- C. B. Muthamma
name = C. B. Muthamma
birth_date = birth date and age|1924|01|24|df=y
Chonira Belliappa Muthamma (born
January 24, 1924) was the first woman to sit the Indian Civil Servicesexaminations in 1948 and to join the Indian Foreign Servicein 1949.
She is also know for her campaign for the rights of women in government service in India which included a landmark case in the judgement of which Judge Krishna Iyer stated "We do wish to impress upon the government the need to overhaul all Service Rules to remove the stain of (gender) discrimination."
Her last major published work was a collection of essays titled "Slain by the System" published in 2003.
* [http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2003/04/24/stories/2003042400400100.htm 'A true Indian's call for true democracy', The Hindu, 2003]
* [http://www.frontline.in/fl2009/stories/20030509000407200.htm 'Die-hard spirit', The Hindu, 2004]
* [http://www.rishabhdara.com/sc/view.php?case=6961 C. B. MUTHAMMA V. UNION OF INDIA & ORS (1979) RD-SC 183 (17 September 1979)]
* [http://www.kafila.org/2007/12/19/monobina-gupta-on-inconvenient-women/ Monobina Gupta on Inconvenient Women]
* [http://www.frontline.in/fl2009/stories/20030509000407200.htm A review of 'Slain By The System' by The Frontline]
* [http://www.indiaclub.com/Shop/AuthorSelect.asp?Author=C+B+Muthamma C. B. Muthamma at IndiaClub]
* [http://www.flipkart.com/books/Slain-By-The-System/C-B-Muthamma/8188251119/EW23FZV46E.html "Slain By The System" at FlipKart]
* [http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20060207&fname=indous&sid=1 'Present A Full Picture To The Indian Public'] (requires free registration with The Outlook magazine to permit browsing of its archives)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Kodagu district — Kodagu ಕೊಡಗು district … Wikipedia
Kodagu — Infobox Indian Jurisdiction native name = Kodagu (Coorg) base base map caption = Location of the Kodagu district with respect to the other districts of Karnataka type = district district district image desc = Taluk level map of Kodagu district… … Wikipedia
Madikeri — This article is about the municipality in India. For its namesake district, see Kodagu district. Madikeri town … Wikipedia
Kodava — Infobox Ethnic group group = Kodava people ಕೊಡವ poptime = 122,000Fact|date=January 2008 region1 = flagcountry|India pop1 = 122,000 langs = Kodava Takk rels = HinduismThe Kodava (ಕೊಡವ in Kannada script) are an ethnic group of southern India who… … Wikipedia
Abbey Falls — Coordinates … Wikipedia
Nisargadhama — Cauvery Nisargadhama Area Kaveri Nisargadhama is an island formed by river Kaveri and is used as a picnic spot near Kushalnagar in the district of Kodagu in Karnataka. It is approximately 3 km (1.9 mi) from Kushalanagara, off the State… … Wikipedia
Dubare — River Kaveri at Dubare. Dubare elephant camp near Madikeri … Wikipedia
Deaths in October 2009 — Contents 1 October 2009 1.1 31 1.2 30 1.3 29 … Wikipedia
Mallalli Falls — water fall … Wikipedia
Nekrolog 4. Quartal 2009 — Nekrolog ◄◄ | ◄ | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 Nekrolog 2009: 1. Quartal | 2. Quartal | 3. Quartal | 4. Quartal Weitere Ereignisse | Nekrolog (Tiere) | Filmjahr… … Deutsch Wikipedia