- Double Mountain (California)
Tehachapi Mountain, Double Mountain and Covington Mountain
Elevation 7,993 ft (2,436 m) NAVD 88 Prominence 3,821 ft (1,165 m)  Location Location Kern County, California, USA Range Tehachapi Mountains Coordinates Coordinates:  Topo map USGS Tehachapi South
Double Mountain is the highest point in the Tehachapi Mountains of California. It has two summits of nearly the same elevation. It is south of the town of Tehachapi, Highway 58 and Tehachapi Pass. Due to its elevation, the mountain receives snowfall during the winter.
South of Double Mountain the Tehachapi Range has a large rounded crest, whose eastern flank is quite steep. This crest is the southern terminus of the range of the hybrid Alvord oak, Quercus × alvordiana.
- ^ a b "Double". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ds_mark.prl?PidBox=FU3369. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- ^ a b "Double Mountain, California". Peakbagger.com. http://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=2905. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- ^ USGS. Tehachapi quadrangle, California (Map). 1:62500, 30x60 Minute Topographic. http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=35.033251,-118.486727&z=11&t=T. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- ^ "Subsection M261Es - Tehachapi - Piute Mountains". USDA, Forest Service. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/projects/ecoregions/m261es.htm. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- ^ Twisselmann, Ernest C. (1967). A flora of Kern County, California. University of San Francisco. OCLC 678356.
- ^ Hogan, PhD, C. Michael; ed. N. Stromberg (2008). "Blue Oak: Quercus douglasii". GlobalTwitcher.com. http://globaltwitcher.auderis.se/artspec_information.asp?thingid=85046. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Double Mountain — may refer to one of two mountains in the United States: Double Mountain (California) the highest point of the Tehachapi Mountains in California Double Mountain (Texas), the highest point in Stonewall County, Texas and notably isolated peak Double … Wikipedia
Mountain peaks of California — See also: Mountain peaks of the United States Contents 1 Highest major summits 2 Most prominent summits 3 … Wikipedia
Double Peak (San Diego County, California) — For other uses, see Double Peak (disambiguation). Double Peak Elevation 1,644 ft (501 m) NGVD 29 … Wikipedia
Double-O Ranch Historic District — U.S. National Register of Historic Places U.S. Historic district … Wikipedia
Mountain Goat Beer — Location Corner North Clark Streets Richmond, Victoria Australia Owner(s) Independent Year opened … Wikipedia
California Institute of Technology — Motto The truth shall make you free  Established 1891 Type … Wikipedia
Double Rainbow (viral video) — Double Rainbow refers to a viral video posted by Paul Bear Vasquez. The clip, filmed in his front yard just outside Yosemite National Park, in the U.S. state of California, chronicles his sighting of and Stendhal syndrome like reaction to a… … Wikipedia
Double Peak — may refer to: any mountain with two adjacent summits specific mountains with this feature, such as: Double Peak (Alaska), a mountain in the Aleutian Range Double Peak (Arizona) Double Peak (Fresno County, California) Double Peak (San Diego County … Wikipedia
Mountain Creek Waterpark — is a seasonal water theme park located at Mountain Creek Ski Resort in Vernon Township, New Jersey. The park is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day yearly. The water park and ski resort are owned by Crystal Springs Resort, the ownership group of… … Wikipedia
California State University, San Bernardino — Seal of the California State University, San Bernardino Motto Come Here, Go Anywhere Established 1965 Type … Wikipedia