- MPs elected in the United Kingdom general election, 2005
* South Staffordshire - due to the death of a candidate standing in both for parliament and a seat on the council after some of the postal votes had been received, the elections in this constituency were postponed until 23 June 2005. Sir
Patrick Cormack(Conservative), the incumbent Member of Parliamentretained his seat with an increased majority.
* 9 February: Dunfermline and West Fife —
Willie Rennie(Lib Dem), to replace Rachel Squire(Lab), who died on 5 January
* 29 June: Blaenau Gwent — Dai Davies (Ind), to replace
Peter Law(Ind) who died on 25 April
* 29 June: Bromley and Chislehurst —
Bob Neill(Con), to replace Eric Forth(Con) who died on 17 May
* 19 July: Ealing Southall —
Virendra Sharma(Lab) to replace Piara Khabra(Lab) who died on 19 June
* 19 July: Sedgefield — Phil Wilson (Lab) to replace
Tony Blair(Lab), who resigned to take up a new role as Middle East Envoy.
* 22 May: Crewe and Nantwich -
Edward Timpson(Con) to replace Gwyneth Dunwoody(Lab) who died on 17 April
* 26 June: Henley — John Howell (Con) to replace
Boris Johnson(Con), who resigned after being elected Mayor of London. [ [http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/newsroom_and_speeches/press/2008/press_54_08.cfm Treasury press release - Manor of Northstead] ]
* 10 July: Haltemprice and Howden — David Davis (Con) resigned to stand for re-election, in protest over the Government's policy of detaining terror suspects for up to 42 days without charge
* 24 July: Glasgow East — John Mason (Scottish National Party) to replace David Marshall (Lab) who resigned due to ill health.
Clare Short(Birmingham Ladywood) — resigned the Labour whip on 20 October 2006 and became Independent Labour.
Quentin Davies(Grantham and Stamford) — defected from Conservatives to Labour on 26 June.
Bob Wareing(Liverpool West Derby) — resigned the Labour whip and became an Independent from 16 September 2007.
Andrew Pelling(Croydon Central) — suspended from Conservative party and has sat as an Independent since 18 September 2007.
Derek Conway(Old Bexley and Sidcup) — Conservative whip withdrawn on 29 January after allegations of corruption. [ [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7214573.stm BBC News] ]
Bob Spink(Castle Point) — defected from Conservative to UKIP on 21 April 2008. [ [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7360118.stm BBC News] ]
Results of the United Kingdom general election, 2005
Members of the House of Lords
List of MPs for Northern Ireland
List of MPs for Scotland
List of MPs for Wales
* [http://politics.guardian.co.uk/aristotle/ Find out about your MP and how they have voted with "The Guardian"]
* [http://britishconstitution.blogspot.com/2007/05/size-matters.html How Parliament's size has varied over the centuries]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.