- Margarita (TV series)
Format Drama Created by ABS-CBN Directed by Erick Salud
Starring Wendy Valdez
Ending theme "Araw-Araw Gabi-Gabi"
by Wendy Valdez
Country of origin Philippines No. of episodes 40 Episodes Production Executive producer(s) Rocky Ubana Running time 30 Minutes Broadcast Original channel ABS-CBN Original run July 30, 2007 – September 21, 2007 External links Website
Margarita is an ABS-CBN teleserye starring Wendy Valdez of Pinoy Big Brother: Season 2. First announced by Valdez in a guest appearance on The Buzz, the series was promoted as "the most controversial and boldest TV series." It aired on ABS-CBN's Primetime Bida slot at 6 PM.
Margarita is a story of young woman who, in her desire to give her family the best life she can imagine, ends up working as a showgirl. She gets paid by giving entertainment and enticing the fantasies of many men. But deep inside, Margarita dreams of a better life and longs for happiness and true love.
The series ended with an incomplete storyline on September 21, 2007, having lasted less than two months on the air.
Margarita (Wendy Valdez) is a tough woman who, at a young age, experienced several difficulties in life. She was just a little girl when her father (Dick Israel) left their mother (Rio Locsin) for another woman (Elizabeth Oropesa). As the eldest in the family, Margarita shouldered the responsibility of being the breadwinner. She only has her childhood friend, Rodrigo (Bruce Quebral) by her side as she struggles through life's difficulties. Along the way, Margarita will meet Bernard (Diether Ocampo), a rich and influential man who will eventually fall in love with her. Margarita will later find herself torn not only between these two men, but also between her dream of happiness and her desire of revenge.
Wendy Valdez as Margarita Trinidad or Greta Paredes - a loving daughter and a kind older sister. Deeply traumatized when her father left them for another woman, she learned to be strong and planned to take revenge against everyone who caused her so much pain and suffering. Margarita will end up working as a showgirl just to provide for her family.
Bruce Quebral as Rodrigo Toledo - the childhood friend of Margarita. While growing up, Rodrigo will develop a special attraction toward Margarita. Circumstances forced him to leave, but his love will bring him back to Margarita. However, after many years, Margarita has changed into a different woman.
Diether Ocampo as Bernard - a rich and influential man who desires to change all the wrong things he witnessed while growing up in a political family. He will eventually meet Margarita and find himself deeply in love with her.
Rio Locsin as Adora - the mother of Margarita. When her husband left, she worked hard to raise her children on her own. Adora will get a second chance at love, but the ghost of her past will return to haunt her and her family.
Dick Israel as Robert Trinidad - the father of Margarita. In his lust for wealth and power, he leaves his wife and children behind to be with Jessica. Just when he is enjoying the good life he dreamt of, Margarita will return to his life to make him pay for the pains he caused them.
Elizabeth Oropesa as Jessica Beltran - the woman of wealth and power. Being the new wife of Robert and a mother of Bernard, Jessica will bring Margarita much tears and suffering.
Keanna Reeves as Didith - the former star showgirl in the club where Margarita will end up working. Didith will become Margarita's best friend and mentor in the life of a showgirl.
John Apacible as Gani - the Leader in Syndicate Group Was He Wants Crashed of Good Influences, of Robbie and Gabby.
Joseph Bitangcol as Robbie - Margarita's younger brother. Robbie will serve as Margarita's confidant amidst all the struggles. But the pain and suffering will take a toll on him and will push Robbie to take the rebel route.
John Manalo as Gabby - Margarita's youngest brother. Gabby grew up in poverty and was a child of the street, hence, will get exposed to wrong deeds.
Sharlene San Pedro as Gelly - Margarita's half-sister. She will serve as Jessica and Robert's lone source of joy.
- Noni Buencamino as Gary - As the series progressed, he turned out to be Margarita's true father.
- Efren Reyes Jr. as Carding - A policeman, father of Rodrigo. He will help Margarita's brothers out of trouble during Margarita's stay in Japan
- Dexter Doria as Magda - Margarita's aunt; Gary's sister. After Gary's death, she will be the only family, Margarita, Robbie, and Gaby has. She will deprive the brothers of their sister and her monthly allottment as a singer in Japan.
- Say Alonzo as Leslie
- Desiree del Valle as Duday
- Andrea del Rosario as Amanda
- Al Tantay as Ramon Velasquez
- Emilio Garcia as Morales
- AJ Dee as Jake
- Raphael Martinez as Junjun
- Whitney Tyson
- Sylvia Sanchez
- Marnie Lapus
- Charlie Davao
- Hyubs Azarcon
- Mark Joshua Sarayot as Young Robbie
- Joshua Dionisio as Young Bernard
- Jiro Manio as Young Rodrigo
- Alexis Ramos as Young Margarita
- ABS-CBN stated that “Margarita is not an adaptation,” assured ABS-CBN executive, Deo Endrinal. “It’s an original story. Nagkataon lang na Wendy’s role is that of a burlesque queen.”
- In the said teaser, showing Wendy in a bikini dancing beside a pole, is apparently the "sexiest" that show would go, said the creators. Viewers will get to see more of Margarita's challenges in life, like becoming the breadwinner in the family since her father left when she was just a little girl.
- Valdez stated that some of the plot in the story is about her true life but not all of it.
- Margarita premiered last July 31, 2007 in selected provincial TV stations. Delayed telecast in selected ABS-CBN regional station due to local version of TV Patrol in same time slot instead on July 30 which premiered in selected key cities.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Margarita (disambiguation) — Margarita may refer to: Contents 1 Places 2 People 3 Arts and Entertainment 4 Other uses 5 See also … Wikipedia
Margarita Rosa de Francisco — Born Margarita Rosa de Francisco Baquero August 8, 1965 (1965 08 08) (age 46) Santiago de Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia Other names La Mencha Occupation Actress … Wikipedia
Margarita Levieva — Levieva in June 2009 Born February 9, 1980 (1980 02 09) (age 31) … Wikipedia
Margarita Cadenas — (Caracas, Venezuela), is a director, producer and screenwriter of Venezuela, based in France. Contents 1 Biography 2 Barrage sur l Orénoque (Dam on the Orinoco)(1996) 3 … Wikipedia
Margarita Henríquez — Background information Birth name Margarita Henríquez Born April 17, 1991 (1991 04 … Wikipedia
Mărgărita Miller Verghy — (Romanian pronunciation: [mərɡəˈrita ˈmiler ˈverɡi]; first name also Margareta, surname also Miller Verghy, Miller Verghi, Miller Vergy; full name also Marg. M V.; January 1, 1865–December 31, 1953) was a Romanian socialite and author, also… … Wikipedia
Margarita Isabel — Nombre real Margarita Isabel Morales y González Nacimiento 25 de julio de 1943 (68 años) … Wikipedia Español
Margarita Magaña — Nombre real Margara Magaña Jiménez Nacimiento 25 de julio de 1979 (32 años) … Wikipedia Español
Margarita Sanz — (Guadalajara, Jalisco, México; 20 de febrero de 1954) es una actriz mexicana. Contenido 1 Carrera 2 Filmografía 2.1 Telenovelas 2.2 Cine … Wikipedia Español
Margarita la tornera — (Margarita the Gatekeeper) is an opera in three acts composed by Ruperto Chapí to a libretto by Carlos Fernández Shaw, based on a dramatic poem by José Zorrilla. It premiered on February 24, 1909 at the Teatro Real in Madrid in a performance… … Wikipedia