- Microsoft HealthVault
Microsoft HealthVault website
Developer(s) Microsoft Preview release Beta / October 4, 2007 Type Medical database Website http://healthvault.com
Microsoft HealthVault is a web-based platform from Microsoft to store and maintain health and fitness information. Started in October 2007, the website is accessible at www.healthvault.com and addresses both individuals and healthcare professionals.
A HealthVault record stores an individual's health information. Access to a record is through a HealthVault account, which may be authorized to access records for multiple individuals, so that a mother may manage records for each of her children or a son may have access to his father's record to help the father deal with medical issues. Access to the account is through Windows Live ID or a limited set of OpenID providers.
An individual interacts with their HealthVault record through the HealthVault site, or, more typically, through an application that talks to the HealthVault platform. When an individual first uses a HealthVault application, they are asked to authorize the application to access a specific set of data types, and those data types are the only ones the application can use. An individual can also share part (some data types) or whole of their health record with another interested individual such as a doctor, a spouse, a parent, etc.
HealthVault Connection Center allows health and fitness data to be transferred from devices (such as heart rate watches, blood pressure monitors and the Withings wifi bodyscale) into an individual's HealthVault record. It can also be used to find and download drivers for medical devices.
HealthVault supports a number of exchange formats including industry standards such as the Continuity of Care Document and the Continuity of Care Record. Support for industry standards makes it possible to integrate with many personal health record solutions.
HealthVault Web Applications
A comprehensive list of web applications is available at the HealthVault website. Some of the notable ones are listed below.
- ActivePHR. This is released by ActiveHealth
- HealthUnity PHR Gateway. This is released by HealthUnity
- PassportMD. This is released by PassportMD
- ^ "Microsoft Launches 'HealthVault' Records-Storage Site". PCMAG.com. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2191920,00.asp. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- ^ "Microsoft launches medical records site". globeandmail.com. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/v5/content/subscribe?user_URL=http://www.theglobeandmail.com%2Fservlet%2Fstory%2FRTGAM.20071004.wgtmsfthealth1004%2FBNStory%2FTechnology%2Fhome&ord=18107047&brand=theglobeandmail&force_login=true. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- ^ "The vault is open". economist.com. http://www.economist.com/research/articlesBySubject/displaystory.cfm?subjectid=348945&story_id=9916512. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- ^ Microsoft Launches Health Records Site
- ^ http://cln-online.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=666:microsoftscales&catid=49:wellness&Itemid=105
- ^ "Dr. Microsoft is now ready to see you". http://www.istartedsomething.com/20071004/microsoft-healthvault/. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- ^ "HealthVault Connection Center". http://www.healthvault.com/WhatIsConnectionCenter.htm. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- ^ "PHR integration". http://community.recordsforliving.com/forums/thread/1302.aspx. Retrieved 2009-02-09.
- Microsoft HealthVault
- Microsoft HealthVault Developer Center
- HealthVault Review: A Click away from Your Health Information
Microsoft Board of directors Operating systems Desktop software Mobile software Server software Technologies Web propertiesWebsites
Gaming HardwareReleasedPrototypesDiscontinued Education
Licensing Conferences Criticism Litigation Acquisitions
- Altamira Software
- Blue Ribbon Soundworks
- Calista Technologies
- Consumers Software
- FASA Studio
- Fast Search & Transfer
- GIANT Company Software
- Groove Networks
- Lionhead Studios
- Massive Incorporated
- Skype Communications
- Tellme Networks
- Twisted Pixel Games
- Vermeer Technologies
- Visio Corporation
- WebTV Networks
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Microsoft HealthVault — HealthVault es una plataforma desarrollada por Microsoft que permite la compartición de historias médicas online. El SDK es totalmente gratuito. Enlaces externos Oficiales Microsoft HealthVault Centro de Desarrollo Medios de comunicación El… … Wikipedia Español
Microsoft Office — Developer(s) Microsoft Initial release November 19, 1990; 21 years ago ( … Wikipedia
Microsoft Exchange Server — Developer(s) Microsoft Corporation Initial release June 11, 1996 (1996 06 11) Stable release Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 / A … Wikipedia
Microsoft Works — Developer(s) Microsoft Stable release 9.0 Development status Discontinued (The product is still available for sale, however it is being phased out in favor of Microsoft Office Starter and Basic Editions) Operatin … Wikipedia
Microsoft Certified Professional — (MCP) is a program of Professional certifications awarded by Microsoft. Individual certifications are awarded upon passing of one or more exams. The MCP program itself is designed for both IT Professionals and developers. Beneath the MCP program… … Wikipedia
Microsoft Office 2007 — applications shown on Windows Vista (clockwise from top left: Excel, Word, OneNote, PowerPoint … Wikipedia
Microsoft Surface — Developer(s) Microsoft Initial release April 17 … Wikipedia
Microsoft Visual Studio — Visual Studio 2010 SP1 editing a WPF application Developer(s) … Wikipedia
Microsoft SQL Server — Developer(s) Microsoft Stable release SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.50.2500.0 Service Pack 1) / July 11, 2011; 4 months ago … Wikipedia
Microsoft litigation — Microsoft has been involved in numerous high profile litigations over the history of the company, including cases against the United States, the European Union, and competitors. Contents 1 Governmental 1.1 Anti trust 1.1.1 European Union … Wikipedia