- Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives
Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives Department overview Formed November 4, 2003 Preceding agencies Manitoba Agriculture and Food
Manitoba Rural Initiatives and Cooperative Development
Jurisdiction Government of Manitoba Headquarters Winnipeg, Manitoba Employees 618.23 FTE Annual budget CAD$220 million (2009-2010) Minister responsible Stan Struthers, Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives Deputy Minister responsible Barry Todd, Deputy Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives Website gov.mb.ca/agriculture
Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives is a department of the Government of Manitoba, overseen by the Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives. The current minister is Stan Struthers.
The department regulates many aspects of agriculture, food and rural life in Manitoba, including food production, food safety, consumer rights and business development.
- The Agricultural Producers' Organization Funding Act
- The Agri-Food and Rural Development Council Act
- The Manitoba Agricultural Services Corporation Act
- The Agricultural Societies Act
- The Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives Act
- The Agrologists Act
- The Animal Care Act
- The Animal Disease Act
- The Animal Liability Act
- The Bee Act
- The Cattle Producers' Act
- The Coarse Grain Marketing Control Act
- The Community Development Bonds Act
- The Cooperative Promotion Trust Act
- The Crowns Land Act
- The Dairy Act
- The Family Farm Protection Act
- The Farm Income Assurance Plans Act
- The Farm Lands Ownership Act
- The Farm Machinery and Equipment Act
- The Farm Practices Protection Act
- The Farm Products Marketing Act
- The Fruit and Vegetables Sales Act
- The Horse Racing Commission Act
- The Land Rehabilitation Act
- The Livestock and Livestock Protection Act
- The Livestock Industry Diversification Act
- The Milk Prices Review Act
- The Noxious Weed Act
- The Pesticides and Fertilizers Control Act
- The Plant Pests and Disease Act
- The Seed and Fodder Relief Act
- The Veterinary Medical Act
- The Veterinary Science Scholarship Fund Act
- The Veterinary Services Act
- The Wildlife Act
- The Women's Institute Act
- ^ a b "Annual Report of Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives (2009-2010)" (PDF). Winnipeg: Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives. 2010. p. 145. http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/programs/annual2009-2010/annual2009-10.pdf. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- ^ a b "Manitoba Executive Council in Order of Precedence". Winnipeg: Legislative Assembly of Manitoba. March 28, 2011. http://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/members/cabinet.html. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- ^ a b c "Cabinet Ministers: Stan Struthers". Government of Manitoba. http://www.gov.mb.ca/minister/minagr.html. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- ^ MAFRI 2010, p. 3.
- ^ MAFRI 2010.
- ^ "About MAFRI: The Acts We Administer". Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives. http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/intro/about11.html. Retrieved July 23, 2011.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives (Manitoba) — The Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives is a cabinet minister in the province of Manitoba, Canada. The minister oversees Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives, a department is often referred to as MAFRI. MAFRI was… … Wikipedia
Agriculture ministry — An agriculture ministry or department of agriculture is a ministry or other government agency charged with agriculture. The ministry is often headed by a minister for agriculture. Specific duties may relate to regulation, promotion, agricultural… … Wikipedia
Rural Development Institute — The Rural Development Institute (RDI) was established in 1989 by Brandon University as an academic research center focusing on issues affecting rural communities in Western Canada and elsewhere. The Institute provides an interface between… … Wikipedia
Executive Council of Manitoba — The Executive Council of Manitoba (informally and more commonly, the Cabinet of Manitoba) is the cabinet of that Canadian province. Almost always made up of members of the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba, the Cabinet is similar in structure and… … Wikipedia
New Democratic Party of Manitoba leadership election, 2009 — Date October 16 17 2009 Convention Winnipeg, Manitoba Campaign to replace Gary Doer Won by Greg Selinger Ballots … Wikipedia
Media and Publishing — ▪ 2007 Introduction The Frankfurt Book Fair enjoyed a record number of exhibitors, and the distribution of free newspapers surged. TV broadcasters experimented with ways of engaging their audience via the Internet; mobile TV grew; magazine… … Universalium
Senecio vulgaris — Common groundsel Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae … Wikipedia
Crown land — In Commonwealth realms, Crown land is an area belonging to the monarch ( the Crown ), the equivalent of an entailed estate that passed with the monarchy and could not be alienated from it. In the United Kingdom and during the British Empire, the… … Wikipedia
Cervus canadensis — Uapití … Wikipedia Español
Diatomaceous earth — A sample of diatomaceous earth Diatomaceous earth ( / … Wikipedia