- The Diagram Brothers
The Diagram Brothers Origin Manchester, England Genres Post punk Years active 1979–1982 Labels Construct, New Hormones, LTM Members Andy Diagram
Fraser Diagram (b. Reich)
Lawrence Diagram (b. Fitzgerald)
Jason Diagram (b. Pitchers)
Simon Diagram (b. Pitchers)
The Diagram Brothers were a post-punk band from Manchester, England active between 1979 and 1982. The band comprised Andy Diagram (bass guitar), Fraser Diagram (vocals, guitar), Lawrence Diagram (guitar), Jason Diagram (bass), and Simon Diagram (drums) (not actually brothers). Andy Diagram was also a member of Dislocation Dance from 1978 to 1982, and in 1985, and was a member of The Pale Fountains and James.
Andy Diagram explained the band's approach: "We called the music 'Discordo'. The music was made to a strict formula or set of rules. All the guitar chords were based on discordant notes, all the beats were very simple rock or disco, and all the words were very very straightforward and down to earth." Music journalist, Stuart Maconie, described them as "funny, slightly scary and like no one else in the world".
The band's first release was a 7" EP on the Construct label in 1980. They were then signed by The Buzzcocks' New Hormones label, who issued a single, "Bricks", an album, Some Marvels of Modern Science, and a 10" EP, Discordo, before the band split up. They have been compared to The Residents and XTC.
- "We Are All Animals" 7" EP (1980) Construct (#30)
- "Bricks" 7" single (1981) New Hormones (#46)
- Some Marvels of Modern Science LP (1981) New Hormones
- Discordo 10" EP (1982) New Hormones
- German E.P. 7" EP (1982) Outatune
- Some Marvels of Modern Science + Singles CD (2007) LTM (LTMCD 2480)
- The Peel Sessions CD (2011) LTM (LTMCD 2558)
- ^ a b c Strong, Martin C. (1999). The Great Alternative & Indie Discography. Canongate. ISBN 0-86241-913-1.
- ^ Dave Brown (December 2000). "Andy Diagram Interview". OneOfTheThree. http://www.oneofthethree.co.uk/andyinterview.htm. Retrieved 5 March 2008.
- ^ Maconie, Stuart (2004). Cider With Roadies (1st ed.). London: Random House. p. 143. ISBN 0-091-89115-9.
- ^ Ira Robbins. "TrouserPress.com::Diagram Brothers". Trouser Press LLC. http://www.trouserpress.com/entry.php?a=diagram_brothers. Retrieved 5 March 2008.
- ^ "Keeping It Peel: The Diagram Brothers". BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/johnpeel/artists/d/diagrambrothers/. Retrieved 5 March 2008.
- ^ Lazell, Barry (1997). Indie Hits 1980-1999. Cherry Red Books. ISBN 0-9517206-9-4.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Diagram Brothers — Годы 1979 1982 Страна … Википедия
The Second Coming (poem) — The Second Coming is a poem by William Butler Yeats first printed in The Dial (November 1920) and afterwards included in his 1921 verse collection Michael Robartes and the Dancer . The poem uses religious symbolism to illustrate Yeats anguish… … Wikipedia
The Spiderwick Chronicles — This article is about the novel series. For the feature film adaptation, see The Spiderwick Chronicles (film). The Spiderwick Chronicles Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles Cover of The Spiderwick Chronicles Boxed Set, 2004 T … Wikipedia
The Eastern Iowa Airport — Infobox Airport name = The Eastern Iowa Airport nativename = nativename a = nativename r = image width = caption = IATA = CID ICAO = KCID type = Public owner = operator = Cedar Rapids Airport Commission city served = location = Cedar Rapids, Iowa … Wikipedia
Andy Diagram — Andy Diagram, de son vrai nom Andrew John Perkins, né le 3 juillet 1959 à Londres, est un musicien britannique, chanteur, trompettiste et percussioniste. Il a développé une utilisation originale de la trompette, en la retravaillant de… … Wikipédia en Français
Andy Diagram — is a British Musician primarily known for playing the Trumpet in a variety of experimental bands including the very popular Manchester indie band James.Andy Diagram has been a unique voice on the trumpet for more than 18 years. He developed his… … Wikipedia
Shaw Brothers Studio — The Shaw Brothers Studio (Chinese: 邵氏片場), owned by Shaw Brothers (HK) Ltd. sehk|0080, is the foremost and the largest movie production company of Hong Kong movies.Fact|date=February 2007From their distribution base in Singapore where they founded … Wikipedia
Wright brothers — Orville Wright Photo: 1903 Born August 19 … Wikipedia
Challenge of the Yukon — was a radio series that began on Detroit s station WXYZ (as had The Lone Ranger and The Green Hornet), and an example of a Northern genre story. The series was first heard on February 3, 1938. The title changed from Challenge of the Yukon to… … Wikipedia
Education of the Blind — • Includes statistics and history Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. Education of the Blind Education of the Blind … Catholic encyclopedia