name = PeakFit
developer = Systat Software, Inc.
latest_release_version = 4.1.2
latest_release_date = 2007
operating_system = Windows
nonlinear peak separation and analysis software
license = proprietary
website = [http://www.systat.com/products/PeakFit/]
PeakFit is an automated nonlinear peak separation and analysis software package for scientists performing
spectroscopy, chromatographyand electrophoresis.
It automatically finds and fits up to 100 peaks to a data set, at a time, enabling users to characterize peaks and find the best equation that fits their data. PeakFit can also enhance the data obtained from traditional numerical methods and lab instruments.
PeakFit was originally developed by Ron Brown of AISN Software and distributed by [http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1996_Oct_8/ai_18742814 Jandel Scientific Software] in the late 1980’s but by January 2004, Systat Software acquired the exclusive worldwide rights from
SPSS Inc.to distribute SigmaPlot and other Sigma Series products.
* Infrared spectroscopy study of nitrogen centers in microdiamonds from Ukrainian Neogene placers Michail N. TARAN, Victor M. KVASNYTSYA, Klaus LANGER, and Katerina O. ILCHENKO European Journal of Mineralogy, Feb 2006; 18: 71 - 81.
* On the Possibility of using Commercial Software Packages for Thermoluminescence Glow Curve Deconvolution Analysis V. Pagonis and G. Kitis Radiat Prot Dosimetry, Aug 2002; 101: 93 - 98.
* Cryptococcus neoformans Chemotyping by Quantitative Analysis of 1H Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectra of Glucuronoxylomannans with a Computer-Simulated Artificial Neural Network Robert Cherniak, Homayoun Valafar, Laura C. Morris, and Faramarz Valafar Clin. Diagn. Lab. Immunol., Mar 1998; 5: 146 - 159.
* Powder X-Ray Diffraction Analysis of Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Sedimentary Dolostones Brian Jones, Robert W. Luth, and Alexander J. MacNeil Journal of Sedimentary Research, Sep 2001; 71: 790 - 799.
* Effects of ramp shortening during linear phase of relaxation on [Ca2+] i in intact skeletal muscle fibers Yandong Jiang and Fred J. Julian Am J Physiol Cell Physiol, Jan 1999; 276: C152 - C160.
* An efficient chromatographic system for lipoprotein fractionation using whole plasma Wendy Innis-Whitehouse, Xianzhou Li, W. Virgil Brown, and Ngoc-Anh Le J. Lipid Res., Mar 1998; 39: 679.
* Members of a Novel Class of Arabidopsis Rho Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factors Control Rho GTPase-Dependent Polar Growth Ying Gu, Shundai Li, Elizabeth M. Lord, and Zhenbiao Yang PLANT CELL, Feb 2006; 18: 366 - 381.
* Synchrotron micro-X-ray fluorescence analysis of natural diamonds: First steps in identification of mineral inclusions in situ Husin Sitepu, Maya G. Kopylova, David H. Quirt, Jeffrey N. Cutler, and Thomas G. Kotzer American Mineralogist, Nov 2005; 90: 1740 - 1747.
* Thermal and Structural Behavior of Anhydrous Milk Fat. 2. Crystalline Forms Obtained by Slow Cooling C. Lopez, F. Lavigne, P. Lesieur, G. Keller, and M. Ollivon J Dairy Sci, Nov 2001; 84: 2402 - 2412.
* Direct visualization of formylpeptide receptor binding on rounded and polarized human neutrophils: cellular and receptor heterogeneity RJ Walter and WA Marasco J. Leukoc. Biol., May 1987; 41: 377.
* The effect of As-Sb substitution in the Raman spectra of tetrahedrite-tennantite and pyrargyrite-proustite solid solutions Sherif Kharbish, Eugen Libowitzky, and Anton Beran European Journal of Mineralogy, Jul 2007; 19: 567 - 574.
* A new approach to determine and quantify structural units in silicate glasses using micro-reflectance Fourier-Transform infrared spectroscopy Kim N. Dalby and Penelope L. King American Mineralogist, Nov 2006; 91: 1783 - 1793.
* Hydroxyl ordering in igneous apatite R. Chris Tacker American Mineralogist, Oct 2004; 89: 1411 - 1421.
* Stability of magnesiowüstite in Earth's lower mantle Jung-Fu Lin, Dion L. Heinz, Ho-kwang Mao, Russell J. Hemley, James M. Devine, Jie Li, and Guoyin Shen PNAS, Apr 2003; 100: 4405 - 4408.
* A sensitive and convenient method for lipoprotein profile analysis of individual mouse plasma samples David W. Garber, Krishnaji R. Kulkarni, and G. M. Anantharamaiah J. Lipid Res., Jun 2000; 41: 1020.
* A Spectroscopic and Thermodynamic Study of Porphyrin/DNA Supramolecular Assemblies Robert F. Pasternack, Jonas I. Goldsmith, Szilvia Szép, and Esther J. Gibbs Biophys. J., Aug 1998; 75: 1024 - 1031.
* APETx1 from Sea Anemone Anthopleura elegantissima Is a Gating Modifier Peptide Toxin of the Human Ether-a-go-go- Related Potassium Channel M. Zhang, X.-S. Liu, S. Diochot, M. Lazdunski, and G.-N. Tseng Mol. Pharmacol., Aug 2007; 72: 259 - 268.
* The Effects of Force Inhibition by Sodium Vanadate on Cross-Bridge Binding, Force Redevelopment, and Ca2+ Activation in Cardiac Muscle D. A. Martyn, L. Smith, K. L. Kreutziger, S. Xu, L. C. Yu, and M. Regnier Biophys. J., Jun 2007; 92: 4379 - 4390.
* [http://www.systat.com/ Systat Webpage]
* [http://www.systat.com/products/PeakFit/resources/?sec=1011 PeakFit Support Webpage]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.