- A Sunny Day in Glasgow
Infobox musical artist
Name = A Sunny Day in Glasgow
Landscape = yes
Background = group_or_band
Dream pop, Noise pop, Ambient
Mis Ojos Discos
URL = [http://www.asunnydayinglasgow.com/asdg A Sunny Day in Glasgow]
Current_members = Ben Daniels
A Sunny Day in Glasgow are a brother-and-sisters pop group from Philadelphia, formed in 2006.
A Sunny Day in Glasgow began as a collaboration between friends Ben Daniels and Ever Nalens, both of whom had recently returned to
Philadelphiaafter several years in the UK[Margaret Reges, All Music Guide] . The band name came from Nalens, who had been living in Glasgow, and Daniels kept it after Nalens left the project [Jeremy Krinsley "INTERVIEW: Ben Daniels of A SUNNY DAY IN GLASGOW, http://www.imposemagazine.com/mag/index.php/2007/06/28/interview-ben-daniels-of-a-sunny-day-in-glasgow/] . Daniels also asked his twin sisters, Robin and Lauren, to start singing on the songs they had been working on.
In March 2006 the band collected several songs and released them as an EP titled, "
The Sunniest Day Ever". The EP received attention from College Radio, charting #1 on NYU's WNYU, as well as music blogs, with Pitchforkcontributing an early, favorable review. [Margaret Reges, All Music Guide] [Jessica Suarez, Pitchfork, http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/track_review/37864-cmon]
Fallof 2006 the band signed to Notenuf Recordsand eventually released their debut LP, " Scribble Mural Comic Journal" in February 2007. [Jeff Klingman, "Interview with Ben Daniels of A Sunny Day in Glasgow", The Merry Swankster] The record received widespread critical acclaim with Pitchforkgiving the record an "8.0" and "Recommended" rating, while Drowned in Soundgave the album a "9/10" and called it a "contender for album of the year." [Marc Hogan, Pitchfork, http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/41732-scribble-mural-comic-journal] [Ben Yates, Drowned in Sound, http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1973180] The band compiled outtakes from earlier recording sessions and released them as the " Tout New Age EP" in the Summerof 2007.
Ben Daniels - Music
Robin Daniels - Vocals, keyboards
Lauren Daniels - Vocals, keyboardsJosh - Drums
The Sunniest Day Ever EP" (March 2006)
Scribble Mural Comic Journal" ( February 13, 2007)
Tout New Age EP" ( July 10, 2007)
(cult of) The Cemetery Flowers (mandolins version) 7"" ( July 8, 2008)
* [http://www.asunnydayinglasgow.com A Sunny Day in Glasgow] Web site
* [http://www.myspace.com/sunnydayinglasgow A Sunny Day in Glasgow]
* [http://www.notenuf.net Notenuf Records] Web site
* [http://wc10.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:3jfqxqlsldse~T1 A Sunny Day in Glasgow, All Music Guide Overview]
* [http://www.imposemagazine.com/mag/index.php?s=unhappier IMPOSE Magazine]
* [http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/track_review/37864-cmon Pitchfork Track Review]
* [http://www.merryswankster.com/archives/2006/10/interview_with_1.html The Merry Swankster]
* [http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/41732-scribble-mural-comic-journal Pitchfork Record Review]
* [http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1973180 Drowned in Sound Record Review]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.