- List of United States Navy enlisted warfare designations
United States Navyenlisted warfare designations represent the achievement of a qualification and entitles the member to wear the associated insignia. When awarded in accordance with appropriate guidelines, enlisted sailors are authorized to placed the designator in parentheses immediately after the member’s rate abbreviation, for example, MM1(SW) Smith, HM2(CAC) Jones. In cases of multiple designators, the designators are separated by a forward slash enclosed in parentheses, for example, MM1(SW/AW) Smith, HM2(FMF/CAC) Jones.
* (AW) - Aviation Warfare Specialist
* (CAC) - Marine Combat Aircrew [http://www.usmc.mil/maradmins/maradmin2000.nsf/37f49138fc3d9c00852569b9000af6b7/67411c59c92ae0b8852572430009691d?OpenDocument MARADMIN 2000]
* (NAC) - Naval Aircrewman
Surface Warfare community
* (SW) - Surface Warfare Specialist
Undersea Warfare community
* (SS) - Submarine Warfare Specialist (or "Qualified in Submarines")
* (SU) - "In training for submarine qualifications"
* (SQ) - "Qualified in submarines, but not planned for future assignment to submarine duty."
* (SG) - "Qualified in submarines, but not in submarine source rating; not detailed by the submarine community."
* (SP) - "Previously assigned in submarines; assigned only to those personnel disqualified for submarine duty and serving in a submarine support billet; detailed by the submarine community, but not to be reassigned to submarine duty without prior approval of NAVPERSCOM."
* (IUSS) - Integrated Undersea Surveillance System Specialist
Marine Corps support community
* (CAC) - Marine Combat Aircrew
* (FMF) - Fleet Marine Force Warfare Specialist
* (PJ) - Basic Parachutist or Navy and Marine Corps Parachutist
* (FPJ) - Free Fall Parachutist
= Diver community =
* (DV) - Diver - applies to personnel with Navy Enlisted Classifications: :: 5311 - Saturation Diver:: 5342 - Diver First Class :: 5343 - Diver Second Class:: 5345 - SCUBA Diver :: 5392 - Naval Special Warfare Medic:: HM-8403 - Fleet Marine Force Reconnaissance Independent Duty Corpsman:: HM-8427 - Fleet Marine Force Reconnaissance Corpsman:: HM-8493 - Medical Deep Sea Diving Technician:: HM-8494 - Deep Sea Diving Independent Duty Corpsman
* (MDV) - Master Diver - applies to personnel with Navy Enlisted Classifications::: 5341 - Master Diver :: 5346 - Master Saturation Diver
* (DSW) -
Diving Salvage Warfare Specialist
Special Warfare community
* (SEAL) - Naval Special Warfare Specialist; a designator for Special Warfare Operator (SO) rating
* (SWCC) -
Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen; a designator for Special Warfare Boat Operator(SB) rating
* (EWS) - Explosive Ordnance Disposal Warfare Specialist
* (EOD) - "no longer used; see (EWS)"
Expeditionary Warfare community
* (EXW) - Expeditionary Warfare Specialist
= Construction community =
* (SCW) - Seabee Combat Warfare Specialist
* [http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/upd_CD/BUPERS/MILPERS/MILPERSMAN%20%201220%20%20-%20ENLISTED.PDF MILPERSMAN]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of United States Navy ratings — From left to right: a Special Warfare Operator 1st Class and a Boatswain s Mate 2nd Class. United States Navy ratings are general occupations that consist of specific skills and abilities. Each naval rating has its own specialty badge, which is… … Wikipedia
United States Navy — USN redirects here. For other uses, see USN (disambiguation). United States Navy Un … Wikipedia
United States Navy officer rank insignia — Contents 1 Rank categories 2 Rank and promotion system 3 Commissioned Officer Ranks … Wikipedia
List of United States military bases — Map of the major U.S. military installations, ranges and training areas in the continental United States … Wikipedia
United States Navy Reserve — Emblem Logo … Wikipedia
List of current ships of the United States Navy — Harry S. Truman visits Greece 2002 This is a list of current ships of the United States Navy. There are more than 400 ships believed to be in active service with the United States Navy, on reserve, or under construction, based on public reports… … Wikipedia
United States Navy in World War II — Main article: Military history of the United States during World War II The United States Navy grew rapidly in World War II (1941 45), and played the central role in the war against Japan, and a major role in the wars against Germany and Italy.… … Wikipedia
Badges of the United States Navy — Insignia and badges of the United States Navy are military badges issued by the United States Department of the Navy to naval service members who achieve certain qualifications and accomplishments while serving on both active and reserve duty in… … Wikipedia
Uniforms of the United States Navy — 1917 recruiting poster for the United States Navy, featuring a woman wearing the most widely recognized uniform, the enlisted dress blues. This article examines dress uniforms, daily service uniforms, working uniforms, special situations, and the … Wikipedia
History of the United States Navy — United States Navy … Wikipedia