- Greg Stein
Greg Stein (born
March 16, 1967in Portland, OR), living in San Francisco, CA, USA, is a programmer, speaker, sometime standards architect, and open-source softwareadvocate, appearing frequently at conferences and in interviews on the topic of open-source software development and use.
He is a director of the
Apache Software Foundation, and served as chairman from 21 August 2002 to 20 June 2007 [ [http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html Apache Software Foundation Board records] ] . He is also a member of the Python Software Foundation, was a director there from 2001-2002 [ [http://www.python.org/psf/records/board/history/ Python Software Foundation Board records] ] , and a maintainer of the Python programming language and libraries (active from 1999 to 2002) [ [http://svn.python.org/projects/ Python development records] ] .
Stein has been especially active in
version control systemsdevelopment. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, he helped develop the WebDAVHTTP versioning specification [ [http://webdav.org/ WebDAV.org] ] , and is the main author of [http://webdav.org/mod_dav mod_dav] , the first open-source implementation of WebDAV. He was one of the founding developers of the Subversion project ["Producing Open Source Software", [http://producingoss.com/en/setting-tone.html#code-review Chapter 2, "Practice Conspicuous Code Review"] (Karl Fogel, O'Reilly Media, 2005, ISBN 0-596-00759-0)] , and is primarily responsible for Subversion's WebDav networking layer.
Stein most recently worked as an engineering manager at
Oracle Corporation, eShop, Microsoft, CollabNet, and as an independent developer.
Greg regularly contributes to [http://www.sellyourfriends.com sellyourfriends.com] , a blog about the popular
* [http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/03/28/1427238 Ask Apache Software Foundation Chairman Greg Stein] "(
* [http://www.theserverside.com/tt/talks/videos/GregStein_BEA/56k/interview.html Video interview at dev2dev]
* [http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/07/1756208 Interview with Googles (sic) Greg Stein and Chris DiBona] "(
Slashdotinterview about the launch of Google's open-source code hosting platform)"
* [http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=109807 Apache's Greg Stein says commercial software's days are numbered] "(ComputerWorld / InfoWorld / MacWorld article)"
* [http://jmesnil.net/weblog/2006/03/22/highlights-of-greg-steins-keynote/ Highlights of Greg Stein’s keynote] "(A third-party summary of Stein's [http://www.eclipsecon.org/2006/Sub.do?id=106 keynote] at EclipseCon 2006)"
* [http://www.lyra.org/greg/ Homepage]
* [http://www.podtech.net/home/77/googles-greg-stein-infotalk-on-open-source Google's Greg Stein InfoTalk on Open Source]
* [http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F01E3D9163CF930A3575BC0A9629C8B63 In Competitive Move, I.B.M. Puts Code in Public Domain] "(
New York Timesarticle on IBM's donation of WebSphere to the Apache Software Foundation)"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Greg Bahnsen — Greg L. Bahnsen (September 17, 1948 ndash; December 11, 1995) was an influential Christian philosopher, apologist, and debater. He was an ordained minister in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church and a full time Scholar in Residence for the Southern… … Wikipedia
Greg Kinnear — Données clés Naissance 16 juin 1963 … Wikipédia en Français
Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen (Film) — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen Originaltitel Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone … Deutsch Wikipedia
Kissing Jessica Stein — Theatrical release poster Directed by Charles Herman Wurmfeld Produced by … Wikipedia
Kissing Jessica Stein — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel: Kissing Jessica Originaltitel: Kissing Jessica Stein Produktionsland: USA Erscheinungsjahr: 2001 Länge: 97 Minuten Originalsprache: englisch Altersfreigabe … Deutsch Wikipedia
Kissing jessica stein — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel: Kissing Jessica Originaltitel: Kissing Jessica Stein Produktionsland: USA Erscheinungsjahr: 2001 Länge: 97 Minuten Originalsprache: englisch Altersfreigabe … Deutsch Wikipedia
John Stein (guitarist) — John Stein, is a jazz guitarist, born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. His education includes a Bachelor of Music from Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts, where he is an associate professor.Musical BackgroundStein associates… … Wikipedia
ViewVC — Infobox Software name = ViewVC caption = Using ViewCVS to browse the ViewCVS repository developer = Greg Stein released = initial release|2001|12|10 latest release version = 1.0.5 latest release date = release date|2008|2|28 programming language … Wikipedia
ColdC — Paradigm(s) Prototype based Appeared in 1993 Designed by Greg Hudson Developer Greg Hudson (and others) Typing discipline dynamic … Wikipedia
MUD client — A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD, a type of multiplayer online game. Generally, a MUD client is a very basic telnet client that lacks VT100 terminal emulation and the capability to perform telnet negotiations. On… … Wikipedia