- Choi Hung Station
Line Kwun Tong Line Code CHH Service hours 0557/0118 Connections Bus, Minibus District Wong Tai Sin Area Choi Hung Estate Map MTR Website Coordinates Coordinates: Opened October 1, 1979 Type of station Underground Type of platforms Double Islands No. of platforms 4 No. of exits 8 No. of shops 10
Choi Hung Station Chinese 彩虹 Literal meaning Rainbow Transcriptions Mandarin - Hanyu Pinyin Cǎihóng Cantonese (Yue) - Jyutping coi2 hung4 - Yale Romanization choi2 hung4
Choi Hung is a station on the Hong Kong MTR Kwun Tong Line. The station is named after the nearby Choi Hung Estate, a public housing estate. The station's livery is navy blue with stripes of the colours of the rainbow, as Choi Hung in Cantonese means rainbow.
Although there are four platforms at the station, only platforms 1 and 4 are fully functional. There are three tracks that run through the station, with platforms 2 and 3 sharing the third track that is located in the middle of the station. The third track is primarily used as a siding, and it leads to the Kowloon Bay MTR depot, located just east of Choi Hung station.
Overlying Properties - Infinity Eight, 8 Clear Water Bay Road, carpark, transport interchange Ground - Exits, transport interchange L1
Concourse MTRShops, Customer Service Hang Seng Bank, Vending machine
Automatic teller machines
Platform 1 Kwun Tong Line towards Tiu Keng Leng Island platform, doors will open on the left/right Platform 2 Kwun Tong Line emergency platform Platform 3 Island platform, doors will open on the left/right Platform 4 Kwun Tong Line towards Yau Ma Tei
Platforms 2 and 3 share a same track, and have platform screen doors on both sides of the platform. These platform screen doors served as prototypes in 2001 when MTR started to test the feasibility of installing these doors in stations throughout its system.
- A1: Clear Water Bay Road (westbound), bus stops
- A2: Ping Shek Estate, minibus stop
- A3: Infinity Eight, No.8 Clear Water Bay Road
- B: Ngau Chi Wan Market, Ngau Chi Wan Civic Centre, St. Joseph's Home for the Aged
- C1: Ngau Chi Wan Village, minibus to Hang Hau
- C2: Ngau Chi Wan Village, bus and minibus to Sai Kung, Hammer Hill Road Swimming Pool
- C3: Choi Hung Estate, Choi Ping Reading Centre, Hong Kong Association for the Deaf
- C4: Choi Hung Estate, bus stops on Lung Cheung Road (westbound)
- To Choi Wan Estate: 3M, 10 (Exit B)
- To Clearwater Bay (via HKUST): 91 (Exit C2)
- To Hong Kong University of Science and Technology / Tseung Kwan O: 91M (Exit C2)
- To Sai Kung: 92, 96R (Exit C2)
- To San Po Kong: 29M (Exit A1)
- To Shun Lee Estate: 29M, 42 (Exit B)
- To Shun Lee Estate/Shun Tin Estate: 26, 27, 26M(To Yuet Wah Street) (Exit B)
- To Wong Shek Pier: 96R (Exit C2)
Preceding station MTR Following stationtowards Yau Ma Tei Kwun Tong Linetowards Tiu Keng Leng
- ^ MTR website: The Grace of Ballerinas
- ^ Legislative Council Panel on Transport. "Railway Station Design to Showcase Local History and Culture", July 2010.
Hong Kong MTR stations and Light Rail stops East Rail Line Kwun Tong Line Tsuen Wan Line Island Line Tung Chung Line Airport Express Tseung Kwan O Line West Rail Line Ma On Shan Line Disneyland Resort Line Light Rail
(System of 11 routes)Fare zone 1Lung Mun · Light Rail Depot · Butterfly · Melody Garden · Tuen Mun Ferry Pier · Siu Hei · Tuen Mun Swimming Pool · Goodview Garden · Siu Lun · Sam ShingFare zone 2Fare zone 3Fare zone 4Fare zone 5ATin Yuet · Tin Sau · Wetland Park · Tin Heng · Tin Yat · Tin Fu · Chung FuFare zone 5Yuen Long ■ · Tai Tong Road · Hong Lok Road · Fung Nin Road · Shui Pin Wai
Lines under planning / proposed South Island Line (East) East-West Line North-South Line South Island Line (West) GZ-SZ-HK Express Rail Link
(Hong Kong Section) (2020)
See also Stations that are proposed, under planning or under construction are shown in italics.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Choi Hung Estate — Choi Hung Estate, Hong Kong Choi Hung Estate, the other side … Wikipedia
Hung Hom Station — MTR infobox engname=Hung Hom chiname=紅磡 livery=#ff0077 namecolour=white caption=Platform of the station line=East Rail line2=Intercity line3=Jingjiu railway code=HUH hours=0530/0110 open=November 30, 1975 type=Ground Level platformtype=Island (1… … Wikipedia
Kowloon Bay Station — MTR infobox livery=003000 namecolour=White line=Kwun Tong caption= district=Kwun Tong area=Kowloon Bay open=October 1, 1979 type=Elevated platformtype=Island platformno=2 exitno=3 liftno=2 esculatorno=11 shopno=5 code=KOB hours=0603/0120… … Wikipedia
Admiralty (station de métro) — Station Admiralty … Wikipédia en Français
Diamond Hill Station — Diamond Hill 鑽石山 … Wikipedia
Mong Kok Station — For the other MTR station in Mong Kok, see Mong Kok East Station. Mong Kok 旺角 … Wikipedia
Ngau Tau Kok Station — Ngau Tau Kok 牛頭角 … Wikipedia
City One Station — City One 第一城 … Wikipedia
Nam Cheong Station — Nam Cheong 南昌 … Wikipedia
Central Station (MTR) — Central 中環 … Wikipedia