- Lee Ward
BMusARCO is a British organist, conductor and teacher.
He first studied the organ with
Ian Traceyat Liverpool Anglican Cathedraland was appointed Assistant Organist at Chester Cathedralat eighteen years of age.In 1989, he won a Foundation Scholarship and the RCO's R.J.Pitcher Scholarship to the Royal College of Music. He won all organ prizes available during his time there as well as additional scholarships to the Temple Church, St. Paul's Cathedraland St. Alban's Abbey.
Upon graduating with a BMus, he became Assistant Organist as St. Michael's Cornhill and then Organist and Assistant Director of Music at
King's College School, Wimbledon. In 1994 he was appointed organist and Director of Music at St. John-at-Hampstead and in 1996 he moved to teach at the London Oratory School.
Currently, Lee is Director of Music at the
London Oratory Schoolas well as Director of the London Oratory School Schola(a post he took up in 2006). He was also until recently Director of the Chamber Choir at the school.
He still performs as an organist around the UK and he is also the Director of the Colla Voce Singers, a London based choir comprised mostly of old Oratorians.
* [http://www.london-oratory.org The London Oratory School website]
* [http://www.london-oratory.org/schola/ The London Oratory School Schola website]
* [http://hampsteadparishchurch.org.uk/ The website of St. John-at-Hampstead]
* [http://www.collavocesingers.com/ The Colla Voce Singers website]
* [http://www.organrecitals.com/1/recitals.php?organist=leewar Lee's Organ Recital diary]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.