- Electronegativities of the elements (data page)
Chemical elements data references" Electronegativity(Pauling scale)
* Separate values for each source are only given where one or more sources differ.
* Electronegativity is not a uniquely defined property and may depend on the definition. The suggested values are all taken from WebElements as a consistent set.
As quoted at http://www.webelements.com/ from these sources:
* A.L. Allred, "J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem.", 1961, 17, 215.
* L. Pauling, "The Nature of the Chemical Bond", Cornell Univ., USA, 3rd ed., 1960.
* J.E. Huheey, E.A. Keiter, and R.L. Keiter in "Inorganic Chemistry : Principles of Structure and Reactivity", 4th edition, HarperCollins, New York, USA, 1993.
As quoted from these sources in an online version of: David R. Lide (ed), "CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 84th Edition". CRC Press. Boca Raton, Florida, 2003; Section 9, Molecular Structure and Spectroscopy; Electronegativity
* Pauling, L., "The Nature of the Chemical Bond, Third Edition", Cornell University Press, Ithaca, New York, 1960.
* Allen, L.C., "J. Am. Chem. Soc.", 111, 9003, 1989.
* Allred, A.L., "J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem.", 17, 215, 1961.
As quoted from these sources in: J.A. Dean (ed), "Lange's Handbook of Chemistry" (15th Edition), McGraw-Hill, 1999; Section 4; Table 4.5, Electronegativities of the Elements.
* L. Pauling, "The Chemical Bond", Cornell University Press, Ithaca, New York, 1967.
* L. C. Allen, "J. Am. Chem. Soc." 111:9003 (1989).
* A. L. Allred, "J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem." 17:215 (1961).
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chemical elements data references — Recommended values for many properties of the elements, together with various references, are collected on these data pages. Any changes to the infobox data should be checked against these pages, and/or the available references should be expanded … Wikipedia
Wikipedia:WikiProject Elements/Chemical elements data references — Recommended values for many properties of the elements, together with various references, are collected on these data pages. Any changes to the infobox data should be checked against these pages, and/or the available references should be expanded … Wikipedia
Abundance of the chemical elements — Estimated proportions of matter, dark matter and dark energy in the universe. Only the fraction of the mass and energy in the universe labeled atoms is composed of chemical elements. The abundance of a chemical element measures how relatively… … Wikipedia
History of the periodic table — The history of the periodic table reflects over a century of growth in the understanding of chemical properties, and culminates with the publication of the first actual periodic table by Dmitri Mendeleev in 1869. While Mendeleev built upon… … Wikipedia
Electronegativity — This electrostatic potential map shows how the oxygen atom has a more negative charge than the hydrogen atoms. Electronegativity, symbol χ (the Greek letter chi), is a chemical property that describes the tendency of an atom or a functional group … Wikipedia
Periodic table — This article is about the periodic table of the elements . For other uses, see The Periodic Table. The periodic table of the chemical elements (also known as the periodic table or periodic table of the elements) is a tabular display of the 118… … Wikipedia
Noble gas — Group 18 Period 1 2 He 2 … Wikipedia