- Eric Carlberg
:"Not to be confused with his teammate Gustaf
Gustaf Eric Carlberg (
April 5, 1880– August 14, 1963) was a Swedish sport shooter, fencer, and modern pentathlete who competed in the 1906 Summer Olympics, in the 1908 Summer Olympics, in the 1912 Summer Olympics, and in the 1924 Summer Olympics.
1906 Summer Olympicshe participated in the following shooting events:
* 25 m rapid fire pistol - eleventh place
* 30 m duelling pistol - 13th place
* 20 m duelling pistol - 14th place
* 50 m pistol - 18th place
* 25 m army pistol (1873 model) - 18th place
* 25 m army pistol (standard model) - 27th place
* 300 m army rifle - 28th place
* Free rifle, free position - 29th place
Two years later he was a member of the Swedish team which won the silver medal in the team small-bore rifle competition.
1908 Summer Olympicshe also participated in the following shooting events:
1912 Summer Olympicshe won two gold and two silver medals in shooting.
He also participated in the following shooting events:
As member of the Sweidsh épée team he finished fourth in the team épée competition.
He also participated in the modern pentathlon event but retired after the first contest. This was the shooting competition were he finished eighth.
His last Olympic appearance was in 1924 when he finished ninth in the 25 metre rapid fire pistol event.
* [http://www.databaseolympics.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=CARLBERI01 profile]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.