- Important Intangible Cultural Properties
The Important Intangible Cultural Properties (Ko-hhrm|hangul=중요무형문화재) are aspects of intangible culture that the government of
South Koreahas officially designated for preservation since the inception of the program in 1964. They are proclaimed and maintained by South Korea's Cultural Heritage Administration.
The first item so designated was "
Jongmyo jeryeak", the ancient music and dance performed at the JongmyoRoyal Ancestral Shrine in Seoul; it was proclaimed on December 7, 1964. The most recent, announced on November 16, 2006, was Important Intangible Cultural Property 119, " geumbakjang" ( gold leafdecoration, practiced in Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do.
A similarly named yet distinct designation, "Intangible Cultural Properties," also exists, with 33 items having been proclaimed. [ [http://www.cha.go.kr/english/search_plaza_new/EDetail_Result.jsp?maxDocs=10000&docStart=1&docPage=10&requery=0®ion=&targetzone=&queryText=V_EKDCD%3D%2722%27&Province=ALL&Asset=22&Reign=ALL&query=®ion=ztitle&asset=22&startNum=&endNum=&startYear=&endYear=&province=00&reign=99 ::: Cultural Heritage, the source for Koreans' Strength and Dream ::: ] ] These are proclaimed by provinces or cities rather than by the national Cultural Heritage Administration.
* [http://www.cha.go.kr/english/e_resources/multiBbzList.action?bbzId=heritagebook Important Intangible Cultural Properties official site]
* [http://www.cha.go.kr/english/search_plaza_new/EDetail_Result.jsp?maxDocs=10000&docStart=1&docPage=10&requery=0®ion=&targetzone=&queryText=V_EKDCD%3D%2717%27&Province=ALL&Asset=17&Reign=ALL&query=®ion=ztitlebody&asset=17&startNum=&endNum=&startYear=&endYear=&province=00&reign=99 Complete list]
* [http://www.cha.go.kr/english/heritage_book/intangible.pdf Important Intangible Cultural Properties book] (PDF)
* [http://www.nricp.go.kr/eng/info/video_list.jsp?vid=v01.jsp#a Videos about Important Intangible Cultural Properties]
National Treasures of South Korea
Cultural heritage management
Cultural resources management
Living National Treasure
Living National Treasure (Japan)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.