- American Academy of Family Physicians
frame|New_logo_unveiled_in_2007_for_the_AAFP._[http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/aboutus/theaafp/torch.html Information about AAFP branding initiative] .]
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) was founded in
1947to promote the science and art of family medicine. It is one of the largest medical organizations in the United States, with more than 94,000 members. The Academy was instrumental in establishing family medicine as a recognized medical specialty; a certifying board was approved by the American Board of Medical Specialtiesin 1969. The Academy's headquarters is in Leawood, Kansas.
The mission of the AAFP is to improve the health of patients, families, and communities by serving the needs of its members with professionalism and creativity.
*" [http://www.aafp.org/news-now AAFP News Now] " - the official news publication of the American Academy of Family Physicians
American Family Physician" - a clinical medical journal
Annals of Family Medicine" - a collaborative effort with six family medicine organizations
American Board of Family Medicine(ABFM)
World Organization of Family Doctors(Wonca)
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics(ALSO)
* [http://www.aafp.org American Academy of Family Physicians]
* [http://www.aafp.org/afp/ American Family Physician - a journal by the AAFP]
* [http://www.aafp.org/fpm/ Family Practice Management - a journal by the AAFP]
* [http://www.annfammed.org/ Annals of Family Medicine - a collaborative journal of the six family medicine organizations]
* [http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home.html FamilyDoctor.org - The AAFP's patient education site. Includes hundreds of handouts, brochures, flowcharts and other resources for patients]
* [http://www.familyhealthadvocate.org/ Family Health Advocate - The AAFP's consumer advocacy site. Helping patients and physicians work together to send the message that the health care system needs to change and it needs to change now]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.