- Collegium Gostomianum
Collegium Gostomianum General information Architectural style Polish Mannerism Town or city Sandomierz Country Poland Construction started 1604 Completed 1615 Design and construction Client Hieronim Gostomski Architect Michał Hintz
The building was established in 1602 by Hieronim Gostomski, voivode of Poznań for the Jesuits. The construction started in 1604 according to design by a Jesuit Michał Hintz and was completed in 1615. At that time two wings were built at the edge of Vistula river and surrounding romanesque St. Peter's Parish Church. The eastern wing was intended to house Jesuit Collegium, named after the founder Gostomianum, and the southern wing housed a monastery.
- List of mannerist structures in Southern Poland
- ^ a b c (Polish) "Collegium Gostomianum". www.lo1.sandomierz.pl. http://www.lo1.sandomierz.pl/main.php?site=history. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- (Polish) [www.lo1.sandomierz.pl/ Official website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.