- Nothin' but a Good Time
"Nothin' but a Good Time" Single by Poison from the album Open Up and Say...Ahh! B-side Livin' For the Minute, Look But You Cant Touch Released 1988 Recorded 1988 Genre Glam metal, hard rock Length 3:46 Label Enigma Writer(s) Dall; Deville; Michaels; Rockett; Bombilla (Jordi Carretero) Producer Tom Werman Certification Gold Poison singles chronology "Rock and Roll All Nite"
"Nothin' but a Good Time"
"Nothin' But a Good Time" is the first single from the second Poison album Open Up and Say...Ahh!. The B-sides are "Livin' For the Minute" and "Look But You Can't Touch".
The song was released as a single in 1988 on Enigma Records and reached #6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #19 on the Mainstream rock charts. It also charted at number 10 on the Australian charts and number 35 on the UK Singles chart
The music video features as a restaurant employee washing dishes while listening to the Kiss hit single Rock and Roll All Nite, performed by Poison. The manager enters, turns off the radio, and delivers to the employee a scathing reprimand, reminding the employee that he's being paid "to wash dishes, not to listen to that... that rock 'n' roll," and accusing him of "moving in two speeds: slow, and stop." The manager exits, whereupon the employee abandons the dishes and kicks open a nearby door to reveal a concert hall stage, upon which the band then performs the song. When the song is over, the manager returns, discovering, to his surprise, that all the dishes are washed.
"Nothin' But a Good Time" is on the following albums:
- Open Up and Say...Ahh!
- Swallow This Live (live version)
- Poison's Greatest Hits: 1986-1996
- Power to the People (live version)
- The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock
- Open Up and Say...Ahh! - 20th Anniversary Edition
"Nothin' But a Good Time" was performed by Poison, with cast of Rock of Ages, at 63rd Tony Awards on June 7, 2009. Right after the performance the band was making their way backstage and a piece of the stage scenery collapsed on Bret Michaels.
Chart (1988) Peak
Australian ARIA Charts 10 UK Singles Chart 35 U.S. Billboard Hot 100 6 U.S. Billboard Album Rock Tracks 19
Reel Big Fish covered the song on their 2009 album Fame, Fortune and Fornication.
Appearances in other media
- A cover of the song is featured in the game Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s (erroneously credited as "Ain't Nothin' But a Good Time"), while the master track is featured in Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (this time correctly credited).
- The song is featured in the movies The Rocker, Grind, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Friday Night Lights, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
- The NHL's Washington Capitals play this song after every home victory.
- In The Simpsons season 11 episode "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge", Otto hires a Poison tribute band called Cyanide to play this song at his wedding. However, the band can only play the intro before Otto's fiancé, Becky, stops them.
- Nothin' but a Good Time was used as a name for an achievement in the Mercenaries 2 game, which was referring to the song.
- The song is played in two Warner Bros. creations: one is the movie Yogi Bear when Yogi and Boo-Boo water ski, and the other is the Regular Show episode "My Mom", when the song is played during a montage sequence where Mordecai, Rigby, High-Five Ghost and Muscle Man blow off work.
- The song, plus two other Poison song's are downloadable for Rock Band 3.
- Professional wrestling tag team, Dunn & Marcos, The Ring Crew Express, used the song as their entrance theme while in Ring of Honor.
- ^ "Allmusic (Poison charts and awards) Billboard singles". http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p5162/charts-awards/billboard-singles.
- ^ "Poison chart stats". http://www.chartstats.com/artistinfo.php?id=4852.
Poison Studio albums Live albums CompilationsPoison's Greatest Hits: 1986–1996 • Poison – Rock Champions • Best of Ballads & Blues • The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock • Poison – Box Set (Collector's Edition) • Double Dose: Ultimate Hits Videos Singles"Cry Tough" • "Talk Dirty to Me" • "I Want Action" • "I Won't Forget You" • "Rock and Roll All Nite" • "Nothin' but a Good Time" • "Fallen Angel" • "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" • "Your Mama Don't Dance" • "Unskinny Bop" • "Ride the Wind" • "Something to Believe In" • "Life Goes On" • "(Flesh & Blood) Sacrifice" • "So Tell Me Why" • "Stand" • "Until You Suffer Some (Fire and Ice)" • "Body Talk" • "Shut Up, Make Love" • "Be the One" • "Power to the People" • "The Last Song" • "Rockstar" • "Squeeze Box" • "Shooting Star" • "We're an American Band" • "What I Like About You" • "SexyBack" Solo albums Related articles
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nothin' but a good time — es el primer single del segundo album de Poison Open Up and Say...Ahh!. El lado B es Livin For The Minute y Look But You Can t Touch . Es considerada todo un himno rockero siendo del genero Hard rock y Glam metal. La cancion fue lanzada como… … Wikipedia Español
Nothing but a Good Time! Unauthorized — Video by Poison Released 2003, 2006 Genre Rock Nothing but a Good Time! Unauthorized is a … Wikipedia
Nothin' but the Taillights (song) — Nothin but The Taillights Single by Clint Black from the album Nothin but the Taillights … Wikipedia
But Can They Sing? — was a reality television series that premiered on October 30, 2005 on VH1 as part of its celebreality programming. Hosted by Ahmet Zappa, the series was partially based on NBC s announced but abandoned project I m a Celebrity but I Wanna Be a Pop … Wikipedia
Nothin' Fancy — Entertaining Group Of The Year 35th Annual National SPBGMA Awards February 5, 2009 Background information Origin … Wikipedia
Nothin' on You — Single by B.o.B featuring Bruno Mars from the album B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray Released … Wikipedia
Nothin' to Die For — Single by Tim McGraw from the album Let It Go Released … Wikipedia
Good Vibrations: Thirty Years of The Beach Boys — H.E.L.P. Is on the Way redirects here. For the single by Rise Against, see Help Is on the Way. Good Vibrations: Thirty Years of The Beach Boys Box set by The Beach Boys … Wikipedia
Nothing but Love World Tour — Promotional poster for Houston s 2010 tour Tour by Whitney Houston Associated album I Look to You … Wikipedia
No Time to Kill (song) — No Time to Kill Single by Clint Black from the album No Time to Kill … Wikipedia