- Current sensor
A current sensor is a device that detects electrical current (AC or DC) in a wire, and generates a signal proportional to it.The generated signal could be analog voltage or current or even digital output.It can be then utilized to display the measured current in an ammeter or can be stored for further analysis in a data acquisition system or can be utilized for control purpose.
The sensed current and the output signal can be:
- AC current input,
- analog output, which duplicates the wave shape of the sensed current
- bipolar output, which duplicates the wave shape of the sensed current
- unipolar output, which is proportional to the average or RMS value of the sensed current
- DC current input,
- unipolar, with a unipolar output, which duplicates the wave shape of the sensed current
- digital output, which switches when the sensed current exceeds a certain threshold
- Hall effect IC sensor.
- Transformer or Current clamp meter, (suitable for AC current only).
- Resistor, whose voltage is directly proportional to the current through it.
- Fiber optic current sensor, using an interferometer to measure the phase change in the light produced by a magnetic field.
- Rogowski coil, electrical device for measuring alternating current (AC) or high speed current pulses.
- AC current input,
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
current sensor — srovės jutiklis statusas T sritis automatika atitikmenys: angl. current sensor vok. Stromgeber, m rus. impulsų dažnio moduliavimas, m pranc. capteur de courant, m … Automatikos terminų žodynas
Current sense amplifier — Current sense amplifiers (also called current shunt amplifiers) are special purpose amplifiers that output a voltage proportional to the current flowing in a power rail. They utilize a current sense resistor to convert the load current in the… … Wikipedia
Sensor — For other uses, see Sensor (disambiguation). Sensors redirects here. For other uses, see Sensors (disambiguation). Detector redirects here. For other uses, see Detector (disambiguation). Thermocouple sensor for high temperature measurement A… … Wikipedia
Sensor node — The typical architecture of the sensor node. A sensor node, also known as a mote (chiefly in North America), is a node in a wireless sensor network that is capable of performing some processing, gathering sensory information and communicating… … Wikipedia
Sensor (comics) — This page discusses the post Zero Hour reboot version of the character. For the pre ZH version, see Princess Projectra. Superherobox| caption=The altered Sensor. Art by Alejandro Barrionuevo. character name=Sensor real name=Jeka Wynzorr publisher … Wikipedia
Sensor Web — The Sensor Web is a type of sensor network or geographic information system (GIS) that is especially well suited for environmental monitoring and control. The term describes a specific type of sensor network: an amorphous network of spatially… … Wikipedia
Electric current — Electromagnetism … Wikipedia
AFR sensor — Articleissues cleanup=August 2008 wikify=August 2008 copyedit=August 2008 inappropriate tone=August 2008 jargon=August 2008 orphan=August 2008The AFR is a new type of Oxygen Sensor that is slowly replacing the Zirconium O2 sensor in modern… … Wikipedia
Mass flow sensor — A mass airflow sensor. A mass air flow sensor is used to find out the mass flowrate of air entering a fuel injected internal combustion engine. The air mass information is necessary for the engine control unit (ECU) to balance and deliver the… … Wikipedia
Oxygen sensor — Contents 1 Automotive applications 1.1 Function of a lambda probe 1.2 The probe … Wikipedia