- Neyveli Lignite Corporation
Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) Limited Type Government-owned Traded as BSE: 513683
Founded 1956 Headquarters Chennai, India Key people Shri. A.R. Ansari (Chairman & MD) Products Lignite, Electricity Revenue 4,689 crore (US$950.93 million)(2009-2010) Net income 1,247 crore (US$252.89 million)(2009-2010) Employees 18,434 (2011) Website nlcindia.com
Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC) is a government-owned lignite mining and power generating company in India. NLC operates the largest open-pit lignite mines in India, presently mining 24 MT of lignite and has an installed capacity of 2490 MW of electricity per year. It also supplies a large quantity of sweet water to Chennai from the artesian aquifers in the lignite mines. On 11-Apr-2011, it joined the elite group of Navratna Companies. In 1956 NLC was formed as a Corporate body.
NLC is listed on BSE:513683 as well as NSE:NEYVELI LIG. The Union Government holds 93% shares of NLC and is administered through Ministry of Coal. NLC earned turn over of Rs 4689 crore with a net profit of Rs 1247 crore in the financial year 2009-2010.
Mines & Thermal Plants
NLC operates mines with linked power plants.
Mine Production (MTPA) Power Station Capacity (MW) Mine I 10.5 Thermal Power Station-I 600 Mine IA 3.0 Thermal Power Station- I Expansion 420 Mine II 10.5 Thermal Power Station-II 1470 Barsingsar Mine 2.1 Barsingsar Thermal Power Station 250
1. Thermal Power Station-II Expansion: It has a capacity of 500 MW from two units of 250 MW each linked with Mine-II Expansion. The technology used in this upcoming plant is based on Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion (CFBC), which is a more environmental friendly technology facilitating low emission levels of toxic air pollutants apart from improved process efficiency.
2. Coal Based Thermal Plant At Tuticorin: It is a coal based Thermal Plant with an installed capacity of 1000 MW, 2 units of 500 MW each. It is a Joint Venture Project NTPL between NLC and the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB). It was formally inaugurated on 28th February 2009 by the then Honble Union External Affairs and Finance Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee.
3. Power Project in Uttar Pradesh: With a joint venture agreement with Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL) for setting up a coal based power plant with a capacity of 2000 MW at Ghatampur in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh with an equity participation of 51% by NLC and 49 by UPRVUNL. The MoU has been signed in December 2010.
4. Wind Power Project in Tamil Nadu: As part of the diversification programme to sustain and improve the growth rate, NLC is in the process of setting up a 50MW capacity wind based power project in Tirunelveli District of Tamil Nadu. Tendering and evaluation of bids is in process for this green power project.
5.Thermal Power Plant in Neyveli: Due to ageing of TPS-I plant, it has been proposed to set up a power plant at Neyveli with a capacity of 2 x 500 MW. Preliminary activities such as preparation of Feasibility Report, Environmental studies, Contour Survey and Soil investigation study are in progress.
6. Bithnok Mining & Thermal Power Project: A Thermal Power Plant of 250 MW capacity with linked mine of 2.25 MTPA is proposed to be set up at Bithnok in Bikaner District, Rajasthan. Notification has been issued by Government of Rajasthan (GoR) for acquisition of private land for the project. Contour Survey and Geological exploration work have been completed. Hydro-Geological Studies and Geo-Technical investigation studies are in progress.
7. Barsingsar Extension Power Project: The mine of 2.5 MTPA of lignite capacity linking both HadIa & Palana Lingite blocks with the 250MW Power plant in Bikaner District of Rajasthan as an extension of the on-going Barsingsar Power Project. Application has been submitted to GOR for acquisition of required land for the project and also for grant of Mining lease. Preparation of Feasibility Report (FR) and EIA/EMP report is under progress.
8. Jayamkondam Mining & Power Project:13.5 MTPA Lignite Mine and 2 x 800 MW Thermal Power Station is proposed in Jayamkondam in the State of Tamil Nadu. Geological exploration, hydro- geological studies, Soil investigation, Contour Survey and Pump test have been completed.
9. Gujarat Mining & Power Project: As a joint venture project with Gujarat Power Corporation Limited, a Mine(8 MTPA)-cum-Power(1000MW) project in the state of Gujarat has been proposed.
10. Coal Based Power Plant in Orissa: A Mega Coal Based Thermal Power Plant of capacity 2000 MW in principle approval of the Government of Orissa for allocation of land in Rengali Taluk of Sambalpur district in Orissa is awaited.
A Joint Venture Company between Mahanadi Coal Fields Limited, Hindalco and NLC for mining coal from Talabira block for 1000 MW Power Plant Project is established.
11. Mine-III & Thermal Plant-III in Neyveli: A Lignite Mine of capacity 8 MTPA and linked Thermal Plant of capacity 1000 MW is proposed in Neyveli. The report submitted by M/s. Norwest Corporation, UTAH, USA suggesting alternative mining technologies in respect of Mine-III of 8.0 MTPA capacity is under examination.
NLC has well-developed township in Neyveli in the district of Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu. It is well connected by road along the Chennai-Thanjavur State Highway and Puducherry-Tiruchirappalli Road. A dedicated rail track with a Railway station was constructed to transport heavy machineries for the mining and the power generation industries.
Recently started Barsingsar Mining & Power Project has also got a new small township named 'Lignite Shakthi Nagar' for the employees in the project. It is situated near Barsingsar Village 30 km from Bikaner towards Jodhpur with a diversion from NH-89 near Palana.
- ^ http://www.nlcindia.com/index.php?file_name=about/about_02.htm
- ^ http://www.nlcindia.com/index.php?file_name=about/about_01k.htm
- ^ http://www.nlcindia.com/index.php?file_name=about/about_01g.htm
- ^ http://dpe.nic.in/newsite/navmini.htm
- ^ http://www.nlcindia.com/common/files/share0311.pdf
- ^ http://www.nlcindia.com/index.php?file_name=about/about_01h.htm
- Official website
- Department of Public Enterprises
- Ministry of Coal
- Tamil Nadu State Electricity Board
Coalfields of India Coalfields Coal companiesBharat Coking Coal Limited • Central Coalfields Limited • Coal India Limited • Eastern Coalfields Limited • Mahanadi Coalfields • Neyveli Lignite Corporation • North Eastern Coalfields • Northern Coalfields Limited • Singareni Collieries Company • South Eastern Coalfields Limited • Western Coalfields Limited Related topicsCoal mining in India • Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Neyveli — city … Wikipedia
Cuddalore — This article is about the municipality in Tamil Nadu, India. For its namesake district, see Cuddalore district. Cuddalore city … Wikipedia
Cuddalore district — This article is about the district. For its eponymous headquarters, see Cuddalore. Cuddalore District கடலூர் மாவட்டம் Kadalur district … Wikipedia
List of companies of India — This is a list of major companies based in India. Please note that the list is highly incomplete and does not have every company of all sizes. More information about the companies can be found in the links to the company articles.Below is the… … Wikipedia
NLC Workers Progressive Union — N.L.C.W.P.U. Full name Neyveli Lignite Corporation Workers Progressive Union Country India Affiliation Labour Progressive Federation Key people S. Dhandapani (President) NLC Workers Progressive Union, a trade union amongst miners employed at the… … Wikipedia
Vadalur — Infobox Indian Jurisdiction native name = Vadalur | type = city | latd = | longd = state name = Tamil Nadu district = Cuddalore leader title = leader name = altitude = population as of = 2001 population total = 25,902| population density = area… … Wikipedia
Chidambaram — This article is about the city. For other uses, see Chidambaram (disambiguation). Chidambaram city … Wikipedia
Lois indiennes — Liste des lois adoptées par les gouvernements successifs en Inde depuis 1836, c est à dire au cours des périodes sous les régimes de l Inde britannique et du gouvernement de la république indienne. Sommaire 1 1836–1850 2 1851–1875 3 1876–1900 … Wikipédia en Français
Navratna — For the talisman, set of stones and gems, see Navaratna. For the well known navratnas of Akbar and Vikramaditya s courts, see Nine Gems. Navratna was the title given originally to nine Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) identified by the Government … Wikipedia
Liste de lois en Inde — Pour consulter un article plus général, voir : Droit en Inde. Liste des lois adoptées par les gouvernements successifs en Inde depuis 1836, c est à dire au cours des périodes sous les régimes de l Inde britannique et du gouvernement de la… … Wikipédia en Français