- Dakila Cua
Dakila 'Dax' Carlo E. Cua is the elected governor of the province of Quirino in the May 2007 Elections. He was previously Vice-Governor of the same province. Dax Cua comes from a family of politicians. His father, Junie E. Cua, and his mother, Ma. Angela E. Cua, were former Representatives of the lone district of Quirino.
Gov. Dax, as he is more popularly known, finished elementary and secondary education at Xavier School in Greenhills. He graduated from the University of the Philippines with a degree in Business Administration.
Cua joined various organizations during his stay in UP. He is the former vice chairperson of the UP Junior Marketing Association, a former logistics officer of the Interschool Junior Marketing Association, and was also a member of the UP CBA basketball team.
His knowledge in business administration influenced him to establish his own business, DAX Trade Enterprises and I-Plus Computer and Business Center. He was also the business development adviser of PEDAI.
Cua introduced many programs and activities in his province while he was Vice Governor. He aimed at promoting the interests of the youth to participate in the development of the province. He championed the welfare and future of the youth of Quirino. He founded the Movement for the Integrated Development of the Youth (MIDY -NAMED AFTER THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE) aimed at developing the holistic well-being of the youth. Leadership trainings, academic contests, Youth In Sync, Vice Governor’s Cup and the recently launched “Iyong Serbisyo, Sagot sa Edukasyon Mo” (ISSEM) scholarship project were among his regular programs.
Dax Cua also regularly conducted outreach medical missions to the barangays giving free health services and medicines, thereby improving the health conditions of the constituents. He was also supportive of non-government organizations and civic organizations concerned with human resource and livelihood development of the province.
With his contributions to the province, his taking the gubernatorial seat would mean more programs and projects aimed to develop Quirino.
As the Governor
During his campaign, he presented a platform which had a theme, "Healing Quirino". This theme focused on the following aspects for development to better the quality of life of the people of Quirino:
- Health – a community where people has sound mind and body can do better and work harmoniously and productively towards the attainment of a common goal.
- Education – the people should be expected to understand the social reality in which they live as a fundamental part of their learning activity and it is thru education that they can participate actively in decision-making processes for their good.
- Agriculture – one of the basic needs of man is food and by ensuring food security, people will be able to think, work and be partners of the government in development.
- Livelihood – the application of knowledge and skills will help an individual boost his self-esteem and eventually use these to achieve a better quality of life.
- Infrastructure – roads, bridges, school buildings, irrigation and potable water system, farm-to-market roads, sports centers, communication facilities.
- Natural Resources Sustainable Management - The province is endowed with nature’s wonders and resources that when managed properly shall provide boundless opportunities for tourism and investment, without sacrificing the ecosystem.
- Good Governance – assurance of check and balance in all transactions of government spells transparency; while, sound fiscal management ensures that the public money is given back to the people in the form of quality services.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Quirino — Infobox Philippine province name = Quirino sealfile = Ph seal quirino.png region = Cagayan Valley (Region II) capital = Cabarroguis founded = June 18, 1966 pop2000 = 148,575 pop2000rank = 8th smallest popden2000 = 49 popden2000rank = 2nd lowest… … Wikipedia
Xavier School — Infobox K 12 School native name = Paaralang Xavier 光启学校/光啓學校 name = motto = Luceat Lux Let your light shine! (Matthew 5:16) vision = Men fully alive, endowed with a passion for justice, and the skills for development. established = 1957 chairman … Wikipedia
Provincia de Quirino — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Provincia de Quirino … Wikipedia Español