- Anagrammatic poem
Anagrammatic poetry is
poetrywith the constrained form that either each line or each verse is an anagramof all other lines or verses in the poem.
Writing anagrammatic poetry is a form of a
constrained writingsimilar to writing pangrams or long alliterations.
List of anagrammatic poems
* "Oh Damn! Must I Refrigerate?" by Cory Calhoun, anagrammatic version of "The Marriage of True Minds" by William Shakespeare
* [http://www.anagrammy.com/literary/index.html Archive of Literary Anagrams] : More than 700 (and growing) anagrams by over 50 contributors of poetic and literary subjects, including the longest anagram (935,763 letters) by Mike Keith which subject text is the entire Moby Dick.
* [http://wordsmith.org/anagram/cory-calhoun.html The Marriage of True Minds] : Anagrammatic poem by Cory Calhoun of the title and first eight lines of Shakespeare's sonnet.
* [http://www.pyp.f2s.com/html/poemlinx.htm Diannagrams, Monica Lewinski.]
* [http://www.spinelessbooks.com/table/contents/rishitalks2d.html Rishi Talks to Katie] : a dialogue between two high school students: a text's sentences are rearranged, then its words, then its letters
* In the French poem "Ulcérations" by
Georges Perec, every line is an anagram of the title.
* The book
Permutation Cityopens with an anagramatic poem.
* In the poem Washington Crossing the Delaware by
David Shulman(1936), all 14 lines are anagrams of the title.
* In the article [http://www.davidbrittan.com/anagrams_made_easy.html Anagrams Made Easy] , David Brittan includes a 32-line poem whose lines are anagrams of "Technology Review."
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Anagram — An anagram (Greek anagramma letters written anew , passive participle of ana again + gramma letter ) is a type of word play, the result of rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to produce a new word or phrase, using all the original letters … Wikipedia
Washington Crossing the Delaware (sonnet) — Washington Crossing the Delaware is a sonnet that was written in 1936 by David Shulman. The title and subject of the poem refer to the scene in the painting Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze. The poem is noted for being… … Wikipedia
Permutation City — infobox Book | name = Permutation City title orig = translator = image caption = Cover of first edition (hardcover) author = Greg Egan illustrator = cover artist = country = Australia language = English series = genre = Science fiction novel… … Wikipedia
David Shulman — For the Indologist, see David Dean Shulman. David Shulman (November 12, 1912–October 30, 2004) was an American lexicographer and cryptographer. He contributed many early usages to the Oxford English Dictionary and is listed among Readers and… … Wikipedia
Lolita — This article is about the novel by Vladimir Nabokov. For other uses, see Lolita (disambiguation). Clare Quilty redirects here. For the band, see Clare Quilty (group). Lolita … Wikipedia
The Tempest — Infobox Play name = The Tempest |200px caption = Prospero, Ariel and Miranda by William Hamilton writer = William Shakespeare genre = Comedy / Romance setting = Desert isle subject = Retribution / Forgiveness premiere = November 1, 1611… … Wikipedia
anagrams — by Mike Gane Although the anagram and anagrammatisation are a reference point for Baudrillard there are very few actual examples of them in his writings. As with other key concepts there is considerable latitude in their definition and there … The Baudrillard dictionary
Lorenzo Lippi — (1606 1664) was an Italian painter and poet. Born in Florence, he studied painting under Matteo Rosselli. Both Baldassare Franceschini and Francesco Furini were also apprenticed with Rosselli. the influence of whose style, and more especially of… … Wikipedia
Bharavi — ▪ Indian poet flourished 6th century AD Sanskrit poet who was the author of Kiratarjuniya (“Arjuna and the Mountain Man”), one of the classical Sanskrit epics classified as a mahakavya (“great poem”). His poetry, characterized by its lofty… … Universalium
LINGUISTIC LITERATURE, HEBREW — This article is arranged according to the following outline: introduction foreword the beginning of linguistic literature linguistic literature and its background the development of linguistic literature Foreword: A Well Defined Unit the four… … Encyclopedia of Judaism