- Off the map
Off the map is an idiomatic or slang term which has been used to denote a place far removed from civilization, or to delineate a subject considered out of date, out of fashion, or consigned to oblivion.
Off the map may also refer to:
- Off the Map (travelogue), American punk rock/anarchist road chronicle by Hibikina Chickena and Kika Kat; originally self-published as zine; in 2003 published in zine and book form by CrimethInc Ex-Workers Collective
- Off the Map, American collection of four short stories written and illustrated by Daniel Wallace (author); published in March 2005 by Two Cranes Press
- Off the Map (video), visual record of concerts performed in 1999 and 2000 by American alternative rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers; released in 2001
- Off the Map (film), American drama film released in 2003; directed by Campbell Scott, written by Joan Ackermann and starring Joan Allen, Sam Elliott and Valentina de Angelis
- Off the Map (TV series), American drama premiered on ABC January 12, 2011; set in a South American jungle village, the series portrays six young doctors searching for the meaning of life
- A Bit Off the Map, and Other Stories, third collection of prose by English author Angus Wilson, it contained eight short stories and was published by Penguin Books in 1957
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Off the Map — Titre original Off The Map Genre Série médicale Créateur(s) Shonda Rhimes Jenna Bans Betsy Beers Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français
off the map — 1. Out of existence, esp in the phrase wipe off the map 2. Negligible 3. (of a location) remote from main thoroughfares, etc • • • Main Entry: ↑map * * * (of a place) very distant or remote just a hick town, right off the map … Useful english dictionary
Off The Map — es un DVD en directo de la banda californiana, Red Hot Chili Peppers. Datos del Video Off The Map fue lanzado en 2001, dos años después del lanzamiento de su álbum más vendido, Californication. El DVD fue producido por el viejo amigo de la banda… … Wikipedia Español
off the map — ► off the map very distant or remote. Main Entry: ↑map … English terms dictionary
Off the Map — Seriendaten Originaltitel Off the Map Produktionsland Vereinigte Staaten … Deutsch Wikipedia
Off the Map — Infobox Book name = Off the Map image caption = author = Hibikina Chickena Kika Kat illustrator = cover artist = Nikki McClure country = language = series = CrimethInc. Letters subject = travelogue genre = non fiction publisher = CrimethInc. Ex… … Wikipedia
off the map — informal 1) far away from towns and cities It s a little town in Nebraska, right off the map. 2) completely destroyed, or no longer existing as a country, city, etc He said he had enough explosive to wipe the island off the map … English dictionary
off the map — [blow/bomb/wipe etc.] (something/swh) off the map to destroy something completely, especially with bombs. At least eight Spanish warships were blown off the map … New idioms dictionary
off the map — idi out of existence: Cities were wiped off the map[/ex] … From formal English to slang
off the map — (of a place) very distant or remote. → map … English new terms dictionary