- Socialism (book)
Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis Author(s) Ludwig von Mises Original title Die Gemeinwirtschaft: Untersuchungen über den Sozialismus Translator J. Kahane Country Weimar Germany Language German Subject(s) Socialism Publisher Gustav Fischer Verlag, Liberty Fund, Ludwig von Mises Institute Publication date 1922 Published in
Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis is a book by Austrian School economist and Right-libertarian thinker Ludwig von Mises, first published in German by Gustav Fischer Verlag in Jena in 1922 under the title Die Gemeinwirtschaft: Untersuchungen über den Sozialismus. It was translated into English from the second reworked German edition (Jena: Gustav Fischer Verlag, 1932) by J. Kahane and published by Jonathan Cape in London in 1936. In 1951 the translation was reworked with the assistance of the author and published by Yale University Press in New Haven with the addition of an epilogue by Mises, originally published in 1947 as Planned Chaos by the Foundation for Economic Education (Irvington, NY).
- Ludwig von Mises, Die Gemeinwirtschaft: Untersuchungen über den Sozialismus, Jena: Gustav Fischer Verlag, 1922.
- Ludwig von Mises, Die Gemeinwirtschaft: Untersuchungen über den Sozialismus, Jena: Gustav Fischer Verlag, 1932.
- Ludwig von Mises, Die Gemeinwirtschaft: Untersuchungen über den Sozialismus, Auburn, AL: Ludwig von Mises Institute, 2007. (reprint of 2nd German edition)
- Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. London: Jonathan Cape, 1936
- Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1951.
- Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. London: Jonathan Cape, 1969
- Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. Indianapolis, IN: Liberty Fund, 1981. ISBN 0913966630.
- Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. Auburn, AL: Ludwig von Mises Institute, 200x. ISBN 0913966622.
- Van Sickle, John V. (1923). Review of ludwig von Mises, Die Gemeinwirtschaft, Untersuchungen über den Sozialismus. The American Economic Review 13.3, 533-536.
- Schwiedland, E. (1923). review of Ludwig von Mises, Die Gemeinwirtschaft. Untersuchungen über den Sozialismus. The Economic Journal 33.131, 406-408.
- Stamp, J. C. (1937). Review of Ludwig von Mises, Socialism - An Economic and Sociological Analysis. Economica, New Series 4.14, 223-225.
- Knight, Frank H. (1938). review of Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. The Journal of Political Economy 46.2, 267-269.
- Heimann, Eduard (1938). Review of Ludwig von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 195, Our State Legislators, pp. 233-235'.
- Hayes, H. Gordon (1937). Review of J. Casey, The Crisis in the Communist Party and L. von Mises, Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. The American Economic Review 27.3, 624-625.
Selected books by Ludwig von Mises
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Socialism in India — Socialism … Wikipedia
Socialism — • A system of social and economic organization that would substitute state monopoly for private ownership of the sources of production and means of distribution Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. Socialism Socialism … Catholic encyclopedia
Socialism in One Country — was a thesis developed by Nikolai Bukharin in 1925 and adopted as state policy by Joseph Stalin. The thesis held that given the defeat of all communist revolutions in Europe from 1917–1921 except in Russia, the Soviet Union should begin to… … Wikipedia
Socialism Or Barbarism — infobox Book name = Socialism or Barbarism From the American Century to the Crossroads author = István Mészáros publisher = Monthly Review Press classification = Non Fiction release date = 2001 media type = Print pages = 126 isbn = ISBN 1 58367… … Wikipedia
Socialism — This article is about socialism as an economic system and political philosophy. For socialism as a specific stage of socioeconomic development in Marxist theory, see Socialism (Marxism) … Wikipedia
SOCIALISM — Introduction The words socialism and socialist were first used about the year 1830 but the origin of the ideas which led to the establishment of the modern labor movement goes back to the time of the French Revolution. For a variety of reasons… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
SOCIALISM, JEWISH — This article refers to specifically Jewish movements and parties which envisaged the creation of a socialist society as an essential aspect of the solution to the Jewish question. This definition, while far from perfect, has the virtue of… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Socialism and LGBT rights — [ thumb|right|150px|Qiu Jin (1875 1907), Chinese left wing revolutionary cross dresser.] While gay rights is seen by many in the western world today as a left wing political issue, sexual minorities and gender variant people do not belong as a… … Wikipedia
Socialism — There is a history of socialism that both pre dates Marxism and has developed independently of Marxism. The word “socialist” was coined by followers of the Welsh reformer Robert Owen in a cooperative magazine in 1827. The word “socialism” was… … Historical dictionary of Marxism
Book Squadrons — Government run book clubs in Venzuela. Since Hugo Chávez, the president of Venezuela, announced the launch of his “Revolutionary Reading Plan” in April, thousands of free books have been distributed across the country. As Will Grant reported for… … Dictionary of unconsidered lexicographical trifles