- N-acetylglucosamine kinase
N-acetylglucosamine kinase Identifiers EC number 188.8.131.52 CAS number 9027-48-9 Databases IntEnz IntEnz view BRENDA BRENDA entry ExPASy NiceZyme view KEGG KEGG entry MetaCyc metabolic pathway PRIAM profile PDB structures RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum Gene Ontology AmiGO / EGO Search PMC articles PubMed articles
- ATP + N-acetyl-D-glucosamine ADP + N-acetyl-D-glucosamine 6-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:N-acetyl-D-glucosamine 6-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include acetylglucosamine kinase (phosphorylating), ATP:2-acetylamino-2-deoxy-D-glucose 6-phosphotransferase, 2-acetylamino-2-deoxy-D-glucose kinase, and acetylaminodeoxyglucokinase. This enzyme participates in glutamate metabolism and aminosugars metabolism.
- Asensio C and Ruiz-Amil M (1966). "N-Acetyl-D-glucosamine kinase. II. Escherichia coli". Methods Enzymol. 9: 421–425. doi:10.1016/0076-6879(66)09086-4.
- Barkulis SS (1966). "N-Acetyl-D-glucosamine kinase. I. Streptococcus pyogenes". Methods Enzymol. 9: 415–420. doi:10.1016/0076-6879(66)09085-2.
- Datta A (1970). "Studies on hog spleen N-acetylglucosamine kinase. I. Purification and properties of N-acetylglucosamine kinase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 220 (1): 51–60. PMID 4319609.
This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.