- Institute of Risk Management
Institute of Risk Management (IRM) is a
risk managementprofessional education and training body. It was established in 1986, as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, and is governed by a Board of Directors elected from Fellows of the Institute. It has around 2000 members in more than 50 countries.
The Institute provides high quality education, training and professional development in risk management at a range of levels. IRM Membership (MIRM) is recognised worldwide as the sign of a risk management professional and is achieved through examination and relevant experience. Fellowship (FIRM) follows through accredited practical experience.
* Fellow (FIRM) – Open to members who can demonstrate accredited practical experience, a record of personal professional development and proven contribution and support to the Institution
* Member (MIRM) – Requires completion of Institute’s Diploma programme or equivalent qualification and a minimum of three years work experience
* Graduate (GradIRM) - Requires completion of Institute’s Diploma programme or equivalent qualification recognised by the IRM
* Certificant (CIRM) – Completion of the Institute’s Certificate programme
* Student – Open to all candidates registered for the Institute’s examinations
* Affiliate – Open to anyone with an interest in risk management.
* The International Diploma in Risk Management – A challenging post graduate professional qualification, usually taken over a few years and completed via distance learning. It is recognised worldwide as the sign of a risk management professional.
* The Certificate in Risk Management – This practitioner-level qualification provides a sound foundation in risk management theory and practice. It can be taken as a stand-alone course or as an introduction to the IRM Diploma.
* Management of Risk and Uncertainty – This two day training programme provides a broad introduction to the subject of risk management. It aims to improve knowledge and practical skills in the identification, assessment and control of business risk.
Risk Management Standard
The IRM is responsible for the [http://www.theirm.org/publications/PUstandard.html Risk Management Standard] in conjunction with The Association of Insurance and Risk Managers (AIRMIC) and ALARM, the National Forum for Risk Management in the Public Sector.
Institute of Risk Management, 6 Lloyd’s Avenue, London, EC3N 3AX, UK
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Risk management — For non business risks, see risk, and the disambiguation page risk analysis Example of risk management: A NASA model showing areas at high risk from impact for the International Space Station. Risk management is the identification, assessment,… … Wikipedia
Risk Management Programme — Risk Management is a research programme set up by the Geneva Association, also known as the International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics. The focus of this programme is manifold and address the following issues: fostering the… … Wikipedia
Risk Management and Governance Board — A board of the *Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) that provides guidance on *corporate governance, *internal control, and *risk management. The CICA Web site states the board’s mission to be as follows: To develop and promote… … Auditor's dictionary
PMI Risk Management Professional — The Project Management Institute s Risk Management Professional (PMI RMP)SM credential was launched in 2008 to recognize the specific skills of those individuals who identify project risks and prepare plans to diffuse those risks. [Project… … Wikipedia
Climate risk management — (CRM) is a term is used for a large and growing body of work, bridging the climate change adaptation, disaster management and development sectors, amongst many others. Contents 1 Definition 2 Major international conferences and workshops 2.1… … Wikipedia
Operational risk management — See also: Risk management The term Operational Risk Management (ORM) is defined as a continual cyclic process which includes risk assessment, risk decision making, and implementation of risk controls, which results in acceptance, mitigation, or… … Wikipedia
Master of Science in Risk Management Program for Executives — The Master of Science in Risk Management Program for Executives is a joint venture with NYU s Stern School of Business and the Amsterdam Institute of Finance. This program, which was given provisional accreditation by PRMIA, spans 12 months … Wikipedia
Associate in Risk Management - ARM — A nationally recognized educational program for dedicated risk management professionals, developed by the Insurance Institute of America. Science of risk management includes how to avoid, reduce and manage risk. Such a person as holds this… … Investment dictionary
Indian Institute of Forest Management — Infobox University name = Indian Institute of Forest Management Bhopal native name = image size = 100px established = 1982 type = Education and Research Institution endowment = staff = faculty = president = provost = director = Prof. D. K.… … Wikipedia
International Institute of Risk and Safety Management — is a UK based body for safety practitioners. It was established in 1975 and has the status of a company limited by guarantee and is registered with the Charity Commission. It has over 7800 members in over 60 countries [ [http://www.iirsm.org/… … Wikipedia