- Colin Delaney
Delaney in February 2010.
Ring name(s) Colin Delaney
Colin Delaney Olsen
Billed height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) Billed weight 150 lb (68 kg) Born September 7, 1986 
Rochester, New York
Resides Rochester, New York Billed from Rochester, New York Trained by NWA Upstate Debut 2005
Colin Matthew Delaney (born September 7, 1986) is a American professional wrestler, best known for wrestling for World Wrestling Entertainment. He has also wrestled for promotions such as 2CW Squared Circle Wrestling, Chikara, NWA Upstate, Pier 6 Wrestling, Buffalo Championship Wrestling, NWA Empire, LakeShore Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Ohio, UWA Hardcore Wrestling, Roc City Wrestling, and Combat Zone Wrestling under the names Colin Olsen and the "Extremely Cute Wrestler" Colin Delaney. Colin's brother, Ed, currently wrestles in the New York area under the name "Freddie Midnight."
Professional wrestling career
Delaney first started as a commentator for Rochester, New York promotion Roc City Wrestling. He soon moved to their competitor, Rochester Pro Wrestling, where he trained as a wrestler. Since then he has worked for NWA Empire, NWA Upstate, Chikara, UWA Hardcore Wrestling in Canada, Squared Circle Wrestling, Buffalo Championship Wrestling, Roc City Wrestling, and CZW promotions under the ring name Colin Olsen as part of the tag team, The Olsen Twins with partner and kayfabe brother Jimmy Olsen. Nicknamed "The Feel-Good Tag Team of the Decade", Colin and Jimmy Olsen were a pair of goofy heels with teenybopper-like interests, such as listening to music artists like Savage Garden and Britney Spears.
Wrestling as Colin Olsen, Delaney has won wrestling championships. For his first championship, he teamed with his kayfabe brother Jimmy to win the NWA Upstate Tag Team Championship on November 13, 2004 by defeating the Ring Crew Express (Kevin Dunn and Mean Marcos). They held the belts for over six months before dropping them to The Outcast Killaz on May 14, 2005. They also captured the RCW Tag Team Championship on January 20, 2006 defeating the Prophets of Pain (Father Synne and Hard Knox) and retained until June 9, 2006 when they were stripped of the titles after a working arrangement between NWA Upstate and Roc City Wrestling was dissolved.
On June 7, 2007 Colin and Jimmy Olsen wrestled for Action Packed Wrestling in Rutland, Vermont in a 3-Way Scramble Match against Dunn and Marcos and Rhythm and Booze.
Colin's last defense of the NWA Empire's Lord of the Dance Championship was at on December 8, 2007 where he wrestled his kayfabe brother Jimmy Olsen and "Mastiff" Will Christianson. At an NWA Empire show on February 9, 2008, Delaney vacated the title due to his ECW brand commitments.
World Wrestling Entertainment (2007–2008)
Delaney made his World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) debut as a jobber, seen wrestling on the ECW show. He was first beaten by Shelton Benjamin on the December 18, 2007 episode of ECW, before getting squashed by Big Daddy V two weeks later. On the January 8, 2008 episode of ECW, Delaney was beaten again, this time by Mark Henry from the SmackDown! brand. Delaney would also be squashed by Kane and The Great Khali. On the January 29, 2008 episode of ECW, WWE Tag Team Champions Miz and John Morrison defeated Delaney in a Handicap match. After the match, The Miz and Morrison continued to attack Delaney, but he was saved after Tommy Dreamer came to the ring.
Delaney picked up his first win in WWE on the February 26, 2008 episode of ECW, defeating The Miz and John Morrison in a tag team match with Tommy Dreamer. On March 11, he and Dreamer challenged The Miz and Morrison for the WWE Tag Team Championships in an Extreme Rules match, but came up short after having lost a subsequent title match the week before. In subsequent weeks, ECW General Manager Armando Estrada informed Colin that he would have to acquire his first singles victory to win an "official" ECW contract. Delaney unsuccessfully faced a number of superstars, including his own mentor Dreamer, whom Estrada threatened to fire if he lost the match. Finally, on the May 6, 2008 episode of ECW, Delaney defeated Estrada himself via a sunset flip to win his storyline contract, which he had legitimately signed in February. He lost his "first match as an ECW superstar" against Mike Knox and then was beaten by Estrada when he signed himself to the ECW roster. Estrada was defeated by Delaney after already being defeated by Matt Hardy moments earlier, thus removing Estrada from the roster, per the orders of new ECW General Manager Theodore Long. On July 20, 2008, at The Great American Bash, Delaney turned heel by costing Tommy Dreamer his ECW Championship match against Mark Henry. On July 29, however, on ECW, he lost to Matt Hardy, which caused Henry to turn on him. The next week on ECW, Delaney remained a heel and helped Estrada beat Dreamer to earn his ECW contract. This led to an Extreme Rules match against Dreamer, where he was easily defeated. On August 15, 2008, Delaney was released from his WWE contract due to budget cuts .
Return to independent circuit
On that same day, Delaney worked his first match back on the independent. Working for UWA Hardcore Wrestling, Delaney joined former partner Jimmy Olsen in a winning effort by defeating Up In Smoke. On September 6, Delaney returned to Chikara, where he received a thunderous ovation. However, the next night he turned heel, attacking Jimmy Olsen and then joining with Vin Gerard and STIGMA to form The UnStable. He also cast aside his Olsen surname and began using his Delaney surname. In the company he was trained by, NWA Upstate, He came back as a face for a few shows until he turned heel by helping heel champion Danny Doring retain his NWA Upstate title. He finally cost Danny Doring his title on September 5 to Pepper Parks and the two are now feuding. Currently he is mentoring a stable known as The Young & The Wrestlers which is made up of newer heel wrestlers. On December 5, Colin managed The Young & The Wrestlers in a 3 on 1 match against Danny Doring in Rochester NY.
Delaney won the NWA Empire Heavyweight Championship from Jonny Puma on December 6, 2008, in North Tonawanda, New York. In April Jimmy Olsen made a surprise return to NWA Empire and re-formed his tag team with Delaney by helping him defend his title against Pepper Parks. In early 2009 Delaney began feuding with D'Lo Brown in Chikara, pinning him cleanly in the first round match at the 2009 King of Trios, where The UnStable faced Brown, Al Snow and Glacier. The UnStable defeated Da Soul Touchaz to advance to the semifinals of the tournament, where they were defeated by Team Uppercut (Claudio Castagnoli, Bryan Danielson and Dave Taylor). D'Lo Brown and Glacier returned to Chikara on May 24 and avenged their trios loss by defeating Delaney and Gerard in a tag team match. In August 2009 Delaney advanced to the finals of Chikara's Young Lions Cup VII tournament, but was in the end defeated by Player Dos. On September 19, 2010, at Chikara's Through Savage Progress Cuts the Jungle Line Delaney turned on Gerard and STIGMA to re–form his tag team with Jimmy Olsen, adopting the ring name Colin Delaney Olsen in the process. On October 24, in the first match between the Olsen Twins and the UnStable, Vin Gerard picked up the victory for his team by forcing Delaney Olsen to submit. The two teams had a rematch on November 21, this time with the Olsen Twins coming out victorious. At the season nine finale on December 12, Delaney Olsen defeated Gerard in a singles match.
Throughout 2010 and 2011 Also participated in Southern Ontario's Alpha-1 wrestling, primarily feuding with Ethan Page.
- As Colin Delaney
- As Colin Olsen
- Entrance themes
Championships and accomplishments
- NWA Empire
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Roc City Wrestling
- RCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Jimmy Olsen
- Squared Circle Wrestling
- 2CW Tag Team Championship (1 time, current) – with Jimmy Olsen
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q "Profile". Online World of Wrestling. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/c/colin-delaney.html. Retrieved 2008-02-27.
- ^ Martin, Adam (2008-02-25). "2CW Feb. 23 report, CHIKARA news including Colin Delaney and NYSWF". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2008/1203965388.shtml. Retrieved 2010-10-11.
- ^ "MySpace.com". http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11488729.
- ^ DiLiegro, Phil (2007-12-18). "ECW TV report for December 18". F4Wonline.com. http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/4651/105/. Retrieved 2008-01-13. "Tazz was in the ring emceeing a contest between Shelton Benjamin and local job guy, Colin Delaney. Delaney is, I believe, actually Chikara worker Colin Olsen and he more promo time than most guys on the roster just to say it’s his first match."
- ^ a b c "NWA Results: NWA Upstate (New York)". Online World of Wrestling. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/nwa-upstate/. Retrieved 2008-02-27.
- ^ ""Lethal Encounter" 11/13/04". NWA Upstate. http://www.nwaupny.com/results.php?subaction=showfull&id=1164658917&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&. Retrieved 2008-02-27.
- ^ ""Spring Fling" 5/14/05". NWA Upstate. http://www.nwaupny.com/results.php?subaction=showfull&id=1164659067&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&. Retrieved 2008-02-27.
- ^ a b "NWA Results: NWA Empire (New York)". Online World of Wrestling. http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/nwa-empire/. Retrieved 2008-02-27.
- ^ "First Anniversary Show". NWA Empire. http://www.nwaempire.com/FirstAnniversaryResults.html. Retrieved 2008-02-27. [dead link]
- ^ "NWA Empire Lord of the Dance Championship title history". Wrestling Titles.com. http://www.wrestling-titles.com/us/ny/upstate/nwa-upstate/nwa-emp-ld.html. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- ^ Rote, Andrew (2007-12-18). "It's not easy being gold". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/archive/12182007/. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- ^ Rote, Andrew (2008-01-01). "Extreme resolutions". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/archive/01012008/. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- ^ Zeigler, Zack (2008-01-04). "Is Colin Delaney delirious?". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/archive/01012008/articles/colindelirious. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- ^ Medalis, Kara A. (2008-01-08). "Retaining gold". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/archive/01082008/. Retrieved 2008-01-13.
- ^ Medalis, Kara A. (2008-01-29). "Help is on the way?". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/results/. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- ^ Rote, Andrew (2008-02-26). "Mixing it up". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/results/.
- ^ "ECW on Sci-Fi 11 March 2008 Results". Pro-Wrestling Edge. http://www.wwe-zone.com/ecw/results/sci-fi/2008/0311/index.htm. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- ^ Medalis, Kara A. (2008-05-06). "Extreme dream come true". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/archive/05062008/. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- ^ Martin, Adam (2008-02-25). "2CW Feb. 23 report, Chikara news including Colin Delaney and NYSWF". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2008/1203965388.shtml. Retrieved 2008-05-08.
- ^ Medalis, Kara A. (2008-05-23). "Rocky road to Judgment Day". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/archive/05132008/. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- ^ Medalis, Kara A. (2008-06-03). "New, Extreme manager in town". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/archive/06032008/. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- ^ Rote, Andrew (2008-07-20). "World's strongest betrayal". World Wrestling Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2008-07-23. http://web.archive.org/web/20080723193835/http://www.wwe.com/shows/thegreatamericanbash/matches/7635534/results/. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- ^ "WWE releases several Superstars, referee Wes Adams". World Wrestling Entertainment. http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/WWErelease0815. Retrieved 2008-08-15.
- ^ a b Marvze, Alex (2009-06-03). "Wrestler glad for opportunity, still fighting". Times Herald-Record. http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090603/LIFE/906030313/-1/SITEMAP. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- ^ Martin, Adam (2008-08-20). "A look at the most recent six WWE cuts, some backstage notes & more". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/news2008/1219273156.shtml. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j "Chikara Fans profile". Chikara Fans. http://chikarafans.com/?page_id=119. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- ^ Cambo, Rick (2010-10-09). "Latest Chikara DVD review including Manami Toyota appearign". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/17865/. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- ^ Boutwell, Josh (2010-10-29). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1288376845. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- ^ Higham, Joshua (2010-11-21). "CHIKARA Report 11.21.10 – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/163089/CHIKARA-Report-11.21.10-%E2%80%93-Philadelphia,-Pennsylvania.htm. Retrieved 2010-11-22.
- ^ Ford, Kevin (2010-12-25). "100 Percent Fordified: CHIKARA Reality is Relative". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_reviews/167475/100-Percent-Fordified:-CHIKARA-Reality-is-Relative.htm. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- ^ a b "Theme Music History". Chikara Fans. http://chikarafans.com/?page_id=303. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- ^ Ford, Kevin (2010-12-19). "100 Percent Fordified: CHIKARA The Germans". 411Mania. http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/video_reviews/166720/100-Percent-Fordified:-CHIKARA-The-Germans.htm. Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- ^ "AIW 2010 results". Absolute Intense Wrestling official website. http://aiwrestling.com/2010results.php. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- ^ The Complete 'PWI 500' List For 2008 - Randy Orton Number One - WrestlingInc.com
- ^ Vincent, Patrick (2010-08-23). "8/22 2CW results in New York: Bryan Danielson main-events, Jake Roberts announces retirement, American Wolves, Delaney (w/PICS)". Pro Wrestling Torch. http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_43318.shtml. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Colin Delaney — Nom(s) de ring Colin Delaney Colin Olsen le Crash Test Humain Taille 1,75 m Poids 76 kg Naissance 7 septembre 1986 (1986 09 07) (25 ans) Rochester, New York … Wikipédia en Français
Colin Delaney — Nacimiento 7 de septiembre de 1986 Rochester, New York Nombres artísticos Colin Delaney … Wikipedia Español
Delaney (surname) — Delaney is an Irish surname derived from the Gaelic Ó Dubhsláine, Dubh meaning black and Slaine for the River Slaine (Slaney). DeLaney is also of Norman origin. Delaney, British Singer/Songwriter Arthur K. Delaney (1841 1905), first mayor of… … Wikipedia
Colin (given name) — Colin Pronunciation /ˈkɒlɨn/, occasionally /ˈkoʊlɨn/ Origin Meaning Various meanings including young pup , whelp , cub , victorious people , dark , dove Colin is a male given name. Colin i … Wikipedia
Colin Dibley — (born 19 September 1944 in Sydney, NSW) is a former tennis player from Australia. Dibley once held the title for the fastest serve in the world at 148 m.p.h. During his professional career, he also won four singles and seventeen doubles titles.… … Wikipedia
Colin Hodgkinson — Born 14 October 1945 (1945 10 14) (age 66) Peterborough, Cambridgeshire Years active 1966–present Website colinhodgkinson.co.uk … Wikipedia
Colin Healy — Personal information Full name Colin Healy … Wikipedia
Colin Fennelly — Personal information Irish name Cóilín Ó Fionnalaigh Sport Hurling … Wikipedia
Colin Gifford — Colin Telfer Gifford is a British railway photographer, born in 1936. Gifford pioneered the New Approach to railway photography in the 1960s during the declining years of steam. This approach relies heavily on abstraction and sought to… … Wikipedia
Chris Delaney — (born July 16, 1957, in Newton, Massachusetts), is a former professional tennis player from the United States. Delaney enjoyed most of his tennis success while playing doubles. During his career he won 3 doubles titles. Delaney s older brother… … Wikipedia