- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards
Non-profit_name = APEA
Non-profit_type = Entrepreneurship Awards
William Ng(President);TC Ooi(Executive Director)
Non-profit_Geographic_Presence = [Malaysia] , [Brunei] , [Indonesia] , [Philippines] , [Vietnam] , [Cambodia] , [Thailand] , [Hong Kong] , [Macau] , [Australia] , [New Zealand] , [China] , [India] , [Japan] , [South Korea] , [Taiwan]
Contact = awards (at) enterpriseasia.org
homepage = [http://www.enterpriseasia.org www.enterpriseasia.org]
Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards are a series of recognition awards given by a Kuala Lumpur-based regional NGO,
Started as an initiative to identify and recognise outstanding entrepreneurship, the Awards have now evolved into a credible, highly desired award in Asia Pacific. Winners are
torch bearersfor entrepreneurship in their respective countries, and are invited to be part of the annual "Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Forum" - the first of which is slotted to be held in Hangzhou, China in 2009.
First held in Malaysia, APEA recognises business leaders for outstanding entrepreneurship as judged by an independent judging panel. These Awards are accorded to the exemplary few who have shown outstanding performance in the communication of their visions, brands and strategies. The objective is to enhance the awareness of the importance of entrepreneurship amongst the general public and in turn, stimulate the growth of local and regional brands and enterprises both locally and regionally.
Category 1: Outstanding Entrepreneur Awards
Awarded to outstanding individuals who have demonstrated entrepreneurial attributes that make them role models for emerging entrepreneurs, including the tenacity and perseverance to continue innovating and making a difference under adverse situations and environments.
These individuals continue to provide the vision and direction to their companies and are poised to be captains of their respective industries in the future.
*"Criteria:" Nominees must be in continued leadership of a registered business (public listed or non-listed) for no less than 3 years, with a cumulative turnover of no less than USD 10 million in the past two years.
Category 2: Most Promising Entrepreneur Awards
Awarded to entrepreneurs that have displayed outstanding accomplishments in the past and present and have the vision and plans to lead their companies to be leading businesses in the near future.
*"Criteria:" Nominees must be in continued leadership of a registered business for no less than 1 year, with an annual turnover of no less than USD 1 million in the past one year.
pecial Achievement Awards "(by invitation only)"
*Entrepreneur of the Year 2007
*Women Entrepreneur of the Year 2007
*Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2007The winners are extraordinary individuals that possess true enterprising spirit. The crème de la crème of entrepreneurs, these winners are likely to be leaders of multiple businesses or a public listed company, having built the company from scratch or have taken the company to new heights since taking over the reins.
*"Criteria:" Nominees must fulfill the same criteria as those in Category 1. Women Entrepreneur of the Year winner must be the CEO or possess majority shareholding of the business. Young Entrepreneur of the Year winner must be an entrepreneur who is 35 years old and below and has demonstrated that business acumen and entrepreneurial traits recognise no age boundary.
*Lifetime Achievement AwardPresented to individual(s) who has demonstrated outstanding entrepreneurial spirit and deserved to be honoured and remembered by generations to come.
*Investment in People AwardAn entrepreneur or enterprise that has demonstrated clear and continued investment in people development and welfare and a people-first corporate culture.
*Responsible Entrepreneurship AwardAn entrepreneur or enterprise that has demonstrated a culture of socially and environmentally responsible entrepreneurship. The winner will be a role model on how businesses and social and environmental concerns can co-exist and be mutually beneficial.
Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2007 (Malaysia Region)
Woman Entrepreneur of the YearDatuk
Bridget LaiGroup Chief Executive Officer, Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad
Lifetime Entrepreneurship Achievement Award
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Teh Hong PiowChairman, Public Bank Berhad
Responsible Entrepreneurship Award
Sistem Televisyen Malaysia Berhad/ TV3
Investment in People Award
Hitachi Asia (M) Sdn Bhd
Outstanding Entrepreneur Awards
Dato' Hj. Ameer Ali Bin Mydin, Mydin Mohamed Holdings Berhad
*Lee Boon Huat, Amove Resources Sdn Bhd
Norman Abdul Halim, KRU Berhad
Kenneth Vun, FTEC Resources Berhad
*Juraisan Bin Mohammad, JRM Services Sdn Bhd
*Lee Tee Hua, Lubeworld Holdings Sdn Bhd
*Michael Yip Nine Guan, EGL Eagle Global Logistics (M) Sdn Bhd
*Goh Cheh Yak,
Gintell(M) Sdn Bhd
*Dr. Haminuddin Bin Abd Hamid, Ideal Healthcare Sdn Bhd
*Roselina Tan Sri Mahmood,
Mahmood Security(M) Sdn Bhd
Jotun(M) Sdn Bhd
*Subee Palanisamy, Malaysian Aluminium & Alloys Sdn Bhd
*Dato' Tan Hock San,
FSBM Holdings Berhad
*Ravee a/l Packirisamy,
*Jimmy Lim Lai Ho, Tokai Engineering (M) Sdn Bhd
*Dato' Idrus Bin Mohd Satha,
*Kim Knud Hansen,
MaerskMalaysia Sdn Bhd
*Mazlan Bin Muhammad, MM Vitaoils Sdn Bhd Most Promising Entrepreneur Awards
*Ar. Azim A. Aziz, ATSA Architects Sdn Bhd
*Peter Siak Hin Ng, Compumed Services Sdn Bhd
*Danny Leong, Cuscapi Berhad
*Brandon Lau Boon Leong, EOA Automobile (M) Sdn Bhd
*Nuraslina Zainal Abidin, Genaxis Sdn Bhd
*Airique Soo Chung Yee, Hwa Tai Industries Berhad
*Jumaatun Binti Azmi, Kasehdia Sdn Bhd
David Teo Chew Huat, Metrowealth Movies ProductionsS/B
*Dato' Shamsudin Bin Hj Nor, Pantai Bharu Holdings Sdn Bhd
*Sazaly Bin Hassan, Protellus (M) Sdn Bhd
*Aminuddin Baki @ Sabtu Bin Esa,
*Ir. Mohd Abdul Karim Abdullah, Serba Dinamik Sdn Bhd
*Chew Chee Bor,
SSF ConstructionSdn Bhd
*Kho Han Yao,
Trans NiagaSdn Bhd
*Patrick John Wee Ewe Seng,
True YogaSdn Bhd
Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2008 (Malaysia Region)
Entrepreneur of the Year 2008
Tan SriDr. Lim Wee Chai, Chairman, Top Glove Corporation Berhad
Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2008Dato’
Farah Khan, President, The Melium Group
Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2008George Ang, Group Managing Director, Revenue Valley Sdn Bhd
Lifetime Achievement AwardTan Sri Dato’ Seri Utama
SM Nasimuddin SM Amin, Founder, Naza Group
Special Achievement AwardProfessor Emeritus Tan Sri Dato’ Dr.
Lim Kok Wing, Founder / President, Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
Outstanding Entrepreneurship Awards
Tengku Farith Rithauddeen, Group CEO, SkaliGroup
* Tan Sri Dato’
Azman Hashim, Chief Executive Officer, AmAssurance Berhad
* Phun Lee Ming, General Manager, Malaysia & Singapore, Atlas Copco (M) Sdn Bhd
* Tan Sri Dato’ Lodin Wok Kamaruddin, Group Managing Director,
* Michael Yip Nine Guan, Managing Director,
Ceva FreightHoldings (M) Sdn Bhd
* David Tan Ah Ba, Managing Director,
City Link Express(M) Sdn Bhd
* Thed Cor Yong, Group Managing Director, CMG Holdings Sdn Bhd
* Redza Rafiq, Managing Director,
Cyberview Sdn Bhd
* Dato' Ahmad Shukri Tajuddin, Group CEO, Kulim Technology Park Corporation Sdn Bhd
* San Chin Choon, Managing Director, Leno Marketing (M) Sdn Bhd
* Chin Ten Hoy, Director / General Manager,
Mayflower Acme ToursSdn Bhd
* Halmi Jasmin, Group Managing Director, [Metro Parking (M) Sdn Bhd]
* Noorizah Haji Abdul Hamid, Managing Director,
PLUS Expressway Berhad
* Dato' Jamaluddin Abdul Kadir, Group CEO, Prima Agriproducts Sdn Bhd
* Yap Yuen Thye, Chief Executive Officer,
Ranhill BersekutuSdn Bhd
* Dr. Ricky Lim Mok Guan, President & CEO, Sendi Mutiara Multimedia Sdn Bhd
* Ir. Mohd Abdul Karim Abdullah, Group Managing Director, Serba Dinamik Sdn Bhd
* Dato’ Patrick Tan & Dato’ David Hew, Co-Founders, Visiber Sdn BhdMost Promising Entrepreneurship Awards
* Peter Thong Sing Ping, Managing Director, Alphamatic Group of Companies
* Ravishanker V. Thambiah, Managing Director, [Asiankom Communication (M) Sdn Bhd] [http://www.asiankom.com]
* Tony Looi Chee Hong, General Manager, Ban Lee Hin Engineering & Construction Sdn Bhd
* Muniyati Muhamad, Chief Executive Officer,
BernamaSystems & Solutions Advisor Sdn Bhd
* Hamie Appala Nakkiah, Managing Director, Biforst Holdings Sdn Bhd
* Alvin Lim Wen Yeh, President, Big House Management Services Sdn Bhd
* Haji Abdul Halim Alias, Managing Director, D'Subha Multi Industries (M) Sdn Bhd
* Lai Chung Onn, Chief Executive Officer, DMF Technology Holdings MSC Sdn Bhd
* Leow Yong Seang, Managing Director, Harian Shoes Sdn Bhd
* Foong Wei Kuong, Chief Executive Officer, JF Technology Berhad
* Tai Sing Nge, Managing Director, Maxima Franchise Sdn Bhd
* Yee Kim Mun, Managing Director, Transkon Sdn Bhd
Tengku Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz, Chief Executive Officer, Tune MoneySdn Bhd
* Goh Wei Sing, Managing Director, Union Vector Technologies Sdn Bhd
* Yong Yoon Ming, Managing Director, Writebest Sdn Bhd
* Kenny Low Chin Koon, Managing Director, Wysen Industry Sdn Bhd
* Previndran Sathurgasinghe, Chief Executive Officer, Zerin Properties Investment in People Award
Northport(Malaysia) BerhadResponsible Entrepreneurship Award
Great Eastern LifeAssurance (M) Berhad
Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2008 (Indonesia Region)
Entrepreneur of the Year 2008
Sandiaga Uno, CEO, Saratoga Capital
Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2008Dr.
Martha Tilaar, Founder and Chairperson, Martha Tilaar Group
Lifetime Achievement AwardDr. Ir.
Ciputra, Founder / Chairman, PT. Ciputra Group
Outstanding Entrepreneurship Awards
Stanley Setia Atmadja, President Director, PT. AdiraDinamika Multi Finance Tbk.
* Liu Samuel Yu, President Director, PT. Asrigita Prasarana
* Hiramsyah Sambudhy Thaib, President Director & CEO, PT.
* Ali Yong, Director, P.T.
Bank DanamonIndonesia Tbk.
* Pramukti Surjaudaja, President and CEO, PT.
* Kosin Soemawidjaja, President Director, PT. Eka Dharma Jaya Sakti
* Chand Ratan Dugar, President Director, PT. Elegant Textile Industry
* Eteng A. Salam, President Director, PT. Elnusa, Tbk.
* Hasnul Suhaimi, President Director, PT.
ExcelcomindoPratama Tbk. (XL)
* Dr. Ing. Gunadi Sindhuwinata, President Director, PT. Indomobil Sukses Internasional Tbk.
* H. M. Syahrial Yusuf, President Director, LP3I
* Jeffrey Koes Wonsono, President Director, PT. Multipolar Tbk.
* Dr. BRA Mooryati Soedibyo, President Director, PT.
* Adi Rusli, Managing Director, PT. Oracle Indonesia
* Satrijanto Tirtawisata, Chief Executive Officer, PT.
* Saripin Taidy, President Director, PT. Probesco Disatama
* Ir. Triharyo Soesilo, President Director / CEO, PT. Rekayasa Industri
* Retno Iswari Tranggono, President Director, PT.
* Asep Sulaiman Sabanda, President Director, PT. Santika Duta NusantaraMost Promising Entrepreneurship Awards
* Hendy Setiono, President Director, PT.
* Yoris Sebastian, Chief Creative Officer, OMG Creative Consulting
* Yuliasiane Sulistiyawati, Managing Director, PT. [Pazia Pillar Mercycom [
* Andrie Trisaksono, Director, PT. Tri Cahya Inti Cipta
* Reza V. Maspaitella, President & CEO, PT.
* Drs. Ec. Peter Wongso, CEO, Wong Hang Distinguished TailorInvestment in People Award
* PT Astra
HondaMotoResponsible Entrepreneurship Award
Bursa Efek Indonesia/ Indonesia Stock Exchange
Nominations FactsNominations would be analysed to verify that the entrepreneur or the company has successfully identified risks and taken the necessary initiatives, to lead and inspire others, to soar against challenges, plan and implement sound and effective strategies and demonstrated their forte, whether locally or internationally. Most importantly, their entrepreneurial spirit must have been proven through track records.
Anyone who is associated with a successful entrepreneur can encourage them to enter. This includes employees, customers, company advisors, family and friends. You may also enter yourself or your own company.
How to Submit Your NominationNomination forms can be obtained by contacting the Secretariat, or downloaded from the Official Website. Awards for individuals can be submitted by the nominee or by an authorized proposer. Please note that Category 3 is by invitation only and no nomination is accepted. However, invitees may be required by the Organising Committee to submit such documentations as may be deemed necessary.
If you feel that the nomination is of extraordinary and unparalleled merit, you may also propose an additional Category 3 Achievement Sub-category. Your proposal will be reviewed accordingly prior to submission for the consideration of the Panel of Judges.
The Awards are granted at the sole discretion of the awards Panel of Judges who include market-driven, customer-centric business, academic and political leaders and audited by the appointed Auditors. In the event that the Panel of Judges decidesthat there is no worthy achiever in any category, the particular category may not be awarded.
Winners will be contacted and announcement made through a publicity exercise with an Awards Presentation and Gala Dinner. Winners will also be eligible to participate in the
Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Forum2009 in Hangzhou, Chinaand have full access to all activities and networking sessions hosted by Enterprise Asia.
Latest Nomination Deadlines
*Singapore 30 September 2008
*Thailand 30 September 2008
*Vietnam 31 October 2008
Partners and Sponsors
*Official Auditors -
International Labour Organization
News Straits Times
*Cycle & Carriage Bintang (
SME & Entrepreneurship Magazine
Radio Television Brunei
Brunei Economic Development Board
SME & Entrepreneurship Magazine
SME & Entrepreneurship Magazine
The Nine Muses Club
PT Harley Davidsson
RSM AAJ Associates
* [http://www.enterpriseasia.org Official Site]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Enterprise Asia — Infobox Non profit Non profit name = Enterprise Asia Non profit Non profit type = Non Government Organisation founded date = 2007 key people = William Ng (President); TC Ooi (Executive Director) area served = Asia Pacific focus = Entrepreneurship … Wikipedia
SME & Entrepreneurship Magazine — Infobox Magazine title = SME Magazine image size = 150px image caption = SME Magazine , July 2008 editor = William Ng frequency = Monthly category = Business Magazine circulation = 31,059 monthly [ [http://www.smemagazine.com.my SME… … Wikipedia
List of prizes, medals, and awards — A list of famous prizes, medals, and awards including badges, bowls, cups, state decorations, trophies, etc. Contents 1 Business and management 2 Entertainment 2.1 Advertising … Wikipedia
Trinity University of Asia — Infobox University name = Trinity University of Asia image size = 140px vision = Preparing for Life through God centered Education and Service established = 1963 type = Private, Episcopalian University president = Josefina S. Sumaya, Ph.D.… … Wikipedia
Wu Chun — at Super Hot autograph singing event on 18 September 2010 Chinese name 吳尊 (T … Wikipedia
Hitachi, Ltd. — Infobox Company name = Hitachi, Ltd type = Public (tyo|6501 nyse|HIT) slogan = Inspire the Next foundation = 1910 location city = Marunouchi 1, Chiyoda, Tokyo location country = JPN key people = Namihei Odaira, Founder Kazuo Furukawa, President… … Wikipedia
Nila Madhab Panda — Born 18 October 1973 (1973 10 18) (age 38) Sonepur, Orissa, India … Wikipedia
William Ng — Infobox Celebrity name = William Ng imagesize = 259px birth date = birth place = Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia death date = death place = occupation = Publisher, Editor, Journalist, Entrepreneur education = salary = networth = spouse = children =… … Wikipedia
Jackie Chan — Jackie Chan … Wikipedia
Manila Christian Computer Institute for the Deaf — College of Technology, Inc. Motto God, Education, Technology, Life Established 1993/2008 Type … Wikipedia