- Dynamic Tower
Dynamic Tower General information Type Hotel
Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates Cost USD 330 million  Height Roof 420 metres (1,378 ft) Technical details Floor count 80  Design and construction Architect David Fisher  Developer Dynamic Architecture 
The Dynamic Tower (also known as Dynamic Architecture Building or the Da Vinci Tower) is a planned 420-metre (1,378 ft), 80-floor moving skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, designed by architect David Fisher.
The tower is expected to be architecturally innovative for several reasons:
Uniquely, each floor will be able to rotate independently. This will result in a constantly changing shape of the tower. Each floor will rotate a maximum of 6 metres (20 ft) per minute, or one full rotation in 90 minutes.
It will also be the world's first prefabricated skyscraper  with 40 factory-built modules for each floor. 90% of the tower will be built in a factory and shipped to the construction site. This will allow the entire building to be built in only 22 months. The only part of the tower that will be built at the construction site will be the core. Part of this prefabrication will be the decrease in cost and number of workers (90 at the work site and 600 in the factory instead of 2,000 needed). The total construction time will be over 30% less than a normal skyscraper of the same size. The majority of the workers will be in factories, where it will be much safer. The modules will be preinstalled including kitchen and bathroom fixtures. The core will serve each floor with a special, patented connection for clean water, based on technology used to refuel airplanes in mid-flight.
The entire tower will be powered from wind turbines and solar panels. Enough surplus electricity should be produced to power five other similar sized buildings in the vicinity. The turbines will be located between each of the rotating floors. They could generate up to 1,200,000 kilowatt-hours of energy. The solar panels will be located on the roof and the top of each floor.
In 2008, the designer of the Dynamic Tower said that he expected it to be completed in 2010. Due to the global financial crisis, delays in acquiring land in Dubai, and patent issues , in 2009 Fisher claimed to finish construction late 2011.  However, construction has not started yet, and there has been no official announcement of the building site. Fisher did not "say where the tower would be built, [...] because he wanted to keep it a surprise."
Fisher distributed a biography which said he received an honorary doctorate from "The Prodeo Institute at Columbia University in New York". No such institution exists, and Columbia said it had never awarded Fisher an honorary degree. Fisher acknowledges that he is not well known, has never built a skyscraper before and hasn't practiced architecture regularly in decades.
- ^ a b c d e f g "Da Vinci Tower". SkyscraperPage.com. http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=62055. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- ^ a b c d "Dubai plans 'moving' skyscraper". BBC Online. 2008-06-25. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7472722.stm. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- ^ a b c "Dubai Puts a New Spin on Skyscrapers". Wall Street Journal. 2007-04-11. http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/PRESS/Giornali_Divisi/dopo_dubai_11-04-07/wall-street-journal_A3.pdf. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- ^ a b c "Dynamic Architecture Building". Emporis.com. http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=dynamicarchitecturebuilding-dubai-unitedarabemirates. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- ^ "Dynamic Tower project to be back on track". gowealthy.com. 2011-03-04. http://www.gowealthy.com/gowealthy/wcms/en/home/news/real-estate/Dynamic-Tower-project-to-be-back-on-track.html. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- ^ a b "Fisher baits industry over Dynamic Tower location". ArabianBusiness.com. 2009-02-14. http://www.arabianbusiness.com/546645-fisher-baits-industry-over-dynamic-tower-location. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- ^ a b Rocca, Francis X. (2009-02-11). "Believe Him or Not, He Puts a Fresh Spin on Architecture". WSJ.com. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123432213609971519.html. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- ^ "UAE's Dynamic Tower will be 'factory built'". ArabianBusiness.com. 2009-02-09. http://www.arabianbusiness.com/546228-uaes-dynamic-tower-will-be-factory-built---architect. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- ^ a b c "Construction". Dynamic Architecture. http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/_PREFABRICATION.html. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- ^ a b "Green Construction". Dynamic Architecture. http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/_GREEN.html. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- ^ "Reality of the Future or Castle in the Air?". constructioncitizen.com. 2010-12-14. http://www.constructioncitizen.com/blog/dubai-dynamic-architecture-david-fisher-hotel/1012141. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- ^ a b "Towers take turn for the worse". The National. 2009-06-29. http://www.thenational.ae/business/property/towers-take-turn-for-the-worse. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- ^ Caruso, David (2008-06-25). "Architect hopes new skyscraper keeps us spinning". The Associated Press. Archived from the original on 2008-07-19. http://web.archive.org/web/20080719155436/http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ivNvD_jdPad4lPulmUIt1_aw2xvwD91H3GT80. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
TIME's Best Inventions of 2008 #16 The Dynamic Tower 
- Dynamic Architecture - Rotating Tower Official website
- Profile and images from Specifier Magazine
- The Da Vinci, Upward Spiral - slideshow by The First Post
Proposed supertall skyscrapers Proposed
1 Park Avenue · 15 Penn Plaza · 151 Incheon Tower · Airlangga Residences · Al Rajhi Tower · Buenos Aires Forum · Crystal Island · Digital Media City Landmark Building · Dream Tower · Dubai Beachfront Hotel · Dynamic Tower · East Office Tower · Empire World Towers I & II · EP 07 Tower · Gate of Kuwait · GIFT Diamond Tower · GiraSole · Hermitage Plaza · Hudson Place Towers I · India International Trade Center · Karachi Port Tower · Kingdom Tower · Lanco Hills Signature Tower · Lopez Center Tower · Mubarak al-Kabir Tower · Manhattan West Tower I · Millennium Tower (Frankfurt) · Murjan Tower · Namaste Tower · Noida Tower · Ocean 1 Tower · Okhta Center · One Bayfront Plaza · One Galleon Place · One Park Avenue · P-17 · Phare Tower · PVN Tower · Saigon Centre Tower 2 · Suyong Bay Tower · The Gateway III Tower · The Stratford Residences · The Wave Tower · Torre Planetarium · Tower Verre · Trans National Place · Transbay Transit Center & Tower · Shenyang International Finance Center · Signature Towers · Xujiahui Tower · Warisan Merdeka · World One
1 Dubai · 1 New York Place · 7 South Dearborn · 80 South Street · Ameritrust Tower · Al Sharq Tower · American Commerce Center · Anara Tower · Bank of the Southwest Tower · Bin Manana Twin Towers (Lam Tara) Towers · Center City Tower · City Hall and City Duma · City Tech Tower · Chicago Spire · Chicago World Trade Center · Crown Las Vegas · Dubai Towers Istanbul · Eaton's / John Maryon Tower · Grant USA Tower · Grollo Tower · Hotel Attraction · Ice Tower · International Business Center · Larkin Building · Lotte World II Hotel · Madison Square Garden Towers I & II · Marina Gardens · Meraas Tower · Miglin-Beitler Skyneedle · London Millennium Tower · Najd Tower · Nakheel Tower · Ningbo Twin Towers · Palace of the Soviets · Palacio de la Bahia · Park Square Tower · Project 2000 · Russia Tower · Sapphire Tower · Scandinavian Tower · South Ferry Plaza · Television City Tower · Tianlong Hotel · Torre Generali · Torre Bicentenario · Torre Bicentenario II · Tour Sans Fins · Tour Signal · Waterview Tower · Waldorf-Astoria Hotel and Residence Tower · World Product Center
Visions Supertall skyscrapers · List of tallest buildings in the world · Arcology
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dynamic Tower — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda La Dinamic Tower es una torre que se levantara en la ciudad de Dubai, en los Emiratos Arabes Unidos. Tendra 420 metros (1.378 pies), y 80 pisos. Se la usara como hotel y su costo rendara los 330 millones de dolares.… … Wikipedia Español
Tower Verre — as seen from the street. General information Status Approved Type … Wikipedia
Dynamic demand (electric power) — Dynamic Demand is the name of a semi passive technology for adjusting load demands on an electrical power grid. (It is also the name of an independent not for profit organization in the UK supported by a charitable grant from the Esmée Fairbairn… … Wikipedia
Dynamic programming — For the programming paradigm, see Dynamic programming language. In mathematics and computer science, dynamic programming is a method for solving complex problems by breaking them down into simpler subproblems. It is applicable to problems… … Wikipedia
Tower — For other uses, see Tower (disambiguation). CN Tower (world s third tallest freestanding structure) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada … Wikipedia
Kingdom Tower — برج المملكة … Wikipedia
Dubai City Tower — مدينة دبي للبرج General information Status Vision Type Mixed use Location … Wikipedia
Meraas Tower — General information Status Cancelled  Location Jumeirah Garden City, Dubai. Construction started 2009 … Wikipedia
Millennium Tower (London) — For other uses, see Millennium Tower (disambiguation). London Millennium Tower General information Type Conference, garden, hotel, observation, office, residential, restaurant and retail Location 14 34 St Mary A … Wikipedia
Sapphire Tower — A rendering of the old 90 storey Sapphire Tower design in downtown Toronto. The Sapphire Tower was a proposed luxury hotel / condominium skyscraper in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, to be built by developer Harry Stinson. It would have stood at 196… … Wikipedia