- Masanjia Labor Camp
Masanjia Labor Camp (马三家劳教所) is in Masanjia Town in Yuhong district in the Liaoning province of China. It also is called the Ideology Education School of Liaoning Province and was opened under China's re-education through labor, or 'laojiao' policy. It is claimed by Falun Gong supporters that several thousand Falun Gong pratictioners were detained at Mansanjia Labor Camp from 1999 to 2007. Dr. Veron Mei-ying Hung reported to the United States Congressional Executive Commission on China in 2002 that:
China has not disclosed the exact number of Falun Gong followers held in re-education through labor camps. But it confirmed in January 2001 that at least 470 followers were held at the Masanjia Education-Through-Labour Education Institution in Liaoning Province and the official media reported in August 2001 that “th[is] camp has also succeeded in `re-educating’ more than 90 per cent of the 1,000 female Falun Gong members housed there.” 
On August 23, 2001, spokesman Zhang Yuanyuan of the Chinese embassy in the United States denied a claim that "130 Falun Gong practitioners at the Masanjia Rehabilitation Center in China's Liaoning Province have been on hunger strike for more than 20 days in protest of the so-called extension of their terms".
The Labor Camp includes a women’s section and the penal labor they do as part of their sentence is mainly that of textile production. According to Falun Gong websites, the workshops there have mainly processed and produced toxic arts and crafts products for profit, many of them for export, over the past few years and eighteen female practitioners were stripped naked and forced into the cells of male criminals to be repeatedly raped and abused.  The directors of Masanjia in 2003 were believed to be Sun Fengwu, Zhang Chaoying and Su Jing.  According to the People's Daily it is the institution most heavily attacked by Li Hongzhi and his organisation.  The Falun Gong organisation abroad claimed many members of Falun Gong had been tortured.  It is near Sujiatun prison camp.  Inmates lead an easy life according to the People's Daily.  Most Masanjia Labor Camp Falun Gong practitioners have been moved to Sujiatun Concentration Camp.  Masanjia Labor camp has been mentioned in a U.N. Special Rapporteur report.  It is connected to Masanjia Xinsheng Farm. 
- ^ "Liaoning Masanjia". http://wordpress.com/tag/liaoning-masanjia/.
- ^ "Liaoning Masanjia Labor Camp". http://chinaview.wordpress.com/category/social/politics/labor-camp/liaoning-masanjia/.
- ^ a b "Falun Gong Human Rights Working Group". http://www.flghrwg.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=1330&Itemid=0.
- ^ Mei-ying Hung, Veron. "Protection of Human Rights in the Context of Punishment of Minor Crimes in China". United States Congressional Executive Commission on China. http://www.cecc.gov/pages/roundtables/072602/hung.php#_ftnref45. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- ^ "Falun Gong's Fabrication About Masanjia Will Get Nowhere". http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/zt/ppflg/t36596.htm.
- ^ "Clear Harmony". http://clearharmony.net/articles/200710/41707.html.
- ^ "Falun Dafa". http://www.falundafa-florida.org/Persecution/persecution_china.htm.
- ^ "Falun Gong Woman Exhibits Torture Injuries, Dies in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp". http://www.faluninfo.net/displayAnArticle.asp?ID=7667.
- ^ "People's Daily". http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/english/200105/24/eng20010524_70866.html.
- ^ Gittings, John (February 20, 2001). "the guardian". The Guardian (London). http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,440270,00.html. Retrieved May 12, 2010.
- ^ "Friends of Falun Gong USA". http://www.fofg.org/news/news_story.php?doc_id=1266.
- ^ "People's Daily". http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/english/200102/18/eng20010218_62663.html.
- ^ "Epoch Times". http://en.epochtimes.com/news/6-3-10/39111.html.
- ^ "Justice for Falun Gong". http://www.flgjustice.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=748&Itemid=1.
- ^ "laogai.org". http://www.laogai.org/hdbook/liaoning.htm.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.