- Jude (singer)
Jude Birth name Michael Jude Christodal Born October 16, 1969 Origin Boston, Massachusetts, United States Genres Indie, acoustic, rock Years active 1997—present Labels Fish of Death (1997)
Naive Records (2004-present)
Associated acts Low Stars Website http://www.judemusic.com/
Jude (born Michael Jude Christodal, October 16, 1969, Boston, Massachusetts), is an American singer and songwriter. His music ranges from acoustic to pop, featuring poetic lyrics, Beatles-esque melodies, and memorable vocals.
Jude's debut album, 430 N. Harper Ave was released independently by the Fish of Death label in 1997. This caught the attention of Madonna's record label, Maverick, who signed Jude and released his second album, No One Is Really Beautiful - which contained several re-recordings of some of the debut album's tracks. Jude enjoyed a short-lived radio term on select stations throughout the US, featuring two tracks from No One is Really Beautiful, "I'm Sorry Now" (#33 Billboard Adult Top 40 Chart) and "Rick James" (#29 Billboard Adult Top 40 Chart, #28 Billboard Modern Rock Chart).
Jude first brushed with wide acclaim when his song "I Know" was featured on the multi-platinum City of Angels soundtrack, which hit #1 on the U.S. Billboard Chart, selling over five million copies in the U.S. alone. The song "I Do" from No One Is Really Beautiful was used in several television shows and is a fan favorite (and features on the first three of Jude's albums in various incarnations). During this time, Jude also toured with Alanis Morissette, Ben Folds Five, The Cranberries, Dido, Tori Amos, Better Than Ezra, Train, and Chris Isaak.
His follow-up album, King of Yesterday, seems to have been a classic struggle between artist and label, and was unceremoniously released on September 11, 2001. The album featured a cover of Bread's "Everything I Own". Jude soon parted ways with Maverick and produced his subsequent albums independently (Sarah in 2004 and Redemption in 2006). When Sarah was issued via CD Baby, it hit #1 on their charts for over a month and is still one of the highest selling CDs in their history.
Currently, Jude is signed with Naive records in Paris, France (where Jude toured several times and has attracted a loyal fanbase). Naive released Redemption in Europe in September 2006, and released the single "Save Me" via iTunes in October. The whole album was released stateside in November 2006, and it became available for download via iTunes in December.
In 2006, Jude, Chris Seefried, Jeff Russo, and Dave Gibbs formed the band Low Stars. They released an eponymous CD through the Starbucks Hear music label in 2007. The song "Calling All Friends", which appears on the album and was penned by Jude, is the theme for the ABC drama What About Brian. In August 2007, Jude left the Low Stars after deciding to focus on his own career.
He is currently based in Los Angeles, writing songs for film and television while preparing another studio album.
Use in other media
- "The Way That You Want Me" and "I Know" were each featured in 2010 episodes of the television series, "House (TV series)" 
- "Out of L.A." was featured in the premiere episode of the television series, "Men of a Certain Age"
- "Love, Love, Love" was featured in a 2007 episode of the television drama, "What About Brian".
- "Stay" was featured in the last scene of the final episode of "What About Brian"
- "Crescent Height Shuffle" features on a TV advertisement for Miller Genuine Draft that was first broadcast in Ireland in May 2007.
- "Save Me" was featured in "The O.C." Season 4 premiere episode "The Avengers", and was also used as a pre-season on-line promotion.
- "Out of LA" was featured in a 2005 episode of "The OC".
- "Everything's Alright" was featured in an episode of the television series, "Alias".
- "Everything's Alright (I Think It's Time)" appeared in the film The Animal.
- "All I Wanna Do" was also used in an episode of "Alias".
- "I Know" was featured on the 1998 City of Angels soundtrack.
- "I Do" has been used in several television series.
- "I Do" and "I'm Sorry Now" were featured in the television series "Dawson's Creek".
- "I Do" and "King of Yesterday" were featured in the television series Felicity.
- "King of Yesterday" was featured in the motion picture Not Another Teen Movie.
- "King of Yesterday" was featured in the motion picture Bubble Boy.
- "Everything I Own" was featured in the pilot episode of "Smallville".
- "Everything I Own" was also featured in the television series "Crossing Jordan".
- "My Name is Death" appeared in the film "Final Destination 2"".
- "Everything I Own" was featured in the season 3 of "Roswell"
Jude has also done many musical works outside of his albums, among them—
- The main title theme for A Basement Affair on VH1
- The main title theme for ABC's Cavemen, as well as the score, with Mickey Petralia
- The main title theme ABC's What About Brian
- The song "Funny, Now" by the fictional band DriveSHAFT in the television series Lost
- The song "You All, Everybody" by the fictional band DriveSHAFT in the television series Lost, with Chris Seefried
- Score and songs for feature film Barry Munday (in post-production)
- The song "Need You Here", for the television series One Tree Hill
- "All of My Friends Are On TV" as the main title theme for season 2 of VH1's Surreal Life
- The main title theme music to The Ellen Show (2001)
- The songs "Crazy" (live Gnarls Barkley cover) and "Gay Cowboy" available on Jude's web page; other songs available occasionally
- The song "Cuba" recorded for the King of Yesterday album, but forced to be left off by the record label; included in the French re-release
- The song "My Name is Death" for the film Final Destination 2
- Score for VH1's Rock of Love Bus; Daisy of Love; I Love Money; The Good Life
- Score for the CW's High Society
- 430 N. Harper Ave. (1997)
- I Will Not Die – 3:06
- Out of L.A. – 3:14
- You Mama You – 2:20
- George – 2:52
- Paper Towel – 4:44
- In Between 3:16
- Prophet – 3:45
- Life Lays Me Down / Shoes My Size – 5:26
- Baby Ruth in Atlanta – 5:19
- Love Letters – 3:10
- Cammie – 5:19
- More Than I Wanted – 4:18
- You're So Hot I Love You (EP)
- Brad and Suzy (remix) – 4:05
- Prophet (live) – 4:17
- I'm Sorry Now (live) – 3:43
- Homerun Hillary – 3:18
- Out of L.A. (live) – 4:48
- The Asshole Song – 4:03
- No One is Really Beautiful (1998)
- You Mama You – 2:20
- Charlie Says – 4:20
- I'm Sorry Now – 4:23
- Rick James – 4:42
- Battered Broken – 4:58
- I Do – 4:50
- Prophet – 4:04
- Out of L.A. – 4:01
- I Know – 4:34
- She Gets the Feeling – 4:26
- George – 3:21
- Brad and Suzy – 4:37
- The Asshole Song – 4:04
- King of Yesterday (2001) #47 France
- King of Yesterday
- Everything's Alright (I Think It's Time)
- Red Room
- The Not So Pretty Princess
- Everything I Own
- Sit Ups
- Indian Lover
- Oh Boy
- I Do
- I Will Not Die
- Teenage Girlfriend
- King of Yesterday (radio remix)
- Sarah (2004) #67 France
- Madonna – 3:48
- Perfect Plank – 3:16
- You and Me – 4:39
- Crescent Heights – 2:46
- If You Need – 3:36
- Your Love is Everything – 4:45
- Living Together – 1:57
- Black Superman – 4:06
- Isn't It Over – 4:24
- Redemption (2006) #131 France
- All I Want to Do – 4:24
- Save Me – 3:53
- Dreaming – 4:15
- Love Love Love – 3:24
- Run to My Room – 3:27
- End of My Rainbow – 3:50
- Your Eyes – 3:21
- Breakup Song – 2:37
- She's Getting Married – 4:12
- Stay – 4:20
- Money – 3:57
- Beautiful Loser – 2:21
- Fly Again – 3:12
- Taking More and Giving Less (live) – 5:06
- Cuba (2008) - rarities and out-takes
- Beautiful Bleached-Out Blonde
- The Rider Comes
- The Rider Comes 2
- In The Country
- Everybody Party On The Dance Floor
- Helmut Dance
- One of These Days
- Outside My Window
- Prima Ballerina
- My Bonnie
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Jude — may refer to: * Jude the Apostle, an apostle also called Thaddaeus or Lebbaeus, the patron saint of lost causes in the Catholic Church * Epistle of Jude, a book of the New Testament of the Bible * Jude, brother of Jesus, who is sometimes… … Wikipedia
Jude Cole — Infobox musical artist Name = Jude Cole Img capt = Jude Cole on the cover of his 1990 album, A View from 3rd Street Img size = Landscape = Background = solo singer Birth name = Alias = Born = birth date and age|1960|06|18 Died = Origin =… … Wikipedia
Jude Harrison — Infobox character colour = pink name = Jude Harrison first = Even Better Than The Real Thing last = cause = age = 18 born = December 16th, 1989 death = occupation = Singer/Songwriter/Producer title = Instant Star family = Stuart Harrison (father) … Wikipedia
Jude Law — Infobox actor | name = Jude Law birthname = birthdate = birth date and age|df=yes|1972|12|29 birthplace = Lewisham, London, England deathdate = deathplace = othername = occupation = yearsactive = 1987–present spouse = Sadie Frost (2 September… … Wikipedia
Jude Kuring — Infobox actor name = Jude Kuring caption = birthname = Judith Kuring birthdate = birthplace = Australia deathdate = deathplace = restingplace = restingplacecoordinates = othername = occupation = Stage, film and television actress yearsactive =… … Wikipedia
Jude Cole (album) — Infobox Album | Name = Jude Cole Type = studio Artist = Jude Cole Released = 1987 Recorded = Genre = Rock Length = 45:38 Label = Reprise Records Producer = Reviews = *Allmusic Rating|3.5|5 [http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg… … Wikipedia
Jude Ciccolella — Infobox actor imagesize = 150px name = Jude Ciccolella birthdate =Birth date and age|1947|11|30|mf=y birthplace = Burlington, VermontRichard Jude Ciccolella (born November 30, 1947) is an American character actor.Ciccolella graduated from Temple… … Wikipedia
Paul Singer (Politiker) — Paul Singer (* 16. Januar 1844 in Berlin; † 31. Januar 1911 ebenda) war ein deutscher Fabrikant, Mitbegründer und Vorsitzender der SPD und Reichstagsabgeordneter. Leben Paul Singer wurde als neuntes Kind eines jüdischen Kaufmanns geboren und… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Bryan Singer — (2009) Bryan Singer (* 17. September 1965 in New York) ist ein amerikanischer Regisseur, Produzent und Drehbuchautor. Inhaltsverzeichnis … Deutsch Wikipedia
St. Jude (album) — Infobox Album Name = St. Jude Type = Album Artist = The Courteeners Released = Recorded = Genre = Indie rock Reviews = * Allmusic Rating|3|5 [http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg sql=10:kxfexzyjldfe link] * Digital Spy Rating|4|5… … Wikipedia