- Institute of Certified Management Accountants
The Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA) is an Australian organisation focused on management accounting, it differs from other Australian Accounting societies;
CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia, National Institute of Accountantsdue to this focus.
The Insititute has numerous offices and members outside of Australia, most of which are in Asia, Canada, UK, United States, additionally there are offices in the Middle East, EU and Africa.
Worldwide distribution network education program, including China, India, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, Dubai, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Canada and the European Union.
The proposed merger of CMA Australia with IMA (USA) abandoned in 2006.
Some discussion of becoming an IFAC member.
There are four grades of membership (designations) within the Association:
· Certified Management Accountant (CMA) - Requirements: Degree from a recognised university or Professional Qualification in Accounting, completion of CMA units and 5 years relevant experience
· Associate Management Accountant (AMA) - Requirements: Degree from a recognised university or Professional Qualification in Accounting and 3 years relevant experience
· Graduate Management Accountant (GMA) - Requirements: Degree from a recognised university or Professional Qualification in Accounting or completion of Graduate program
· Management Accounting Affiliate (MAA) - Open Entry for those interested in the field of Management Accountancy
The ICMA has joined as a founder and sponsoring member of IMACTM (the International Management Accounting CollaborativeTM) a senior academic research collaboration spanning many countries. Preliminary informal discussions have taken place on the IMACTM concept with CMA (Canada); ICWA (India) and CIMA (UK).
In June 2008, ICMA introduces "THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED CARBON ANALYSTS AND AUDITORS (ICCAA)". The principal object of the ICCAA is therefore, to advance, promote, measure, regulate and provide assurance certification of carbon credits for the effective implementation of emissions trading systems aimed at encouraging participation in carbon credit markets by its members to improve environmental sustainability and provide solutions to reducing the greenhouse effect and resultant climate change.
* [http://www.cmawebline.org Institute of Certified Management Accountants]
* [http://www.cmawebline.org/about/ICMA%20Corporate%20Overview.pdf ICMA Overview]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.