- Red Giant Software
Red Giant Software was founded in 2002 by industry veterans to develop and distribute special effects tools for digital video & film professionals.
The company sells Digital Video Plug-ins for famous Compositing Software and NLEs such as Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere.
Two of their most famous products are the Magic Bullet Suite (a plug-in for After Effects made to make digital video look more like film) and Knoll Light Factory (A plug-in containing lights and sparks effect for digital video).
The Plug-ins Red Giant sells have been used in 1000's of feature films, music videos, national TV commercials & shows. These include "Grindhouse, The Aviator, Day After Tomorrow, Vanilla Sky, Hellboy, Spy Kids 3D, Double Dare", "Nike" commercials, "Good Eats", "ESPN", "Disney", "CNN, Good Morning America, Cher videos, FooFighter" videos, and "MTV" shows.
In 2002, Red Giant Software was founded in San Francisco, California.
Red Giant's Products are mostly plug-ins that help digital video editors make their video look more like film and they also sell products that fix up and repair images and video.
List of Products currently available to buy:
* Image Lounge 1.4 - collection of over 20 After Effects filters createa smoke, water, or walls of fire, realistic 3D shadows, simulate camera blurs
* Knoll Light Factory Pro 2.5.2 - Creates lens flares, sunsets, photon torpedoes, stars and other effects. It offers a custom lens editor, auto tracking, alpha channel support
* Radium Glow 1.0 - Simulates the way real light behaves, giving ultra-realistic glimmers and glows.
* Trapcode 3D Stroke 2.5 - uses paths from one or more masks to render volumetric strokes that can be rotated and moved freely in 3D space. It has a built-in camera to create dynamic 3D environments. Path reveals are easy to make with keyframeable start and end sliders.
* Trapcode Echo Space 1.0 - Speeds and automates the creation of sophisticated 3D layer effects in Adobe After Effects. Layer iterations can be controlled as a group or individually for sophisticated 'house-of-cards' or 'Cover Flow'-style animations.
* Trapcode Form 1.0 - Creates flame, smoke and other organic 3D shapes — and then synchronize it with audio.
* Trapcode Horizon 1.0 - Create ultra-realistic environments by using Trapcode Horizon to wrap sphere maps, panoramas or video around the After Effects world.
* Trapcode Lux 1.0 - Simulates the "visible light" phenomenon of light in a dark or foggy environment. Use Lux to create incredibly realistic visible light sources for spotlights, flashlights, headlights, or stage lighting of all kinds.
* Trapcode Particular 1.5 - Creates natural smoke, explosions, geometric or organic abstract elements.
* Trapcode Shine - Shine is a 2D plug-in that simulates 3D volumetric light effects within your editor. TV and movie pros use it daily to create light rays that sweep through logotypes or any kind of footage.
* Trapcode Sound Keys - Sound Keys is a keyframe generator plug-in for Adobe After Effects. Visually select parts of an audio track and convert that audio into keyframes. Great for audio-intensive animations.
* Trapcode Starglow
* Magic Bullet Colorista 1.0 - Color correction plug-in that works with Final Cut, After Effects, Motion, Premiere Pro, or Avid systems.
* Magic Bullet Looks 1.1 - Create looks for your film/video
* Composite Wizard 1.4 - Repairs tattered edges, removing artifacts, and fixing bad extractions.
* Key Correct Pro 1.0 - Key Correct Pro is a set of 15 plug-ins designed to help After Effects users create better composites with built-in keying tools.
* Primatte Keyer Pro 4.0 - A professional greenscreen tool that extracts keys from any color background quickly and easily. Powerful features allow Primatte Keyer to overcome keying challenges such as uneven lighting, compression artifacts, subtle shadows, and edge light contamination.
* Film Fix 1.0 - Eliminate flicker, remove dust and dirt, and stabilize jerky footage with these plug-ins.
* Magic Bullet Frames 1.0 - Take interlaced video and get the 24p look of film, right from within your editor.
* Magic Bullet Instant HD 1.1 - Conversion from SD video to HD within your favorite video application.
* Magic Bullet Instant HD Advanced 1.0 - Advanced version of InstantHD that offers sharp, motion-compensated de-interlacing and de-noising; advanced pan and scan; and a super-resolution algorithm for actual resolution enhancement.
Just recently, Red Giant Software had joined forces with Trapcode. The company plans to sell Trapcode's products in late 2007. At Motion Graphics Los Angeles' ( [http://www.mgla.org MGLA] , a Los Angeles-area association for professionals in
Motion graphics) August 21 2007 meeting, Peder Norrby announced that their project codenamed "Flux" — briefly demonstrated at the NAB2007 Expo — will be released as "Form". The plug-in, on which work was begun in March 2007, is intended to provide After Effects animators with a completely new set of design tools for use on both Mac and PC. Form works similar to "Particular" (a Trapcode plug-in for generating "particles") but instead of limited types of particles, "any composition" can be used as a particle. According to Norrby, in "Particular", a particle "is born, and lives a while, and then dies". In contrast, "Form" particles "exist forever", rather than coming in a stream from an 'emitter'. As of 21 August 2007, no price has been set, according to Norrby the price should be between USD $100 and $300 when the plug-in is released in September 2007.
As of November 2007,
Toolfarmbecame the master reseller for Red Giant Software and Trapcode.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Magic bullet (software) — Magic Bullet is a video editing plug in sold by Red Giant Software and originally created by visual effects company The Orphanage. It gives video footage a film look. It is compatible with Adobe After Effects and NLEs such as Final Cut Pro,… … Wikipedia
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 — Red Alert 3 cover art Developer(s) EA Los Angeles Publisher(s) Elect … Wikipedia
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (TV special) — Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Promotional advertisement for the original NBC airing Distributed by Classic Media … Wikipedia
Microprose Software — For information on the MicroProse brand and its history, see MicroProse. MicroProse Software, Inc. Fate Friendly takeover Successor … Wikipedia
Color grading — or colour painting, is the process of altering and enhancing the color of a motion picture, video image, or still image either electronically, photo chemically or digitally. The photo chemical process is also referred to as color timing and is… … Wikipedia
Adobe After Effects — Infobox Software name = Adobe After Effects caption = After Effects CS3 (8.0) under Windows XP developer = Adobe Systems latest release version = CS4 (9.0) latest release date = release date|2008|09|23 operating system = Mac OS X, Microsoft… … Wikipedia
Motion graphics — are graphics that use video footage and/or animation technology to create the illusion of motion or rotation, graphics are usually combined with audio for use in multimedia projects. Motion graphics are usually displayed via electronic media… … Wikipedia
Toolfarm — Toolfarm, Inc., based in San Francisco since 1999, is a third party distributor of After Effects plug ins and visual effects tools. It is known as a portal for non biased reviews, user stories and tutorials for Adobe After Effects and other… … Wikipedia
List of astronomy acronyms — This is a compilation of acronyms commonly used in astronomy. Most of the acronyms are drawn from professional astronomy and are used quite frequently in scientific publications. However, a few of these acronyms are frequently used by the general … Wikipedia
Stars and planetary systems in fiction — The planetary systems of stars other than the Sun and the Solar System are a staple element in much science fiction. Contents 1 Overview 1.1 The brightest stars … Wikipedia