official_name = Kfarfila
imagesize = 300px
dot_x = |dot_y =
pushpin_map_caption =Location in Lebanon
subdivision_type = Country
subdivision_name = Flag|Lebanon
subdivision_type1 = Governorate
subdivision_type2 = District
timezone = EET
utc_offset = +2
timezone_DST = +3
Arabic: كفرفيلا) is a town in the Nabatieh Governorate, in Arabic: النبطية, al-Nabatiya), or Nabatiye southern Lebanon. Kfarfilais known to most locals as a large garden of fruit trees, As the homes rime with its beautiful gardens and trees are spread to its own shops, and miscellaneous Dakkakinon both sides of the main road to the town (saha). Kfarfilasits safe at the bottom of Iqlim al-Tuffah mountains and supervised by Jbaa, Ain Qanaand Ain Bouswar, rising from sea level to over 582 meters, and away from the town of Nabatiehabout 22 km, and about 65 km from the capitalof Beirut, The Town's area real estateis 3500 dunums, The population is about 2500 people half residing in the town and the other half mainly works and lives in Beirutand neighborliness, the number of voters are 950 (regulations from 1998) and the number of housing units are 445 units.
Mr. Freiha (famous Lebanese writer) says in his book "The Miagam" That the name is
Aramaic, which means "the elephant's village" other meaning of the name is the village of the rift or crude. The latter title perhaps due to the presence of a crack or alleged crack (called Zien) in the higher east part of the town (called Hawara) resulting from an old earthquake according to the elderly parents, which caused a permanent spring giving life to most of the town's agricultural and named Ibn al-Aqil.
There are many caves in the town that date back to the
Phoeniciansera and most of the them are cemetery types the first one is located in a place called "Al-srag" and falls northwest of the town and the other three are found to the east of the town including one that has three internal holes and each has two graves inside). In the south part of the town there is a longsheng pottery, colored glass cups and there is a number of mills, one of them still stands (kfarfila river) one of the Zahrani river streams.
The town is famous for cultivation of different kind of onions and foremost the white fancy kind which has been a must for the people of the various areas of the whole country as far as Tyre,
Zahle, Tripoli, Sidonand Nabatieh, and the annual production is more than twenty eight tons.
There is an old
mosquein the town said that it was a religious school in the early 20th century and was sponsored by scholars of a religion, but the school did not last long, then in the early 1950s it was re-used as the official school of the town, Before the 1950 period the education to the sons of the town families of Reading in the 1930s and 1940s was attended by Mr. Ali Abdul-Mageed Ousairan, Sheikh Mohiuddin Elhur, Abdul Ghani Faqih, Sheikh Salman Taki Al Faqih and then Sheikh Mohamed Taqi Al Faqih.The official beginning of the school year to the reintroduction in 1944 with a single teacher Moussa Hussein Hammoud, from the town of Kfarmilky followed in the early 1950s Sheikh Aref Elhour, and then Antoine Abu Samra 1957 / 1958. In the early 1960s, presented to the school by teachers Jameel Jizzini, Wafiq Kassem, Muqallad Muqalled, Tawfiq Elhour, Saleh Al-Khayyat, and completed the primary 1970 mm and is now the director Professor Hani Muhammad Elhour and then his successor Professor Ibrahim Fayyad for the year 1987.The current Director is Professor fair Khavaja with the knowledge that the school is the only elementary, There is also a branch of the Al Mahdi private schools as of the year 1997.
Mohieddeen, Ibrahim, Hamdan, Zein, Sultan, Hammoud, Tahini, Jawad, Kassem, Taki, Hijazi and Kafaja.
KfarfilaThe most famous landmark is the many caves in the town which date back to the Phoenicianstime and were built northwest of the town.
* [http://www.kfarfila.org Official web page]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.