- Not as Good as the Book
Not as Good as the Book Studio album by The Tangent Released March 3, 2008 Recorded January 2006 - November 2007 Genre Progressive rock Length 94:35 Label Inside Out Producer Andy Tillison The Tangent chronology Going Off on One
Not as Good as the Book
Down and Out in Paris and London
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Maelstrom  Allmusic  DPRP 
Not as Good as the Book is the fourth studio album released by progressive rock group The Tangent. The Special Edition of the album includes a 100-page novella by Andy Tillison with illustrations by Antoine Ettori.
All words and music written by Andy Tillison.
Disc one - A Crisis in Mid-Life
- "A Crisis in Mid-Life" – 7:13
- "Lost in London 25 Years Later" – 7:33
- "The Ethernet" – 10:13
- "Celebrity Purée" – 3:43
- "Not as Good as the Book" – 8:54
- "A Sale of Two Souls" – 7:16
- "Bat Out of Basildon" – 5:54
Disc two - Throwing Metal at the Sky
- "Part One - Four Egos One War" – 21:15
- I. Ours
- II. Theirs (incl. Ours Reprise)
- III. His
- IV. Mine
- "Part Two - The Full Gamut" – 22:43
- I. The D599
- II. Gothenburg
- III. Last Tango
- IV. Studio Tan
- V. Not a Drill
- VI. Southend on Sea
- VII. The A1 North of Paris
- VIII. Four Last Days
- IX. The D599 & The A61
"Four Egos One War" originally performed by Parallel or 90 Degrees.
- Andy Tillison – organ, piano, Moog synthesizer, guitars and vocals
- Guy Manning – acoustic guitar, mandolin, bouzouki and vocals
- Jonas Reingold – bass guitar
- Jaime Salazar – drums
- Theo Travis – saxophone and flute
- Jakko Jakszyk – guitars and vocals
- Julie King – lead vocals on "Ours"
- Unknown Frenchman – violin on "A Crisis In Mid-Life"
Cover artwork by Antoine Ettori
- ^ "Album Review TANGENT, THE-Not as Good as the Book :: Maelstrom :: Issue No 63". www.maelstrom.nu. http://www.maelstrom.nu/ezine/review_iss63_4778.php. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- ^ "allmusic ((( Not as Good as the Book > Overview )))". www.allmusic.com. http://www.allmusic.com/album/r1312220. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
- ^ "DPRP : CD & DVD REVIEWS". www.dprp.net. http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200809.php. Retrieved 2009-10-24.
The Tangent Andy Tillison • Guy Manning • Theo Travis • Jonathan Barrett • Paul Burgess • Jakko Jakszyk
Roine Stolt • David Jackson • Sam Baine • Zoltan Csörsz • Krister Jonsson • Jonas Reingold • Jaime Salazar • Rikard Sjöblom • David Zackrisson • Robert Hansen • Magnus Östgren
Studio albums Live albumsPyramids and Stars (2004) · Going Off on One (2007) Related artists
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Book of Mozilla — is a computer Easter egg found in the Netscape and Mozilla series of web browsers. [cite news url = http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980CE0D7163DF93AA35757C0A96E958260 n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/S/Slatalla,%20Michelle… … Wikipedia
The Book of Five Rings — Go Rin No Sho calligraphed in Kanji . Musashi strived for as great a mastery in that art as in swordsmanship. The Book of Five Rings (五輪書, Go Rin No Sho … Wikipedia
The Book of Mozilla — Das Buch Mozilla, 7:15, dargestellt in Mozilla Firefox Das Buch Mozilla ist ein bekanntes Computer Easter Egg, das man sowohl im Netscape Navigator als auch in den Webbrowsern von Mozilla finden kann. Inhaltsverzeichnis … Deutsch Wikipedia
The Book of Mormon and the King James Bible — The Book of Mormon contains many linguistic similarities to the King James Bible. In some cases, entire passages of scripture are duplicated in the Book of Mormon. Sometimes the source is acknowledged, as in the book of sourcetext|source=Book of… … Wikipedia
The Book of the Short Sun — is a trilogy by Gene Wolfe, comprising On Blue s Waters (1999), In Green s Jungles (2000), and Return to the Whorl (2001). It is the sequel to Wolfe s tetralogy The Book of the Long Sun, and has connections to The Book of the New Sun.… … Wikipedia
The Book of Healing — (Arabic: الشفاء Al Shefa , Latin: Sanatio ) is a scientific and philosophical encyclopedia written by the great Islamic polymath Abū Alī ibn Sīnā (Avicenna) from Asfahana, near Bukhara in Greater Persia (now Uzbekistan). Despite its English title … Wikipedia
Not Enough Love in the World — Single by Don Henley from the album Building the Perfect Beast … Wikipedia
The Book of Books — Book Book (b[oo^]k), n. [OE. book, bok, AS. b[=o]c; akin to Goth. b[=o]ka a letter, in pl. book, writing, Icel. b[=o]k, Sw. bok, Dan. bog, OS. b[=o]k, D. boek, OHG. puoh, G. buch; and fr. AS. b[=o]c, b[=e]ce, beech; because the ancient Saxons and … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
The Book of Heroic Failures — The Book of Heroic Failures, written by Stephen Pile in 1979, is a book written in celebration of human inadequacy in all its forms. Entries include William McGonagall, a notoriously bad poet, and Teruo Nakamura, a soldier of the Imperial… … Wikipedia
The Book of Everything — is the title of the English translation (published 2006) of the Dutch children s novel Het boek van alle dingen by Guus Kuijer, published in 2004 by Querido Uitgeversmaatschappij.The book was awarded the Gouden Griffel literary award in 2005.Plot … Wikipedia