- Ignition (video game)
Infobox VG| title = Ignition
Unique Development Studios
Single player, multiplayer
media = CD
requirements = 100 MHz Processor, 8Mb
Ignition is a
PC gamereleased in 1997by Virgin Interactive. It features miniature cars, much like Death Rally.
MS-DOSand Windows versions. Both versions can be run in 320x240, 640x480 and 800x600 resolutions. The game features skid marks, smoke, sparks and fire effects. Ignition supports Audio CD playback during the game. Ignition can be controlled using keyboard, joypad, pedals or joystick. Also multiplayerusing split screen (two players on one machine) or LAN in the Windows version is supported.The game is multilingual: English, Spanish, Italian and Swedish is supported.
You can race through 7 tracks with 11 different unique
vehicles of your choice. Compete in a "Championship", "Single Race", "Time Trial" and "Pursue Mode".
* In the "Championship" mode, the player is to race on 5 to 7 tracks, three laps each and to earn most points. The player advances to the next track if he comes at least 3rd. If after racing all tracks player earns most points, he advances to the next difficulty level. The levels are: Novice (5 tracks), Amateur (6 tracks), Pro (7 tracks) and Mirror (7 tracks mirrored).
* "Single Race" is just simple race, three laps with 5 opponents.
* In "Time Trial" player is to beat the high scores: lap time and track time. In this mode when you race once on a track, the way you raced is recorded to "ghost", with which you will race to beat the highscore. "Ghost" is made so it does not spoil your race. You can share "ghosts" with your friends.
* In "Pursue Mode" every lap the last car to finish a lap is eliminated until a winner is found.
In every mode, on every track there are dynamic
obstacles that can crash your vehicle and make you lose time to beat your opponents.
Also in every race best times for lap and track are saved for each track.
Every mode can be played in multiplayer.
The vehicles include:
* Coop (
* Evac (green emergency
* Enforcer (
NYPD police car)
* Redneck (loosely based on a
Ford Mustang 68 coupe)
* Bug (
* Smoke (a
* Banana (yellow
* Monster (
* Vegas ('71 Dodge Demon)
The last four cars in the list become available as soon as corresponding difficulty level is completed.Each car has four characteristics (acceleration, turbo, speed and grip) which vary from car to car. "Evac" has the lowest "stats", while "Ignition", the car unlocked at the end of the game, has the highest.
* Moosejaw Falls (
* Gold Rush (
* Snake Island (
* Lost Ruins (
* Yodel Peaks (
* Cape Thor (
* Tokyo Bullet (
The last two tracks become unlocked on the completion of Novice and Amateur difficulty levels accordingly.
These must be input at the main menu, a sound will confirm that code has worked:
* Banarne - Gives stretched cars.
* Surmule - Unlocks every track and difficulty setting.
* Slasktratt - Unlocks every car.
* Skunk - Hides the bodies of cars so all you see is four wheels.
* Svinpole - Lower camera angle and makes Ignition a full 3D game.
* Filmjolk - Ignition starts to Mirror itself.
* Strings - Flatten enemy cars by driving over them.
All tracks made by Christian Björklund.
* [http://www.bobulous.org.uk/ignition/ Ignition] — the cars, the tracks, tips and FAQs.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Video game arcade cabinet — A video game arcade cabinet, also known as a video arcade machine or video coin op, is the housing within which a video arcade game s hardware resides. Most cabinets designed since the mid 1980s conform to the JAMMA wiring standard. Some include… … Wikipedia
Nostalgia (video game) — Nostalgia Cover art Developer(s) Matrix Software Red Entertainment Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
Frequency (video game) — Infobox VG title= Frequency caption = developer= Harmonix Music Systems publisher= designer= Harmonix Music Systems released= vgrelease|NA=November 20, 2001|PAL=June 28, 2002 genre= Music modes= Single player, multiplayer ratings=… … Wikipedia
Dragon's Crown (video game) — Promotional image of the logo of the game. Developer(s) Vanillaware … Wikipedia
Dead Space (video game) — Dead Space European cover art Developer(s) EA Redwood Shores Publisher(s) … Wikipedia
List of video game publishers — This is a list of video and computer game publishers, past and present. Some of the publishers may also have large in house development efforts (or studios), but also publish titles from other developers.The list below includes both current and… … Wikipedia
Tornado (2008 video game) — Infobox VG title= developer=SKONEC Entertainment publisher=Ignition Entertainment designer= engine= released= vgrelease|NA=September 30, 2008 [ [http://ds.gamespy.com/nintendo ds/tornado/] , GameSpy. Retrieved on 2008 09 21.] genre=Action modes=… … Wikipedia
Drag Racer (video game) — Drag Racer Developer(s) Phantom Games, XMG Studio Publisher(s) Phantom Games, XMG Studio Platform(s) Adobe Flash, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad … Wikipedia
Ridge Racer (video game) — Infobox VG title = Ridge Racer developer = Namco publisher = Namco designer = release = Arcade vgrelease|Japan|JPN|October 7, 1993 PlayStation [http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/data/366817.html ] vgrelease|Japan|JPN|December 3, 1994… … Wikipedia
Ignition — occurs when the heat produced by a reaction becomes sufficient to sustain a chemical reaction. The sudden change from a cold gas to a hot plasma in a plasma source is also called ignition.: See also: Making fire or Ignite (disambiguation)Other… … Wikipedia