- Concerned Citizens Party
The Concerned Citizens Party is the Connecticut affiliate of the Constitution Party. The party's name is related to ballot access issues in Connecticut which have made it advantageous for the group to retain a name differing from the national organization with which they are affiliated. It was founded by Joe Zdonczyk and pre-dates the founding of Constitution Party having been founded in the mid-1970s .
- opposed to abortion, euthanasia and assisted suicide and will not support candidates who support these views "without exception."
- environmental policies "must first take into account the inherent dignity and supreme value of humans."
- support income taxes and society's responsibility to take care of all forms of humanity that cannot for reasons beyond their control take care of themselves.
- opposed to homeschooling and strong supporter of public education. Public education is a constitutional right and as such, we must support this precious institution.
- support organized labor, worker's rights and the inherent freedom of our citizens under the constitution.
2006 statewide candidates
- Joseph A. Zdonczyk, Governor
- Jose Garcia, Lieutenant Governor
- Timothy Knibbs, US Senate
- Jean Marie Burness, Secretary of the State
- Mimi Knibbs, State Treasurer
2006 State Assembly candidates
- Stanley Wosczyna, 24th State Assembly District
- Robert Gorgonlione, 49th State Assembly District
- Richard Shuley, 66th State Assembly District
- Justin Ruggiers, 75th State Assembly District
- Rosita Rodrigez, 80th State Assembly District
- Nicholas Piccolo, 81st State Assembly District
Connecticut political parties Major Minor DefunctA Connecticut Party • Toleration Party Political party strength in Connecticut Constitution Party Presidential tickets Parties by state
and territoryStateAlabama · Alaska · Arizona · Arkansas · California · Colorado · Connecticut · Delaware · Florida · Georgia · Hawaii · Idaho · Illinois · Indiana · Iowa · Kansas · Kentucky · Louisiana · Maine · Maryland · Massachusetts · Michigan · Minnesota · Mississippi · Missouri · Montana (no State Party) · Nebraska · Nevada · New Hampshire · New Jersey · New Mexico · New York · North Carolina · North Dakota · Ohio · Oklahoma · Oregon (no State Party) · Pennsylvania · Rhode Island · South Carolina · South Dakota · Tennessee · Texas · Utah · Vermont · Virginia · Washington · West Virginia · Wisconsin · WyomingTerritoryDistrict of Columbia · Guam (no Territory party) · Northern Mariana Islands (no Territory party) · Puerto Rico (no Territory party) · Virgin Islands (no Territory party)
Affiliated organizations Related articles Conservatism Portal
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Concerned Citizens' Movement — Leader Vance Amory Founded 1987 Ideology Nevis interest Seats … Wikipedia
Citizens Party (Hong Kong) — Citizens Party 民權黨 Founded May 1997 Dissolved 9 May 2008 Ideology Liberalism, Multiculturalism, Environmentalism Politi … Wikipedia
Coalition of Concerned Citizens — The Coalition of Concerned Citizens was a New Zealand Christian conservative pressure group, and one of several attempts to form pro censorship, anti abortion, anti gay and sex education opponents into a comprehensive social conservative… … Wikipedia
Citizens in Rage — (German: Bürger in Wut (BIW)) is a German right wing populist voter s association represented in the state parliament of Bremen. It is led by Jan Timke. It was founded in March 2004 as a successor to the Bremen section of the Law and Order… … Wikipedia
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission — Supreme Court of the United States Argued March 24, 2009 … Wikipedia
Concerned Women for America — (CWFA) is a conservative Christian public policy group active in the United States best known for its stance against abortion. The group was founded in 1979 by Beverly LaHaye, wife of Christian Coalition of America co founder Timothy LaHaye, as a … Wikipedia
Citizens Union — is one of the United States first good government groups. Founded in 1897 as a political party, the group was reconstituted in 1908 as a non partisan member organization with the broad mission of serving as a watchdog for the public interest and… … Wikipedia
Citizens' Battle Against Corruption — CIBAC symbol The Citizen s Battle Against Corruption (CIBAC) is a political party in the Philippines. In the 2004 elections for the House of Representatives CIBAC got 495,193 votes (3.8924% of the nationwide vote) and one seat. CIBAC is… … Wikipedia
Constitution Party (United States) — Constitution Party Chairman Jim Clymer Senate Leader None … Wikipedia
Working Families Party — of New York Chairman Sam Williams (co chair) Bob Master (co chair) Founded 1998 Headquarters 2 Nevins Street … Wikipedia