- Han Pao-teh
Han Pao-teh (漢寶德), born in 1934, is a
Taiwanese architect, educator and curator.
Han Pao-teh grew up in
Shandong, a rural province in Chinaand moved to Taiwan in 1952. In 1958, he graduated in architecturefrom the Tainan Institute of Technologyin Tainan City, Taiwan, which is now known as the National Cheng Kung University. He was awarded a scholarship to Harvard Universityin the United Statesfor a master's degree in architecture in 1965 and then also gained an MA degree at Princeton Universityin 1967.
He returned to
Taiwanin 1967, where he lectured as the head of the Department of Architecture at Tunghai Universitybased in Taichung. He left Tunghai in 1977 to be Dean of the College of Science and Engineering at the National Chung Hsing University.
During 1981–1986, Han Pao-teh was appointed by the
Executive Yuanto lead the preparation for the establishment of National Museum of Natural Science, the first modern museum in Taiwan, where he was also appointed by the Ministry of Education the first Director from 1987 to 1995. In 1993, Han Pao-teh was also appointed to establish Tainan National University of the Arts(TNNUA), where he was also selected to be the first president of TNNUA and the program chair of [http://web.tnnua.edu.tw/~museum/news_txt.htm the graduate school of Museum Studies] in 1996. Shortly after his retirement from TNNUA in 2000, Han Pao-teh was invited by the Ling Jiou Mountain Buddhist Foundation to be the first curator of the Museum of World Religions. During 1998–2001, he was also the director of [http://www.ncafroc.org.tw/ National Culture and Arts Foundation] . Han Pao-teh has been appointed the Geheimratof presidential palace in Taiwan since 2001.
Works of architecture
Buildings designed by Han Pao-teh include:
* Tiansiang Youth Activity Center (1978),
Taroko Gorge, Hualien County
* Cultural Center (1981),
* Institute of Ethnology (1985),
Tainan National University of the Arts(1996)
* Han Pao-Teh, "Han Pao-Teh's Narrative about Cultures", Artouch, 2006. ISBN 9867519841.
* Han Pao-Teh, "A Walk in European Architectures", Ecus Publishing House, 2005. ISBN 986-7454-35-6.
* Han Pao-Teh, "The Memoir of Han Pao-Teh", Book Zoom, 2004. ISBN 957-621-909-4.
* Han Pao-Teh, "Han Pao-Teh's Narrative about Aestheticism", Linkingbooks, 2004. ISBN 957-08-2703-3.
* Han Pao-Teh, "Expatiating on Architecture", Hebei Education Press, 2003. ISBN 7543450348.
* Han Pao-Teh, "Looking into Architecture", Artbook, 2002. ISBN 9867957407.
* Han Pao-Teh, "Exhibition Planning: Theory and Practice," Archi, 2000. ISBN 9578440987.
* Han Pao-Teh, "Recent Reflections on Architecture and Culture",
National Museum of History, 1995. ISBN 9570059230.
* Han Pao-Teh, "The Story of Chinese Landscape Design: External Forms and Internal Visions", Art Media Resources, Ltd., 1992. ISBN 978-9575303563.
* Han Pao-Teh, "Museum Management", Garden City Publishers, 1990. ISBN 957-8440-96-0.
* Han Pao-Teh, "The Spiritual Dimensions of Architecture", Architecture Informations, 1971. ISBN 957-0454-31-8.
* Han Pao-Teh, "Architecture, Society and Culture", Architecture Informations, 1971. ISBN 957-0454-11-3.
* Kelly Her, [http://taiwanreview.nat.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=24778&CtNode=128 A Postmodern Traditionalist] , "
Taiwan Review", 11/1/2007.
* [http://eng.archinform.net/arch/43707.htm Information] from
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Tainan National University of the Arts — (TNNUA, 國立臺南藝術大學) is an arts university in Guantian, Tainan County, Taiwan. The campus is set in countryside and beside the campus there is a reservoir. Many international guest professors visit this campus.The architect for the university was… … Wikipedia
Museum of World Religions — The Museum of World Religions (世界宗教博物館) is a museum in Yonghe District, New Taipei City, Taiwan. The museum was founded by Venerable Hsin Tao (心道), a Buddhist monk, and set up through the Ling Jiou Mountain Buddhist Foundation. The museum… … Wikipedia
National Museum of Natural Science — 國立自然科學博物館 Museum Entrance Established 1986 Location … Wikipedia
Ningbo dialect — 寧波閒話 Spoken in People s Republic of China Region Ningbo, Zhejiang province Ethnicity Ningbo peop … Wikipedia
China  — China (Gesch.). I. Mythische Zeit. A) Die 3 Kaiser bis 2940 v. Chr. Der geschichtliche Mythus beginnt mit Tian Hoang, Ti Hoang, Yin Hoang, dem himmlischen, dem irdischen, dem menschlichen Kaiser; sie lebten lange u. zeugten eine große Menge Söhne … Pierer's Universal-Lexikon
History of China — History of China † Catholic Encyclopedia ► History of China The question of the origin of the Chinese has been discussed by several foreign savants: J. Edkins (China s Place in Philology) seeks in Armenia or Mesopotamia a common… … Catholic encyclopedia
Order of battle of Battle of Wuhan — Wuchang Hankou Campaign (Early June Nov. 12 1938) Contents 1 Japan 1.1 Imperial Japanese Army (Mid July 1938) 1.2 Naval forces 1.3 Army Air Force … Wikipedia
China — • Includes history, government, education, and religion Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. China China † … Catholic encyclopedia
Comparison of Chinese romanization systems — Chinese romanization Mandarin for Standard Chinese Hanyu Pinyin (ISO standard) EFEO Gwoyeu Romatzyh Spelling conventions Latinxua Sin Wenz Mandarin… … Wikipedia
Comparaison des systèmes de romanisation du chinois — Romanisation des langues chinoises Mandarin Hanyu pinyin (汉语拼音) Tongyong pinyin (通用拼音) Gwoyeu Romatzyh (国语罗马字) Latinxua Sinwenz Lessing Othmer Mandarin Phonetic Symbols II Pinyin postal Romanisation de l EFEO Romanisati … Wikipédia en Français