- Martha Holmes (broadcaster)
Martha Holmes is a BAFTA award winning BBC Television producer and writer known for her wildlife documentaries.
Holmes studied for a PhD in marine biology at the University of York.
She started work at the BBC in 1988 hosting a live underwater broadcast from the northern Red Sea for Reefwatch, and the award-winning wildlife adventures series Sea Trek.
The Good Fish Guide
Holmes joined a conservationist campaign to boycott 20 varieties of fish because of the impact of over-fishing on their numbers and the environment.Many people are aware of the over-fishing problem, but would like to learn about the bigger picture and know how they can make a difference.—Martha Holmes
She wrote the introduction to the The Good Fish Guide which accompanied the campaign.
- Reefwatch (1988), presenter
- Sea Trek (1991), presenter
- Life in the Freezer (1993) production team
- BBC Wildlife Specials: Polar Bear (1997), producer
- The Blue Planet (2001), producer
- The Nile (2004), series producer
- The Man-Eating Lions of Njombe (2005), producer
- The Man-Eating Leopard of Rudraprayag (2005), producer
- The Man-Eating Wolves of Gysinge (2005), producer
- The Making of 'Deep Blue' (2006), segment producer
- Holmes, Martha (October 17, 1991). Sea Trek. BBC Books (hardcover). ISBN 978-0563360919.
- Byatt, Andrew; Alastair Fothergill & Martha Holmes (September 27, 2001). The Blue Planet. BBC Books (hardcover). ISBN 978-0563384984.
- Holmes, Martha; Gavin Maxwell & Tim Scoones (February 19, 2004). Nile. BBC Books (hardcover). ISBN 978-0563487135.
This biographical article related to BBC Television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.