- Chris Evans (actor)
Evans at the Captain America: The First Avenger panel from the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con
Born Christopher Robert Evans
June 13, 1981 
Occupation Actor Years active 2000–present
Christopher Robert "Chris" Evans (born June 13, 1981) is an American actor. He played Cary Baston on the television series Opposite Sex, and transitioned to a film career, starring in several hits, including Not Another Teen Movie (2001), Fierce People (2005), Fantastic Four, sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007), and Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).
Chris Evans was born in Boston, Massachusetts and raised in the Boston suburb of Sudbury. His mother, Lisa Marie (née Capuano), is an artistic director at the Concord Youth Theater, and his father, G. Robert "Bob" Evans III, is a dentist. He is the nephew of U.S. Congressman Mike Capuano, who is his mother's brother. He has two sisters, Carly, a graduate of New York University's Tisch School and a high-school drama and English teacher, Shanna, and a younger brother, Scott, who was featured on the ABC soap opera One Life to Live. His mother is of half Italian and half Irish ancestry. Evans was raised Catholic, and graduated from Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School.
After filming wrapped on Not Another Teen Movie, Evans landed lead roles in The Perfect Score and Cellular, and then starred in two independent films in Chicago: Dirk Wittenborn's Fierce People, playing the sinister Bryce, and London, playing a strung-out drug user with relationship problems. He then played Johnny Storm, the superhero the Human Torch, in the 2005 comic book adaptation Fantastic Four. Evans reprised the role of the Human Torch in the 2007 sequel Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. That year he also starred as engineer turned astronaut Mace in Danny Boyle's science-fiction film Sunshine.
In 2008, Evans appeared in Street Kings, co-starring Keanu Reeves, and the Tennessee Williams play adaptation The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond, co-starring Bryce Dallas Howard and Ellen Burstyn. The following year he appeared in the science-fiction thriller Push, with Dakota Fanning and Camilla Belle. Evans performed his own fight scenes, which took weeks to film, and was bruised during filming. Also that year, Evans was ranked 474th in Forbes' "Star Currency" rankings, based on films' global box-office performance.
In 2010, he completed filming on co-directors Mark Kassen and Adam Kassen's Puncture in Houston, Texas. The film was selected to debut at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival as one of the Spotlight projects for the 10th anniversary of the festival. Also that year, Evans appeared in Sylvain White's The Losers, an adaptation of the comic-book series from the DC Comics imprint Vertigo. Evans then appeared in another comic-book adaptation, Edgar Wright's Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, where he portrayed Lucas Lee, one of Ramona Flowers' seven exes. Evans played the Marvel Comics character Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger, and will reprise the role in the film The Avengers and at least two sequels to Captain America.
Year Title Role Notes 2000 The Newcomers Judd Film debut 2001 Not Another Teen Movie Jake Wyler 2003 The Paper Boy Ben Thomas Short film 2004 The Perfect Score Kyle 2004 Cellular Ryan 2005 Fierce People Bryce Langley 2005 Fantastic Four Jonathan "Johnny" Storm / Human Torch Nominated — MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Team 2005 London Syd 2007 TMNT Casey Jones Voice 2007 Sunshine Mace 2007 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Jonathan "Johnny" Storm / Human Torch
- Nominated — Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure
- Nominated — Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie: Rumble
2007 The Nanny Diaries Hayden aka "Harvard Hottie" 2007 Battle for Terra Stewart Stanton Voice 2008 Street Kings Detective Paul Diskant 2008 The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond Jimmy Dobyne 2009 Push Nick Gant 2010 The Losers Jake Jensen 2010 Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Lucas Lee Nominated — Detroid Film Critics Society Award for Best Ensemble
Nominated — Scream Award for Best Vilain (shared with Satya Bhabha, Brandon Routh, Mae Whitman, Shota Saito, Keita Saito and Jason Schwartzman)
2011 Puncture Mike Weiss 2011 Captain America: The First Avenger Steven "Steve" Rogers / Captain America Nominated — Teen Choice Award for Choice Summer: Movie Actor
Scream Award for Best Superhero
2011 What's Your Number? Colin Shea 2012 The Avengers Steven "Steve" Rogers / Captain America
Year Title Role Notes 2000 Opposite Sex Cary Baston Lead Role 2000 The Fugitive Zack Lander Episode: "Guilt" 2001 Boston Public Neil Mavromates Episode: "Chapter Nine" 2002 Eastwick Adam TV film 2003 Skin Brian Episode: "Pilot" 2008 Robot Chicken Gobo Fraggle / Human Torch / Teacher / Pilot (voice) Episode: "Monstourage"
Voice Year Game Role Notes Country 2005 Fantastic Four Johnny Storm / The Human Torch U.S. 2011 Captain America: Super Soldier Steven "Steve" Rogers / Captain America U.S.
- ^ "World news". The Guardian (London). January 23, 2008. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/8556516.
- ^ Itzkoff, Dave (July 8, 2011). "Chris Evans in ‘Captain America: The First Avenger'". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/10/movies/chris-evans-in-captain-america-the-first-avenger.html.
- ^ a b Pai, Tanya. "America's Most Wanted", Boston, June 2011. WebCitation archive.
- ^ a b Marotta, Terry (July 19, 2007). "Grease is the word". Gatehouse News Service via Wicked Local Sudbury. http://www.wickedlocal.com/sudbury/columnists/x580418862. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- ^ a b Keck, William (September 9, 2004). "Chris Evans' career ready to sizzle". USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-09-09-chris-evans_x.htm. Retrieved December 10, 2007.
- ^ 
- ^ "Capuano to be joined by actor nephew at "Open Mike" Nov. 9". Wicked Local Somerville. Nov 6, 2009. http://www.wickedlocal.com/somerville/town_info/government/x1156078852/Capuano-to-be-joined-by-actor-nephew-at-Open-Mike-Nov-9. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- ^ Stickgold, Emma (July 21, 2010). "Rita Capuano; campaigned with vigor for husband, son; at 90". Boston Globe. http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/obituaries/articles/2010/07/21/rita_capuano_campaigned_with_vigor_for_husband_son_at_90/. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- ^ a b "Meet curious Chris". Deccan Herald. May 27, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. http://web.archive.org/web/20070929125532/http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/May272007/enter200705263888.asp. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- ^ . http://articles.boston.com/2010-07-21/bostonglobe/29300213_1_italian-fare-soda-bread-husband. [dead link]
- ^ "Sunshine - Chris Evans interview". IndieLondon.co.uk. http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Review/sunshine-chris-evans-interview. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- ^ "Push Comes to Shove for Chris Evans". Parade. February 4, 2009. http://www.parade.com/celebrity/celebrity-parade/archive/chris-evans-push-comes-to-shove.html?npId=171. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- ^ "Chris Evans: Star Currency (2009)". Forbes.com. http://star-currency.forbes.com/celebrity/chris-evans. Retrieved August 23, 2009.
- ^ Billington, Alex (July 13, 2009). "Complete Look at the Full Cast of Sylvain White's The Losers". FirstShowing.net. http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/07/13/complete-look-at-the-full-cast-of-sylvain-whites-the-losers/. Retrieved July 13, 2009.
- ^ Fischer, Russ (January 20, 2009). "A Handy Cast Guide To Scott Pilgrim Vs The World". Chud.com. http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/17846/1/A-HANDY-CAST-GUIDE-TO-SCOTT-PILGRIM-VS-THE-WORLD/Page1.html. Retrieved January 20, 2009.
- ^ Graser, Marc (March 22, 2010). "Chris Evans to play Captain America'". Variety. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118016757.html. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- ^ Anderton, Ethan (March 8, 2010). "Casting Tidits: Anna Faris, Liv Tyler, Ryan Gosling and More". FirstShowing.net. http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/08/casting-tidits-anna-faris-liv-tyler-ryan-gosling-and-more/#ixzz0hgFCFbBt. Retrieved August 3, 2010.
- ^ Rosenblit, Rachel. "Chris Evans and Evan Rachel Wood Promote Guilty", Elle, August 12, 2010.
- ^ "Gucci Guilty Pour Homme To Launch", RealStyleNetwork.com, January 10, 2011.
- ^ Voss, Brandon (January 6, 2009). "A List: Chris Evans". The Advocate. http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Film/A_List__Chris_Evans/. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- Chris Evans at the Internet Movie Database
- "Chris Evans box office breakdown and upcoming movies". Box Office Mojo. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=chrisevans.htm. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- Chris Evans video interview with stv.tv/movies, for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Chris Evans (actor) — Saltar a navegación, búsqueda Chris Evans (actor) Nombre real Christopher Robert Evans Nacimiento 13 de junio de 1981 (28 años) … Wikipedia Español
Chris Evans — Evans en el Festival Internacional de Cine de Toronto en 2008. Nombre real Christopher Robert Evans Nacimiento 13 de junio … Wikipedia Español
Chris Evans — (2008) Evans mit Stan Lee … Deutsch Wikipedia
Chris Evans (presenter) — For other people named Christopher Evans, see Christopher Evans (disambiguation). Chris Evans Evans and Joss Stone Born Christopher James Evans 1 April 1966 (1966 04 01) … Wikipedia
Lee Evans (actor) — Para otros usos de este término, véase Lee Evans (desambiguación). Lee Evans (actor) Nombre real Lee Evans Nacimiento 25 de febrero de 1964 (47 … Wikipedia Español
Chris Hemsworth — Chris durante la conferencia de la película Thor en Londres en abril del 2011. Nombre real Christopher Hemsworth Nacimiento 11 de agos … Wikipedia Español
Chris Hutchison — is an American stage actor, director, teacher and voice actor. The 2011 season is his fifth year as a company member at the Alley Theatre in Houston. Contents 1 Education 2 Theater 2.1 Off Broadway … Wikipedia
Chris Bath — Born 13 May 1967 (1967 05 13) (age 44) Auburn, New South Wales Occupation Seven News Journalist Spouse Denis Carnahan (m. 1997–2008) «start … Wikipedia
Christopher Evans — or Chris Evans may refer to: Christopher Evans (outlaw) (1847–1917), American train robber Christopher Evans (computer scientist) (1931–1979), British computer scientist, psychologist and writer on pseudo science Chris Evans (ice hockey)… … Wikipedia
Alana Evans — Nacimiento 6 de julio de 1976 (35 años) Fort Campbell, Kentucky … Wikipedia Español