- Dodge (surname)
Dodge is a surname.
Those bearing it include:
- Henry Dodge (1782-1867), 19th-century politician
- Augustus C. Dodge (1812-1883), Congressional delegate for the Iowa Territory who became of its first senators
- William E. Dodge (1805–1883), one of the "merchant princes of Wall Street" during the 19th century
- Richard Irving Dodge (1827-1895), army officer and author
- Mary Mapes Dodge (1831–1905)
- Grenville M. Dodge (1831–1916), an army officer, railroad executive and politician ; Dodge City, Kansas is named after him
- John Francis Dodge (1864-1920), automobile pioneers and founders of Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company
- Horace Elgin Dodge (1868–1920), automobile pioneers and founders of Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company
- Joshua Eric Dodge (1854–1921) Wisconsin Supreme Court
- Marcellus Hartley Dodge, Jr. (1908-1930) child of Geraldine R. Dodge and Marcellus Hartley Dodge Sr., died in an automobile accident and made namesake of memorials at the Great Swamp, Princeton University, Columbia University, and in Madison, New Jersey
- Henry Percival Dodge (1870-1936)
- Johnnie Dodge (1894-1960), British army officer serving both world wars and 'Great Escaper'
- Marcellus Hartley Dodge, Sr. (1881-1963), philanthropist, owner and chairman of the Remington Arms Company, heir to the Hartley fortune, married Geraldine Rockefeller
- Joseph Dodge (1890-1964), American economist
- Frances Dodge (1914-1971) (Mrs. Frederick Van Lennep), major horse breeder and horsewoman
- Geraldine R. Dodge (1882-1973), née Ethel Geraldine Rockefeller, philanthropist, art patron, and dog breeder and judge - an heir to the vast Rockefeller fortune, married Marcellus H. Dodge Sr.
- Harold F. Dodge (1893-1976)
- David S. Dodge (born 1922), an academic administrator, long associated with the American University of Beirut
- Toby Dodge (fl. c. 2000), a British academic
- David A. Dodge, governor of the Bank of Canada between 2001-2008
This page or section lists people with the surname Dodge. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Dodge (disambiguation) — Dodge is a brand of automobiles and trucks. Dodge may also refer to: Contents 1 Places 2 People 3 Other … Wikipedia
Dodge — This unusual name, with the modern varients Doige and Doidge, has two possible origins, the first being from the medieval personal name Dogge a pet form of Roger , which in turn comes from the Anglo Saxon name Hrothgar , meaning fame spear . The… … Surnames reference
Kunio-kun — For Nekketsu Kōha Kunio kun, the first game in the series, see Renegade (video game). Kunio kun Arcade flyer of Nekketsu Kōha Kunio kun, the first game in the Kunio kun series. Developers Technōs Japan (1981 1996) M … Wikipedia
Gunsmoke — is an American radio and television Western drama series created by director Norman MacDonnell and writer John Meston. The stories take place in and around Dodge City, Kansas, during the settlement of the American West.The radio version ran from… … Wikipedia
Mysterious Dave Mather — Dave Mather, approx 1880 Born August 10, 1851 Connecticut, USA Died Unknown Occupation … Wikipedia
List of The Fast and the Furious characters — This is a list of characters from the The Fast and the Furious film series, consisting of The Fast and the Furious (2001), 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003), The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), Fast Furious (2009) and Fast Five (2011). Contents 1 … Wikipedia
Lee Iacocca — Infobox Celebrity name = Lee Iacocca image size = 220px caption = birth date = birth date and age|1924|10|15 birth place = Allentown, Pennsylvania death date = death place = occupation = Philanthropist, former Chrysler CEO, former Ford President… … Wikipedia
Mark Kermode — Kermode performing with the Dodge Brothers in 2009. Born Mark Fairey 2 July 1963 (1963 07 02) (age 48) Barnet, North London, England … Wikipedia
Dadge — This is a surname which as Dodge is particularly famous in America. Of English and Scottish origins it is recorded in several spellings including: Dogg, Doge, Dodge, Dadge, Doige, and Dodgson. It has two possible origins. The first is from the… … Surnames reference
Doige — This unusual name, with the modern varients Doige and Doidge, has two possible origins, the first being from the medieval personal name Dogge a pet form of Roger , which in turn comes from the Anglo Saxon name Hrothgar , meaning fame spear . The… … Surnames reference