- Noise (disambiguation)
Noise is unwanted sound or signal.
Noise may also refer different types of interference such as:
- Noise (audio), residual low level "hiss or hum"
- Noise (video), "snow" on video or television pictures
- Image noise, related to digital photography
- Noise (electronics), related to electronic circuitry
- Noise (radio), interference related to radio signals
Noise may also mean:
- Industrial noise, hearing damage and industrial hygiene
- Noise figure, the ratio of the output noise power to attributable thermal noise
- Noise spectral density, No measured in Watt/Hertz
- Noise (economic), relates to a theory of pricing developed by Fischer Black
- Perlin noise, artificial pseudo-random noise used for computer graphics effects
- Statistical noise, a colloquialism for recognized amounts of unexplained variation in a sample
- Noise (probability), a collection of sigma-fields indexed by time intervals, representing information about a "process with independent values"
In arts and culture:
- Noise (music), a noise-based aesthetic in experimental music and sound art
- Power noise, a derivative of noise music
- NOiSE, a manga by Tsutomu Nihei
- Noise (Goidelic mythology) or Naoise, a figure in Irish mythology
- Noise (Archive album)
- Noise (DecembeRadio album)
- Noise (2007 Australian film), a drama written and directed by Matthew Saville
- Noise (2007 U.S. film), a comedy-drama written and directed by Henry Bean
- Noise (programming block), a Fuji TV late-night anime programming block
- Noise (company), a second-party video game developer for Nintendo
- Bart Kosko
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Meta noise (disambiguation) — Meta noise has several meanings: Meta noise (Metadata recording): referring to inaccurate or irrelevant Metadata recorded in a computerised data repository. Meta noise (Metadata tag): a Metadata tag to encapsulate or describe an audio event. Meta … Wikipedia
White noise (disambiguation) — White noise may mean: * White noise, a signal with a flat frequency spectrum * White noise (slang), a meaningless or distracting commotion or chatter * White Noise (band), an early electronic music band * White Noise , a novel by Don DeLillo *… … Wikipedia
Brown noise (disambiguation) — Brown noise can refer to:* Brownian noise, signal noise with a 1/f2 power spectrum * Brown note, a tone at a certain frequency said to cause loss of bowel control * The South Park episode World Wide Recorder Concert … Wikipedia
Noise reduction (disambiguation) — Noise reduction may refer to: Audio noise reduction Image noise reduction Soundproofing Record restoration See also Noise (disambiguation) This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title. If an … Wikipedia
Noise — This article is about noise as an unwanted phenomenon. For other uses, see Noise (disambiguation). NASA researchers at Glenn Research Center conducting tests on aircraft engine noise in 1967 In common use, the word noise means any unwanted … Wikipedia
Noise (video) — For other uses, see Noise (disambiguation). On an empty channel, an analog TV receiver shows a snowy noise pattern. A similar pattern is shown if on a digital channel when not using a DTV converter box … Wikipedia
NOiSE — This article is about NOiSE the manga. For other uses, see Noise (disambiguation). NOiSE Musubi on top of early silicon creatures NOiSE (ノイズ) … Wikipedia
Noise from the Basement — Studio album by Skye Sweetnam Released … Wikipedia
Meta noise — For other uses, see Meta noise (disambiguation). Meta noise refers to inaccurate or irrelevant metadata. This is particularly prevalent in systems with a schema not based on a controlled vocabulary, such as certain folksonomies. Examples:… … Wikipedia
New York Noise — Genre Indie rock Music Television Format Music Video Series Created by Shirley Braha … Wikipedia