers subjects H to P, and disc three covers subjects Q to Z.
- A: Animals: The Aye-Aye Lemur and the Amazonian Manatee, with excerpts from the radio series version of Last Chance to See
- B: The Burkiss Way, including sketches by Adams
- C: Computer Games (including the 1985 computer game adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Starship Titanic)
- D: Dirk Gently
- E: Endangered Species
- F: Footlights Revue
- G: Graham Chapman
- H: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future, Adams's final radio documentary series for BBC Radio 4
- I: The Internet
- J: "Keeping up with the Joneses" - an extract from Adams's radio tribute to Peter Jones in 2000.
- K: The Kakapo Parrot
- L: "The Lost Hitchhiker Sketch" - Sheila Steafel interviewing Simon Jones, in character as Arthur Dent from the radio show Steafel Plus, written by Adams.
- L (continued): Light Entertainment, including an extract from Black Cinderella Two Goes East
- M: Music and The Meaning of Liff
- N: News Huddlines
- O: Oh No, It Isn't - with a sketch from this 1970s radio series written by Adams.
- P: Publishing and Performing
- Q: Quiz Shows
- R: The Rodrigues Fruit Bat
- S: Science
- T: Technology
- U: The Universe
- V: Virtual Reality
- W: Doctor Who with extracts from The Pirate Planet
- X: Extra-Terrestrial Life
- Y: The Yangtze River Dolphin
- Z: Zoology
Note: The CD set was released in early September 2004, after the Tertiary Phase of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had been recorded, but before transmissions began. The earliest material on the set is from August 1974 (with material Adams had written while a student at Cambridge) and the most recent extracts are from the TV and radio tributes to Adams from August and September 2001 and March 2003.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Douglas Adams — This article is about the author. For the Indo Europeanist, see Douglas Q. Adams. Douglas Adams Born 11 March 1952(1952 03 11) Cambridge, England … Wikipedia
Douglas Adams — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Douglas et Adams. Douglas Adams … Wikipédia en Français
Douglas Adams — Photographie von Michael Hughes Douglas Noël Adams (* 11. März 1952 in Cambridge; † 11. Mai 2001 in Santa Barbara, Kalifornien) war ein britischer Schriftsteller. Er wurde vor allem mit der satirischen … Deutsch Wikipedia
Douglas Adams's Guide to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy — Douglas Adams s Guide to The Hitch Hiker s Guide to the Galaxy … Wikipedia
Douglas Adams — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Douglas Noël Adams Douglas Adams firmando libros durante una convención … Wikipedia Español
Stations of the BBC — List of stations= Television*United Kingdom **BBC One **BBC Two *United Kingdom (Digital Freeview, cable and satellite only) **BBC Three **BBC Four **BBC Parliament **BBC News (also online for UK users… … Wikipedia
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future — was a four part radio series hosted by Douglas Adams. It was broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in April and May 2001. Because the radio series turned out to be Adams s final project for the BBC before his death (a week after the first broadcast of the… … Wikipedia
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Primary and Secondary Phases — The terms Primary Phase and Secondary Phase describe the first two radio series of The Hitchhiker s Guide to the Galaxy . [The spelling of Hitchhiker s Guide has varied in different editions. For consistency this article always spells it this way … Wikipedia
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Tertiary to Quintessential Phases — The Tertiary Phase , Quandary Phase and Quintessential Phase are radio adaptations of the books Life, the Universe and Everything , So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish and Mostly Harmless recorded in 2003 and 2004 by Above the Title Productions… … Wikipedia
Douglas Noel Adams — Douglas Adams Pour les articles homonymes, voir Douglas et Adams. Demande de traduction … Wikipédia en Français