- Anneliese van der Pol
Anneliese van der Pol Birth name Anneliese Louise van der Pol Born September 23, 1984
Genres Pop, musical theatre Occupations Actress, singer, dancer Years active 1999–present Associated acts Disney Channel Circle of Stars Website Official Facebook
Anneliese Louise van der Pol (born September 23, 1984) is a Dutch-American actress and singer. After an early career in musical theatre, she was cast as Chelsea Daniels in the Disney Channel Original Series That's So Raven, a role that gained her renown among young audiences. Van der Pol also has a career as a singer and has recorded several songs for The Walt Disney Company. She made her Broadway debut in 2007, and appeared Off-Broadway in 2009. She has also acted in the 2010 vampire spoof film Vampires Suck directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.
- 1 Life and career
- 2 Filmography
- 3 Theatre
- 4 Discography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Life and career
Early life and career beginnings
Van der Pol was born in Naaldwijk, the Netherlands to Willem van der Pol, who is Dutch and the director of the Physical Plant at the California State University in Fullerton, California, and Dyan Ross, an American from Brooklyn, New York City. Van der Pol's mother named her after Anne Frank after visiting the house where Frank hid. Van der Pol has two older sisters, Rachel and Sarah. Van der Pol's family moved to her mother's native United States when she was three years old, and she retains dual citizenship between the Netherlands and the United States.
Van der Pol attended School in Bellflower, California where she began acting in third grade. She graduated from the theater program of the acclaimed Orange County High School of the Arts and later attended Bellflower High School. In 1999, van der Pol played Sandy Dumbrowsky in the Huntington Beach Playhouse revival of Grease, which earned her a Bobbi Award for "Best Actress in a Musical." She played Eva Perón in the Buena Park Civic Theatre production of Evita in 1999 and received positive reviews from the Los Angeles Times. At the age of fifteen, she is also the youngest actresses in Theatrical History to play the role in a professional production.
Van der Pol subsequently starred as "Laurey" in an Austin, Texas, musical theatre production of Oklahoma! from 2000 to 2001. Her performance earned her both an Austin Critics Table Award nomination for "Best Actress in a Musical" and an B. Iden Payne Nomination for "Best Featured Actress in a Musical".
2002–2006: Disney and That's So Raven
In 2002, she was cast as Chelsea Daniels, the best friend of the title character on the Disney Channel's That's So Raven, a role which she portrayed from 2002 to 2007. Just as the first season of "That's So Raven" began, she went back to Austin Musical Theatre to perform in "Celebrate: AMT," a performance highlighting all the shows the company had done up to then. She was a featured soloist. Van der Pol also appeared on the Disney Channel Games as a member of the Red Team; her teammates were Zac Efron, Kay Panabaker, Dylan Sprouse, Shin Koyamada, and Moises Arias. She was originally offered the role of Kim Possible but chose not to take the part. Anneliese also had a supporting role in Bratz: The Movie as Avery, a mean popular girl and best friend to the main antagonist.
As That's So Raven's popularity rose, Disney showcased van der Pol's musical talents by signing her for several music compilations. In 2004, she recorded the song "Over It" for the Disney Channel Original Movie Stuck in the Suburbs which became the soundtrack's lead single. Her second solo recording, called "A Day in the Sun," a cover originally sung by Hilary Duff, appeared on the album That's So Raven Too!. Van der Pol has been associated with several other Disney music projects, including the Elton John song "Circle of Life" for a special edition of The Lion King DVD, "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" for the Cinderella: Special Edition DVD, and "Candle on the Water" from Pete's Dragon on DisneyMania 4.
On July 10, 2006, van der Pol was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol. Officers said she was arrested after hitting a parked car and several other cars. According to court documents, van der Pol was driving with a 0.19 blood-alcohol level, more than twice California's legal limit of 0.08. In 2007, she pleaded "no contest" to the charges and received 36 months probation and a penalty of $2,844 in fines and assessments. She was also required to attend an alcohol education program. Van der Pol's probation ended in March 2010.
2007–2009: Broadway debut, Beauty & the Beast and Vanities, A New Musical
In February 2007, it was announced van der Pol would be making her Broadway debut as Belle, in Beauty and the Beast. Van der Pol was the musical's 17th (and final) Belle. She played the role from April 3, 2007 to July 29, 2007 as the show reached its 5,464th (and final) performance. During her run as Belle, van der Pol also performed at Bryant Park's Broadway in Bryant Park on July 12, 2007 along Beauty and the Beast co-stars Chris Hoch and Jeanne Lehmann, performing songs from the show. Prior to Beauty's final show, van der Pol appeared on Live with Regis and Kelly for a small interview discussing her Broadway debut and experiences with the show. She also discussed the origins of her name, and performed Beauty 's "A Change in Me."
In May 2008, it was revealed that van der Pol would play the role of Kathy in the new musical, Vanities, A New Musical. She originated the role of Kathy during the musical's Broadway previews in Pasadena, California from August 22, 2008 to September 28, 2008. Originally, the musical was scheduled to begin performances on Broadway February 2, 2009 at the Lyceum Theatre with an official opening on February 26, 2009 but the show's Broadway run was postponed due to the economic turmoil in the US and to focus on the future of the musical. The show then made its New York City debut Off-Broadway at the Second Stage Theatre on July 2, 2009 in previews, and officially opened on July 16, 2009. Performances continued through August 9, 2009. On August 21, 2009, she started recording the Original Cast Album for the musical alongside Lauren Kennedy and Sarah Stiles. The album was later released with Sh-k-Boom Records on December 15, 2009.
As of July 2009, she stated she had received her fourth call-back for the role of Glinda in Wicked on Broadway. Van der Pol is stated to appear in a twelve part Jewish version of Sesame Street called Shalom Sesame. The series is scheduled to debut during the Hanukkah holiday in December 2010.
In September 2009, van der Pol starred as Esther Smith in the Theatre Under The Stars production of Meet Me in St. Louis that had a limited run from September 29 to October 11, 2009. In December 2009, van der Pol made a guest appearance on The Battery's Down, as Rhonda Busby Smith. The episode premiered on December 1, 2009 on YouTube, where the web-series ran for two seasons.
2010–present: Vampires Suck, Friends With Benefits, & Shake It Up
Van der Pol starred in Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer's spoof film, Vampires Suck, based on the Twilight series. Van der Pol plays the role of Jennifer, Becca's new best friend. The film's trailer exclusively premiered on Break.com on July 7, 2010 featuring Anneliese's character introducing the cast of Jersey Shore. To promote the film, van der Pol made appearances during New York Comic Con weekend for meet-and-greets with fans and to join a live discussion panel for Vampires Suck, along with co-star Matt Lanter.
Van der Pol will appear in the upcoming thriller film, Cats Dancing on Jupiter, alongside Amanda Righetti and Jonathan Bennett. Van der Pol will make her return to television as a guest star in NBC's upcoming television series, Friends with Benefits. Van der Pol also will return to the Disney Channel in a guest starring role on Shake It Up, as Ronnie, a former dancer of Shake It Up Chicago!. The episode, "Reunion It Up!" premiered on April 10, 2011.
Van der Pol had been cast as "Fiona MacLeod" in Arthur Kopit and Anton Dudley's "A Dram of Drummhicit", a Scottish play presented by La Jolla Playhouse. The Scottish play started previews May 17, 2011 in San Diego. On April 24, van der Pol announced that she would not be continuing with the production, due to artistic differences between herself and the play's director.
In September 2011, van der Pol was cast to perform in For the Record: Tarantino in Concert, conceived and directed by Shane Scheel and Christopher Lloyd Bratten. The show features songs and scenes from the films of Quentin Tarantino, including Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds, and runs from September 29 to November 12.
Film & Television Year Show Role Awards & Notes 2002 Divorce: The Musical Chelsey Weber 2003–2006 Express Yourself Herself 2003–2007 That's So Raven Chelsea Daniels Won - Young Artist Awards - "Outstanding Young Performers in a TV Series" 2005 Totally Suite New Year's Eve on Disney Channel Herself 2005 Horror High Rachael Morrs 2005 Katbot Katerina Botenski / Katbot (voices) Unsold Disney Channel pilot 2006 Kim Possible Heather (voice) 2006 The Disney Channel Games Herself 2007 Bratz: The Movie Avery 2010–2011 Shalom Sesame Herself / Host 2010 Vampires Suck Jennifer 2011 Wish Wizard Fairyista 2011 Friends with Benefits Beth 2011 Cats Dancing on Jupiter Dayna 2011 Shake It Up Ronnie Episode: "Reunion It Up"
Theatre Year Production Role Awards & Notes 1990 The Sleeping Beauty Ballet Little Red Riding Hood 1991 The Glory of Christmas Soloist 1991 The Sound of Music Brigitta 1991 The Will Rogers Follies Mary Rogers 1996 Eleanor, An American Love Story Young Eleanor Roosevelt 1997 Catch a Falling Star Sheree 1998 Murphy's Law Kelly 1999 Fiddler on the Roof Chava 1999 Grease Sandy Won - Bobbi Award - "Best Actress in a Musical" 1999 Beguiled Again Principal 1999 Evita Eva "Evita" Peron Youngest Actress in History to play role in professional production (15) 2000 Oklahoma! Laurey Nominated - B. Iden Payne Award - "Best Featured Actress in a Musical"
Nominated - Austin Critics Table Award - "Best Actress in a Musical"
2002 The Nutcracker Clara 2002 Copelia Copelia 2007 Beauty and the Beast Belle Broadway debut/Last Belle on Broadway 2008 & 2009 Vanities, A New Musical Kathy Won - StaceSceneLA.com Outstanding Achievement in 2008/9 - Outstanding Achievement by a Lead Actress (Musical) 2009 Meet Me in St. Louis Esther Smith
Year Title Label 2009 Vanities, A New Musical (Kathy) (Off-Broadway) Sh-K-Boom Records
Selected soundtracks and miscellaneous
Year Song(s) Album Label 1999 "Winter Wonderland" (w/ Desi Arnaz Jr) & various tracks The Children of Christmas Jason Williams 2003 "Circle of Life" (w/ Disney Channel Circle of Stars) Disneymania 2 Walt Disney Records 2004 "That's So Raven" (w/ Raven-Symoné, Orlando Brown) That's So Raven Walt Disney Records 2004 "Over It" Stuck in the Suburbs Walt Disney Records 2006 "A Day in the Sun" "Friends" (w/ Raven-Symoné) "Let's Stick Together" (w/ Raven-Symoné, Kyle Massey) That's So Raven Too! Walt Disney Records 2006 "Candle on the Water" "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (w/ Disney Channel Circle of Stars) Disneymania 4 Walt Disney Records
- ^ "TV.com Biography". TV.com. http://www.tv.com/anneliese-van-der-pol/person/176737/summary.html. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- ^ "BroadwayWorld On The Spot Interview". BroadwayWorld.com. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnbjxZvD0Ag. Retrieved 2007-10-31.
- ^ McCulloh, T.H. (1999-08-07). "Flashes of 'Grease' Lightnin' - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. http://articles.latimes.com/1999/aug/07/entertainment/ca-63340. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ McCulloh, T.H. (2000-08-24). "Teen Gives This 'Evita' a Sparkle - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. http://articles.latimes.com/2000/aug/24/entertainment/ca-9457. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Disney Star Cops Plea in DUI Case". TMZ.com. http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/17/disney-star-cops-plea-in-dui-case. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ ""That's So Raven" Star Van Der Pol Will Be Beauty's New Belle". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/105507-That's_So_Raven_Star_Van_Der_Pol_Will_Be_Beauty's_New_Belle. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ ""That's So Raven" Star Van Der Pol Is Beauty's New Belle Beginning April 3". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/106990-That's_So_Raven_Star_Van_Der_Pol_Is_Beauty's_New_Belle_Beginning_April_3. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Carmello, Hammond, Van Der Pol, and Miranda Kick Off "Broadway in Bryant Park" July 12". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/109492-Carmello_Hammond_Van_Der_Pol_and_Miranda_Kick_Off_Broadway_in_Bryant_Park_July_12. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ “”. "Anneliese Van der Pol - Regis and Kelly Interview". YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60hSPGBa2XE. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Three Cheers: Kennedy, Stiles and van der Pol to Star in Broadway-Aimed Vanities". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/118207-Three_Cheers_Kennedy_Stiles_and_van_der_Pol_to_Star_in_Broadway-Aimed_Vanities. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Vanities, a "Cheer"-ful New Musical, Begins Pre-Broadway Run in CA Aug. 22". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/120631-Vanities_a_Cheer-ful_New_Musical_Begins_Pre-Broadway_Run_in_CA_Aug._22. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Producers of Musical Vanities Drop February 2009 Broadway Plan, Aim for Future". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/124018-Producers_of_Musical_Vanities_Drop_February_2009_Broadway_Plan_Aim_for_Future. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Three Cheers: New Musical Vanities Begins Off-Broadway Run July 2". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/130754-Three_Cheers_New_Musical_Vanities_Begins_Off-Broadway_Run_July_2. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Sing Out, Sister: Vanities Will Get a Cast Album". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/news/article/132146-Sing_Out_Sister_Vanities_Will_Get_a_Cast_Album. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ "Vanities Original Cast Recording | Sh-K-Boom & Ghostlight Records". Sh-k-boom.com. http://sh-k-boom.com/vanities.shtml. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ Simonson, Robert (2009-07-01). "PLAYBILL.COM'S BRIEF ENCOUNTER With Anneliese van der Pol". Playbill.com. http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuzz/article/130735-PLAYBILL.COM'S_BRIEF_ENCOUNTER_With_Anneliese_van_der_Pol. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- ^ Christina Applegate, Jake Gyllenhaal, Annaliese van der Pol, Cedric the Entertainer, et. al. Set for Shalom Sesame
- ^ Gyllenhaal, Stiller to appear on 'Shalom Sesame'
- ^ Spotlight Meet Me in St. Louis Familiar Faces
- ^ Theatre Under the Stars Meet Me in St. Louis
- ^ "'THE BATTERY'S Done' as Musical Web Series Ends Celebrated Run 12/1 2009/12/01". Broadwayworld.com. 2009-12-01. http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/THE_BATTERYS_Done_as_Musical_Web_Series_Ends_Celebrated_Run_121_20091201. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ ""Vampires Suck" Parodies "Twilight" Films, Twi-Hard Fans | AHN". Allheadlinenews.com. 2010-07-09. http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7019237362. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- ^ NewYorkComicCon.com (2010-10-01). "2010 Media Guests". NewYorkComicCon.com. http://newyorkcomiccon.com/RNA/RNA_NewYorkComicCon/Documents/nycc-2010/NYCC10_Guests10-6.pdf. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- ^ "Cats Dancing on Jupiter Official Site". http://www.catsdancingonjupiter.com. Retrieved 2010-11-18.
- ^ TVGuide.com. "Shake It Up Episode: "Reunion It Up"". TVGuide.com. http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/shake-2011/episode-15-season-1/reunion/307879. Retrieved 2011-03-27.
- ^ BBW News Desk. "La Jolla Playhouse Announces Van der Pol, Ahlin, et al. for A DRAM OF DRUMMHICIT". BroadwayWorld.com. http://sandiego.broadwayworld.com/article/La_Jolla_Playhouse_Announces_Van_der_Pol_Ahlin_et_al_for_A_DRAM_OF_DRUMMHICIT_20110413. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- ^ Brian Scott Lipton. "Alan Mandell, Kathryn Meisle, Anneliese van der Pol, et al. Set for La Jolla Playhouse's A Dram of Drummhicit". Theatremania.com. http://www.theatermania.com/san-diego/news/04-2011/alan-mandell-kathryn-meisle-anneliese-van-der-pol_36205.html. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- ^ "Twitter: Anneliese van der Pol". April 24, 2011. http://twitter.com/#!/anneliesevdp/status/62309130349723648. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ Bacalzo, Dan (September 26, 2011). "Barrett Foa, Tracie Thoms, Anneliese van der Pol et al. to Perform For the Record: Tarantino in Concert". http://www.theatermania.com/los-angeles/news/09-2011/barrett-foa-tracie-thoms-anneliese-van-der-pol-et_41413.html. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ EXCLUSIVE: Anneliese Van Der Pol Explains Why Vampires Suck!
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Anneliese van der Pol — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Anneliese Louise van der Pol (nacida el 26 de septiembre de 1984) es una actriz neerlando estadounidense. Después de su carrera de teatro musical, hizo una prueba para el papel de Chelse Daniels para la serie Es tan… … Wikipedia Español
Anneliese Van Der Pol — Anneliese Louise Van Der Pol est une actrice et chanteuse américaine, née à Amsterdam le 23 septembre 1984. Sommaire 1 Biographie 2 Filmographie 2.1 Séries 2.2 … Wikipédia en Français
Anneliese van der Pol — Anneliese Louise Van Der Pol est une actrice et chanteuse américaine, née à Amsterdam le 23 septembre 1984. Sommaire 1 Biographie 2 Filmographie 2.1 Séries 2.2 … Wikipédia en Français
Anneliese van der pol — Anneliese Louise Van Der Pol est une actrice et chanteuse américaine, née à Amsterdam le 23 septembre 1984. Sommaire 1 Biographie 2 Filmographie 2.1 Séries 2.2 … Wikipédia en Français
Anneliese Van der Pol — Anneliese Louise Van Der Pol est une actrice et chanteuse américaine, née à Amsterdam le 23 septembre 1984. Sommaire 1 Biographie 2 Filmographie 2.1 Séries 2.2 … Wikipédia en Français
Anneliese van der Pol — Anneliese Louise van der Pol (* 23. September 1984 in Amsterdam) ist eine US amerikanische Schauspielerin und Sängerin niederländischer Herkunft. Inhaltsverzeichnis 1 Leben 2 Rollen 2.1 Film und Fernsehen … Deutsch Wikipedia
Over It (Anneliese van der Pol song) — Infobox Single | Name = Over It Artist = Anneliese van der Pol from Album = Stuck in the Suburbs Soundtrack Released = Format = digital download Recorded = 2004 2005 Genre = Length = 3:26 Label = Hollywood Records Writer = Anneliese van der Pol… … Wikipedia
Van der Pol — ist der Name folgender Personen: Anneliese van der Pol (* 1984), US amerikanische Schauspielerin und Sängerin niederländischer Herkunft Balthasar van der Pol (1889–1959), niederländischer Elektroingenieur und Physiker Marieke van der Pol (* 1953) … Deutsch Wikipedia
Anneliese — ( ah neh lees ) or, sometimes, ( ah neh lees zu ) is a female given name of either German, Hebrew or Nordic origin. Combination of Anne and Liese. [ [http://www.behindthename.com/php/view.php?name=anneliese Behind the Name: Meaning, Origin and… … Wikipedia
Pol — Das Wort Pol (griechisch: πολος pòlos = „Achse“, „Achsenpunkt“) steht für: in Naturwissenschaft und Technik: Pol (Geographie) – die beiden Punkte der Erdoberfläche, die auf der Drehachse der Erde liegen Himmelspol, in der Astronomie die… … Deutsch Wikipedia