- Chelsea TV
Chelsea TV Launched 13 August 2001 Owned by Chelsea FC
Audience share N/A (No data available, ) Website www.chelseafc.com Availability Satellite Sky Digital Channel 421 meo (Portugal) Channel 98 IPTV TalkTalk TV Channel 565 Alice Home TV (Italy) Channel 286 meo (Portugal) Channel 98 Internet television Yalp.alice.it Live Streaming
Chelsea TV is a British subscription based sports television channel, dedicated to the fans of the English Premier League football club, Chelsea. The channel first launched in August 2001 on Sky Digital. The station is registered with Ofcom as Chelsea Digital Media Ltd. It broadcasts daily from 10am to midnight. Until it was removed in early 2010, it used to be broadcasted in Channel 427 on UPC Ireland.
Chelsea TV broadcasts live everyday from 10am to midnight from the studios at Stamford Bridge.
Top shows include Friday Night Live which broadcasts each Friday with former players Kerry Dixon and Jason Cundy. Friday Night Live allows fans to call in and share their views on all things Chelsea. The show regularly has first team players join the phone-in, the 2009/10 season has seen Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, Mikel, Malouda and Kalou all answer the fans' questions.
Live build-up to midweek games is on Matchnight Live which broadcasts from 6pm and has previews to the game, team news first and analysis. Every midweek game follows with a live fans' phone-in from 10pm. Chelsea TV is the only place to watch the Chelsea Reserves and Academy Teams in action. Reserves Live has full coverage of every Reserve game some of which take place at Griffin Park in the London Borough of Hounslow, the home ground of Brentford.
You can find out the latest news on Blues News. This is the daily news programme with headlines at 1pm and 5pm followed by a full news bulletin at 6.30 pm and 10 pm. Paper View broadcasts live from the studios every Thursday with the finest Fleet Street reporters discussing the news surrounding the club. Inside Cobham shows the week's training sessions and exclusive players interviews from the Chelsea's training ground in Cobham, Surrey. Exclusive interviews from the first team players and management can be seen on The Big Interview. Many new shows and series are shown throughout the year. In 2009 a new fans' post-match phone-in was introduced called "Extra time at the Bridge" this allows fans' to share their views after every weekend home game by calling the studio or emailing Chelsea TV.
In December 2007 the station had to make a public apology after former Chelsea player David Speedie, who was a guest on the Big Match Countdown show, kept punctuating his analysis with swear words. With the programme screened pre-watershed at 6 pm, it led to presenter Neil Barnett having to make repeated apologies.
The channel has various presenters, including former players Jason Cundy, Tommy Langley, Scott Minto and Kerry Dixon. Regular hosts include Gigi Salmon, Alison Bender, Ben Andrews as well as Neil Barnett.
Chelsea matches are mainly commentated by Trevor Harris, Ben Andrews (who hosted the 2007 League Cup Final, 2007 FA Cup Final and 2008 UEFA Champions League Final), Mark Tompkins, Dan Roebuck and Gary Taphouse. Cundy is often co-commentator and is highly enthusiastic when Chelsea score in big games. 
Gigi Salmon currently presents many shows on the channel and has been a Chelsea TV station presenter since the channel was launched in August 2001. Some of the programmes she presents include Blues News and Matchnight Live and Paperview.  Neil Barnett has been presenting since the launch of the channel in August 2001. He began working for The Blues in the 1980s writing articles for the club's magazine.
In the UK Chelsea TV can be viewed on Sky Digital channel 421.
Chelsea TV can be watched in many regions around the world including:
- North America : www.setantanorthamerica.com (Setanta Sports)
- Africa : www.supersport.co.za (Supersport)
- Pan Middle East : www.art-tv.net (ART)
- Australia : www.setanta.com.au (Setanta Sports)
- Pan Asia ex China, Korea & Japan : www.goal.tv (Goal TV)
- Bulgaria : www.btv.bg/sport (Ring.BG)
- Cyprus : www.mivision.com.cy (CYTA)
- Denmark : www.viasat.dk (Viasat / MTG)
- Estonia : www.viasat.ee (Viasat / MTG)
- Finland : www.viasat.fi (Viasat / MTG)
- Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia : www.sportklub.tv (IKO)
- Germany, Austria : www.premiere.tv (Premiere)
- Greece : www.skai.gr (SKAI)
- Iceland : www.stod2sport2.is (Digital Iceland (IBC/365)
- Kazakhstan : www.football-tv.ru (Loranza)
- Latvia : www.viasat.lv (Viasat / MTG)
- Lithuania : www.viasat.lt (Viasat / MTG)
- Malta : www.melitacable.com (Melita Cable)
- Malta : www.go.com.mt (GO)
- Norway : www.viasat.no (Viasat / MTG)
- Poland : www.polsat.com.pl (Polsat)
- Russia: www.football-tv.ru (Loranza)
- Sweden : www.viasat.se (Viasat / MTG)
- Turkey : (Mediaeye)
Chelsea TV Online
Launched on the 1st July, Chelsea TV Online is a new way to view Chelsea TV via a PC or Mac, even if you do not have a subscription to Sky.
Chelsea TV Online is powered by the club’s internet partner Perform, with content from the Sky channel, Chelsea TV and includes exclusive interviews, live press conferences, Bridge Kids and many behind the scenes features, exclusive to Chelsea TV
For the first time, Chelsea TV Online enables fans to watch all this and more, from anywhere in the world, using their PC or MAC and a 16:9 high quality flash player.
In addition to the live events and video on demand content, fans are also in for a treat when the season kicks off. For true Blues fans that can’t make it to the game, Chelsea TV Online comes into its own with an online match day experience second to none including match previews and extended highlights plus a fantastic Match Live centre enabling fans to listen to live commentary of every game. A visual representation of key events, includes live text commentary, interactive match stats and live photo updates and whilst fans can use social networking tools to chat to each other about the in game action
Subscriptions start from £4.49 a month and allows international fans access content that otherwise would not be available to them.
- ^ "Licence Details for Chelsea TV". Ofcom. http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/tvlicensing/cs/531./htm. Retrieved 12 October 2008. [dead link]
- ^ "Chelsea TV - Programmes for every Blue". Chelsea FC. http://www.chelseafc.com/page/ChelseaTV/0,,10268,00.html. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- ^ "Speedie turning the air Blue as Chelsea TV suffers from the curse of the footballer". Daily Mail. 13 December 2007. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-501769/Speedie-turning-air-Blue-Chelsea-TV-suffers-curse-footballer.html. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- ^ "The Chelsea TV Team". Chelsea FC. http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Chelsea_TV_Details/0,,10268~1328553,00.html. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
- ^ "Gigi Salmon". Chelsea FC. http://www.chelseafc.com/page/ChelseaTVTVTeamDetails/0,,10268~910196,00.html. Retrieved 12 October 2008.
Chelsea Football Club Home stadium Other teams MediaChelsea TV Rivalries Other
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chelsea — may refer to: Chelsea (beverage), a carbonated, low alcohol beverage Chelsea boots Chelsea bun, a cake Chelsea chic Contents 1 People 2 Places … Wikipedia
Chelsea F.C. — Chelsea Football Club Pour les articles homonymes, voir Chelsea. Chelsea FC … Wikipédia en Français
Chelsea FC — Chelsea Football Club Pour les articles homonymes, voir Chelsea. Chelsea FC … Wikipédia en Français
Chelsea fc — Chelsea Football Club Pour les articles homonymes, voir Chelsea. Chelsea FC … Wikipédia en Français
Chelsea L.F.C. — Chelsea Ladies Full name Chelsea Ladies Football Club Nickname(s) The Blues Ground Imperial Fields … Wikipedia
Chelsea — steht für: Chelsea (Vorname), ein Vorname FC Chelsea, ein Londoner Fußballclub Chelsea Boot, ein knöchelhoher Stiefel mit beidseitigem Elastikeinsatz Chelsea (Band), eine Band mit Sänger Billy Idol Chelsea Hotel, ein bekanntes Hotel in Chelsea… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chelsea TV — Chelsea Television … Википедия
Chelsea — Chelsea, AL U.S. town in Alabama Population (2000): 2949 Housing Units (2000): 1091 Land area (2000): 10.043688 sq. miles (26.013031 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.044467 sq. miles (0.115170 sq. km) Total area (2000): 10.088155 sq. miles (26.128201 … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places
Chelsea — se localiza en el lado oeste de Manhattan, Nueva York. Se ecuentra al sur de Hell s Kitchen y el Garment District, Su límite al sur es la calle 14 Oeste. Chelsea toma su monbre de la casa estilo Federal que fue el lugar de nacimiento de “Clement… … Enciclopedia Universal
Chelsea, AL — U.S. town in Alabama Population (2000): 2949 Housing Units (2000): 1091 Land area (2000): 10.043688 sq. miles (26.013031 sq. km) Water area (2000): 0.044467 sq. miles (0.115170 sq. km) Total area (2000): 10.088155 sq. miles (26.128201 sq. km)… … StarDict's U.S. Gazetteer Places