- Du Bois, Illinois
Du Bois Village Country United States State Illinois County Washington Coordinates Area 1.1 sq mi (3 km2) - land 1.1 sq mi (3 km2) Population 205 (2010) Density 186.4 / sq mi (72 / km2) Timezone CST (UTC-6) - summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5) Postal code 62831 Area code 618 Wikimedia Commons: Du Bois, Illinois
Du Bois is located at (38.223545, -89.213414).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 222 people, 96 households, and 54 families residing in the village. The population density was 207.8 people per square mile (80.1/km²). There were 116 housing units at an average density of 108.6 per square mile (41.9/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 97.30% White, 0.45% Native American, 0.45% from other races, and 1.80% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.25% of the population.
There were 96 households out of which 30.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.7% were married couples living together, 8.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.8% were non-families. 38.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 22.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.31 and the average family size was 3.13.
In the village the population was spread out with 30.2% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 31.1% from 25 to 44, 17.6% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35 years. For every 100 females there were 115.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.8 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $30,417, and the median income for a family was $32,500. Males had a median income of $28,750 versus $16,250 for females. The per capita income for the village was $12,367. About 17.3% of families and 15.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 15.7% of those under the age of eighteen and 27.8% of those sixty five or over.
- The DuBois Center is a conference center and summer camp owned by the Southern Illinois Conference of the United Church of Christ. The DuBois Center hosts hundreds of summer campers, retreat participants and students of the Nature's Classroom experiential education program every year.
- St. Charles Borromeo Church, referred to as the "Cathedral of the Prairie", is noted for its architecture and beauty and is highlighted in The Spiritual Guide to Illinois by Marilyn J. Chiat. Designed by Monsignor Joseph Ceranski, this red brick church on Third Street lures the visitor's eyes with both its 80-foot-wide (24 m) facade and its lushly appointed interior.
- ^ "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Du Bois village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
Municipalities and communities of Washington County, Illinois Cities Villages Townships Unincorporated
Clarmin | Elkton | Huegely | Lively Grove | Stone Church
‡This populated place also has portions in an adjacent county or counties
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Illinois locations by per capita income — Illinois is the eleventh richest state in the United States of America, with a per capita income of $23,104 (2000). Illinois Places by Per Capita Income # Kenilworth, Illinois ndash; $101,086 # Glencoe, Illinois ndash; $84,134 # North Barrington … Wikipedia
Bois d'Arc (Illinois) — 39° 28′ 00″ N 89° 38′ 00″ W / 39.4667, 89.6333 … Wikipédia en Français
Bois D’Arc Township, Montgomery County, Illinois — Geobox Township name = Bois D’Arc Township native name = other name = other name1 = category = Township image size = image caption = flag size = symbol = symbol size = country = United States state = Illinois region = Montgomery region type =… … Wikipedia
Illinois — Pour l’article homonyme, voir Illinois (homonymie). Illinois Drapeau … Wikipédia en Français
Illinois Freedom Bell — 42° 02′ 51″ N 89° 26′ 02″ W / 42.0475, 89.4339 La Cloche de … Wikipédia en Français
Bois d'arc — Pour les articles homonymes, voir Bois d arc (homonymie). Arc et carquois Le bois d arc est une terminologie pour désigner les variétés d arbres dont les branches … Wikipédia en Français
Bois d'arc (homonymie) — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Bois d arc Le bois d arc est un arbuste, Maclura pomifera. Bois d arc peut également désigner : Géographie Bois D Arc Creek, une rivière du Texas.… … Wikipédia en Français
Municipio de Bois D'Arc (condado de Montgomery, Illinois) — Municipio de Bois D Arc Municipio de los Estados Unidos … Wikipedia Español
Municipio de Du Bois (condado de Washington, Illinois) — Municipio de Du Bois Municipio de los Estados Unidos … Wikipedia Español
Chicago(Illinois) — Chicago Pour les articles homonymes, voir Chicago (homonymie). Chicago … Wikipédia en Français