- Real-Time Control System
The Real-time Control System (RCS) is a software system developed by
NISTthat implements a generic Hierarchical control system.
RCS has been used in automated manufacturing, robotics, and automated vehicle research at NIST. The software consists of a C++ library and GUI and configuration tools written a variety of software languages.
Robocrane- RCS controlled a crane having six degrees of freedom. It incorporated tactile, proximity and vision sensors.
* Next Generation Inspection System - RCS controlled a
Coordinate Measuring Machine, with sensors including analog touch probes, video camera, and laser rangefinder.
*Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles - RCS controlled a group of
autonomous vehicles, at a high level coordinating their movements, and a low level controlling their steering, throttle and brakes. Sensors included an Inertial navigation systemand differential GPS.
* Enhanced Machine Controller, or EMC - an NIST research project in
CNCsoftware that uses RCS.
Hierarchical control system
* [http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/rcs/overview.html RCS Overview]
* [http://www.ece.osu.edu/nist_rcs_lib/ NIST Real-Time Control Systems (RCS) Library: Tools for Control System Development]
* [http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/projects/rcslib/ RCS software library]
* Albus, J. S. [http://www.isd.mel.nist.gov/documents/albus/4DRCS.pdf 4-D/RCS reference model architecture for unmanned ground vehicles.] In G Gerhart, R Gunderson, and C Shoemaker, editors, Proceedings of the SPIE AeroSense Session on Unmanned Ground Vehicle Technology, volume 3693, pages 11--20, Orlando,
* Albus, J. S. [http://www.ece.osu.edu/nist_rcs_lib/rcssurvey.pdf The NIST Real-Time Control System, An Applications Survey]
* Gazi, V., Moore, M. L., Passino, K. M., Shackleford, W. P., Proctor, F. M., Albus, J. S., The RCS Handbook, Tools for Real-Time Control Systems Software Development, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 2001.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Real-time operating system — A real time operating system (RTOS; generally pronounced as are toss ) is a multitasking operating system intended for real time applications. Such applications include embedded systems (programmable thermostats, household appliance controllers,… … Wikipedia
Control system (disambiguation) — A control system is a device or set of devices to manage, command, direct or regulate the behavior of other devices or systems. A control mechanism is a process used by a control system. Control system may refer to: Contents 1 General control… … Wikipedia
Real-time (disambiguation) — Real time, real time, or realtime may refer to:* Real time systems, which respond to events or signals as fast as possible, or as they happen. These include: ** Real time computing, the study of computer systems which are subject to a real time… … Wikipedia
Real Time 4WD — (deutsch: Echtzeit Allradantrieb) wurde von Honda entwickelt und bezeichnet eine Technik für den Allradbetrieb eines Autos. Dieses Allradsystem zählt zu den sich automatisch zuschaltenden Systemen. Bei guter Traktion werden nur die Vorderräder… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Real time database — A real time database is a processing system designed to handle workloads whose state is constantly changing (Buchmann). This differs from traditional databases containing persistent data, mostly unaffected by time. For example, a stock market… … Wikipedia
Real-time tactics — Part of a series on … Wikipedia
Real-time computing — In computer science, real time computing (RTC) is the study of hardware and software systems that are subject to a real time constraint i.e., operational deadlines from event to system response. By contrast, a non real time system is one for… … Wikipedia
Real-time Transport Protocol — The Real time Transport Protocol (or RTP) defines a standardized packet format for delivering audio and video over the Internet. It was developed by the Audio Video Transport Working Group of the IETF and first published in 1996 as RFC 1889 which … Wikipedia
Real-time computer graphics — is the subfield of computer graphics focused on producing and analyzing images in real time. The term is most often used in reference to interactive 3D computer graphics, typically using a GPU, with video games the most noticeable users. The term … Wikipedia
Real-time strategy — A real time strategy (RTS) video game is a strategic game that is distinctly not turn based. [cite web |url=http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/real time/ |title=A History of Real Time Strategy Games |accessdate=2008 03 31 |author=Bruce … Wikipedia