- Cut Copy
Cut Copy performing at Le Point Ephémère in Paris, France, 29 February 2008
Background information Origin Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Genres Electropop, synthpop, indietronica, dance-punk Years active 2001–present Labels Modular Website cutcopy.net Members Dan Whitford
Past members Bennett Foddy
Cut Copy are an Australian electronic band formed in 2001 by Dan Whitford on vocals, keyboard and guitar. Other members are Tim Hoey on guitar and sampler, Ben Browning on bass guitar and Mitchell Scott on drums. Their second album, In Ghost Colours peaked at number-one on the ARIA Albums Chart in 2008. In 2011, Cut Copy's next album, Zonoscope reached number-three.
Cut Copy was formed as an electronic band in 2001 in Melbourne. It was the solo-project of Dan Whitford, a DJ and graphic designer. Whitford released a single "1981" and an extended play, I Thought of Numbers on Modular Recordings by September. In 2003, he recruited additional members Bennett Foddy, Tim Hoey and Mitchell Scott. In April 2004, Cut Copy released their debut LP, Bright Like Neon Love. The album was written and produced by front-man Whitford. Foddy left the group in mid-2004 to study for his Ph.D.
In 2005, the trio toured internationally for the first time, visiting London, New York City and Los Angeles. They have toured with international acts Franz Ferdinand, The Presets, Junior Senior, Bloc Party, and Mylo. In December 2007, the group toured Australia with Daft Punk on the Nevereverland tour, the Sydney leg of which attracted a crowd of almost 50,000.
In 2007 the band had announced the completion of their second album, In Ghost Colours, but its Australian release was delayed until 22 March 2008 to co-ordinate with its international release. In Ghost Colours debuted on the ARIA Albums Chart at number-one.
In 2008, "Lights and Music" was used in FIFA 09. "Far Away" was played on Nip/Tuck, a United States TV series, on one of its final episodes, in a club scene. In July 2010, radio station Triple J broadcast the teaser track "Where I'm Going", ahead of their third album, Zonoscope. The band confirmed they had officially become a four-piece with the addition of bass guitarist Ben Browning. "Where I'm Going" is the theme song of RIM's BlackBerry PlayBook's sneak-preview video, which was released in September 2010.
Zonoscope peaked at number-three in February 2011. The band had premiered its first official single, "Take Me Over", in November 2010 on Triple J's breakfast show with Tom & Alex. In an interview with The Music Network, guitarist Tim Hoey described it as "certainly one of the more pop moments on the album."
In March, the group headlined the Ultra Music Festival in Miami. In June, they played for the first time at Indie Fest, in Puerto Rico and later at the Zappa Club and the Barby Club, in Tel Aviv. In July of 2011, they performed to an audience of 25,000 at the Camp Bisco Ten festival in Mariaville, NY. On September 10, 2011 Cut Copy played the Virgin Mobile FreeFest in Columbia, Maryland. 
- Dan Whitford – vocals, keyboard, guitar
- Tim Hoey – guitar, sampler
- Mitchell Scott – drums
- Ben Browning – bass guitar
- Bennett Foddy – bass, synth
Year Album Details Peak chart positions Certification AUS
FIN CAN IRE UK US Billboard 200 US Dance/ Electronic Albums 2004 Bright Like Neon Love
- Record Label: Modular Recordings
– – – – – – – 2008 In Ghost Colours
- Record Label: Modular Recordings
1 32 – – – 167 6 2011 Zonoscope
- Record Label: Modular Recordings
3 – 33 65 82 46 2
- I Thought of Numbers (2001, Modular Recordings)
- Hearts on Fire (2007, Modular Recordings)
- Far Away (2008, Modular Recordings)
- "1981" 7" (2001, Modular Recordings)
- "Drop The Bomb" (2001, Modular Recordings)
- "Glittering Clouds" (2001, Modular Recordings)
- "Rendezvous" (2001, Modular Recordings)
- "Saturdays" (2004, Modular Recordings)
- "That was Just a Dream" (2004, Modular Recordings)
- "Future" (2005, Modular Recordings)
- "Going Nowhere" (2005, Modular Recordings) IRE #48
- "Hearts on Fire" (2007, Modular Recordings)
- "So Haunted" (2007, Modular Recordings)
- "Lights & Music" (2008, Modular Recordings) AUS #64, AUS Dance #8
- "Hearts on Fire" (2008 Edit), (2008, Modular Recordings) AUS #98, AUS Dance #9, BEL #70
- "Far Away" (2008, Modular Recordings)
- "Where I'm Going" (2010, Modular Recordings)
- "Take Me Over" (2010, Modular Recordings)
- "Need You Now" (2011, Modular Recordings)
- "Blink And You'll Miss A Revolution" (2011, Modular Recordings)
- Lino: "Auger Well" (2001, Virgin Records Australia)
- Noonday Underground: "The Light Brigade" (2003)
- VHS or Beta: "Night on Fire" (2004, EMI)
- Midnight Juggernauts: "45 And Rising" (2005, Cutters)
- Love Of Diagrams: "No way out" (2005, Unstable Ape)
- The Presets: "Girl and the Sea" (Resets, 2006)
- Van She: "Kelly" (2006)
- Midnight Juggernauts: "Dystopia" (2007)
- Maroon 5: "This Love" (2007)
- Cansei De Ser Sexy: "Move" (2008, Warner Music UK)
- Mercy Arms: "Kept Low" (2008)
- Kaiser Chiefs: "Never Miss A Beat" (2008)
- Ladyhawke: "Paris Is Burning" (2008, Modular Recordings)
- Munk: "You Never See Me Back Down" (2009, Gomma Dance Tracks)
- The Juan Maclean "Happy House" (2009, Popfrenzy)
- Death Cab for Cutie "Doors Unlocked and Open" (2011)
- ^ Mason, Stewart. "Cut Copy: Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p653503/biography. Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- ^ "Cut Copy Artist Profile". CentralStation.com.au. http://www.centralstation.com.au/profiles/Cut_Copy/. Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- ^ a b c "Discography Cut Copy". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien. http://australian-charts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=Cut+Copy. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- ^ Cashmere, Paul (1 April 2008). "Number One For Cut Copy Is A Bittersweet Victory". Undercover.com.au. http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=4417. Retrieved 11 May 2008.
- ^ "EA’s FIFA Soccer 09 soundtrack scores". EA Sports. 14 August 2008. http://www.fifa09.ea.com/us/readnews/entryid/25050. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
- ^ Treuen, Jason. "Cut Copy to premiere Where I'm Going this Friday". The Music Network. http://www.themusicnetwork.com/music-news/artists/2010/07/15/exclusive-cut-copy-to-premiere-where-im-going-this-friday/. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- ^ "Cut Copy discuss new single ahead of Tuesday premiere". The Music Network. http://www.themusicnetwork.com/music-news/artists/2010/11/19/cut-copy-to-premiere-new-single-take-me-over-this-tuesday/. Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- ^ http://virginmobilefestival.com/
- ^ ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2009 Albums
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cut Copy — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Cut Copy Información personal Origen Melbourne, Australia … Wikipedia Español
Cut Copy — à Point Éphémère à Paris en 2008. Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
Cut Copy — Cut Copy, 2008 Основная информация … Википедия
Cut copy — [[Файл:фото|220px|фото]] Основная информация Жанр Электропоп, синти поп, Indie dance Годы … Википедия
Cut Copy — Chartplatzierungen (vorläufig) Vorlage:Infobox Chartplatzierungen/Wartung/vorläufige Chartplatzierung Erklärung der Daten … Deutsch Wikipedia
Cut, copy, and paste — Cut and paste redirects here. For the hack writing strategy, see Cut and paste job. Copy Paste redirects here. For the album by BoA, see Hurricane Venus. In human computer interaction, cut and paste and copy and paste offer user interface… … Wikipedia
Copy — may refer to: to copy a word from a book to a paper or laptop or computer Copying or the product of copying (including the plural copies ); the duplication of information or an artifact. Cut, copy, and paste, a method of reproducing text or other … Wikipedia
Cut — may refer to: The act of cutting, the separation of an object into two through acutely directed force Contents 1 Mathematics 2 Computing 3 … Wikipedia
Cut&Paste — Kontext Menü unter Windows Kopieren und Einfügen (engl. Copy and Paste, copy paste, copy’n’paste, abgekürzt C P) ist ein zweistufiges Prinzip der Übertragung von Daten zwischen Software Anwendungen. Zuerst werden die zu übertragenden Daten aus… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Cut-and-paste — Kontext Menü unter Windows Kopieren und Einfügen (engl. Copy and Paste, copy paste, copy’n’paste, abgekürzt C P) ist ein zweistufiges Prinzip der Übertragung von Daten zwischen Software Anwendungen. Zuerst werden die zu übertragenden Daten aus… … Deutsch Wikipedia