- ProCurve Training
HP ProCurve Networking is the networking division of HP. They produce a line of
network switches, wireless access points, WAN routers, and Access Control Servers/Software sold under the "HP ProCurve Networking" brand name. ProCurveoffers trainings [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/index.htm ProCurve Training Homepage] ] , typically delivered in HP Authorized Trainings Centers (ATCs) [http://h10017.www1.hp.com/certification/emea/atc_list.html EMEA ATC List] ] by HP Certified Instructors (HPCI). The titles are oriented at the HP Certified ProfessionalProgram (HPCP) [http://www.hp.com/certification/program_overview.html#integration HPCP Overview] ] . Candidates can take most of the technical certification tests at Prometric[http://www.prometric.com/HP/default.htm HP Certification at Prometric] ] Testcenters. Sales certification tests can be taken online in the Internet [http://ibt.prometric.com Prometric Online] ] . Attending a course is currently not a prerequisite for achieving the titles. Annual based recertification can be achieved via Continuous Learning Program of HPCP [http://www.hp.com/certification/continuous_learning/tech_family/procurve_networking.html Continuous Learning Homepage of HPCP] ] .
The Accredited Sales Professional (ASP) certifies that someone knowledgeable of networking concepts, like the OSI Model, and can describe the features & functions ProCurve products.
* ASP [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/sales/ASP_cert.htm] can be done online at [http://www.procurve-salestraining.com]
The Accredited Sales Consultant (ASC) expands sales skills, to provide the ability to engage customers at the board level to understand business issues, and to design a solution that will meet evolving networking requirements.
* ASC [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/sales/ASC_cert.htm]
The Accredited Platform Specialist (APS) will give Service technicians the ability to restore a single ProCurve Networking product (including hardware and internal operating system) to operational level as from factory.
* Installation and Service [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/IAS.htm]
The Accredited Integration Specialist (AIS) [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/AIS_cert.htm] is the first level of technical certification. ProCurve Networking Primer (Free CBT) is an optional course. The qualification comprises
* Adaptive Edge Fundamentals [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/AEF.htm]
The Accredited Systems Engineer (ASE) has three specialisations - Mobility [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/ASE-Mobility-cert.htm] , WAN [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/ASE-Secure-WAN-cert.htm] and Network Management [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/ASE-Net-management.htm] . The AIS is a prerequisite before achieving this qualification.
The following are optional, but recommended, and are useful for some pre-knowledge:
* IP Routing Foundations (Free CBT) (optional)
* Network Security Fundamentals (Free CBT) (optional)
* Fundamental WAN Technologies (Free CBT) (optional)
The student must pass the following exams:
* Building ProCurve Resilient, Adaptive Networks (BPRAN) [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/BPRAN.htm]
* Security [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/Security.htm]
To achieve the different specialisation, one of the following must be passed:
* Mobility [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/Mobility.htm]
* Secure WAN [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/Secure_WAN.htm]
* Network Management [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/net-management.htm]
The qualification ASE ProCurve Networking & Convergence, cannot be achieved any more.
The Master Accredited Systems Engineer (MASE) has three specializations - Secure Mobility [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/master_ASE_cert.htm] , Security Specialist [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/master-ASE-sec-sol.htm] and Convergence [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/MASE-Convergence-cert.htm]
Both the AIS and one ASE qualification are prerequisites before achieving this qualification.
To achieve the MASE Secure Mobility Specialist, the student must have also passed the ASE - ProCurve Networking & Mobility certification. The following must then be passed:
* Secure Mobility Solutions [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/SMS.htm]
To achieve the MASE Security Specialist, the student must have also passed the ASE - ProCurve Network Management certification. The following must then be passed:
* Network Access Control [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/NAC.htm]
* Network Immunity [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/technical/net-immunity-sol.htm]
To achieve the MASE Convergence Specialist, the student can have passed ANY ASE certification, plus a VoIP Certification from the following vendors:
* [http://www.procurve.com ProCurve Networking by HP Worldwide Website]
* [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/index.htm ProCurve Training Homepage]
* [http://www.hp.com/rnd/training/examMatrix.htm ProCurve Exam Matrix]
* [http://www.hp.com/certification HP Certified Professional Homepage]
* [http://www.prometric.com Prometric Homepage]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
ProCurve — Infobox Company company name = ProCurve Networking company company type = Division of HP foundation = 2000 location = Roseville, California, United States key people = Mark Hurd (President, CEO and Chairman of HP) Marius Haas (SVP, GM of… … Wikipedia
Mission: SPACE — Epcot Land Future World Designer Walt Disney Imagineering Manufacturer Environmental Tectonics Corporation … Wikipedia
Computacenter — Type Public (LSE: CCC) Industry … Wikipedia
Spanning tree protocol — The Spanning Tree Protocol is an OSI layer 2 protocol that ensures a loop free topology for any bridged LAN. It is based on an algorithm invented by Radia Perlman while working for Digital Equipment Corporationcite… … Wikipedia